The 50th anniversary of the forming of the Organisation for African Unity (OAU) is a good opportunity to assess the progress made in living up to the founding principles of African unity, the ANC has said.
African leaders gathered today ahead of extravagant celebrations for Africa Day. How are you celebrating your Africa Day?
- Who cares about Africa Day – It’s just like any other day (75%, 74 Votes)
- I’ll be at work (10%, 10 Votes)
- I’ll be chilling with my family (5%, 5 Votes)
- I’ll be having a braai with my friends (4%, 4 Votes)
- I’ll put on my African attire (3%, 3 Votes)
- I’ll play only African music (3%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 99
- W(h)ither the whites?
- SA mourns Vuyo Mbuli
- Nightmare at Gupta Airport
- No deal: How Mamphela Ramphele dumped Helen Zille
- Mogoeng and the prophet
You must be reliable … This year, it’s the beginning of the decade of the cadre.
City Press on Twitter
- @City_Press: Robben goal gives Bayern fifth Euro crown: http://t.co/wdC4k6z9dV
- @City_Press: Amakhosi secure trophy double: http://t.co/nUxYR5iZcB
- @City_Press: Alleged robber killed in chase: http://t.co/lA9EbLy16w
- @City_Press: Fedusa, Motlanthe discuss mine strikes: http://t.co/HEsyItpSOk
- @City_Press: City Power taken to court over R800m tender: http://t.co/8YCrVP9Hff