The head of Gauteng’s education department, Boy Ngobeni, will resign if the province doesn’t improve its matric results from last year, education MEC Panyaza Lesufi has vowed.
I am prepared to take the punishment for what I did wrong, but I won’t take the fall for wrongs that I didn’t do.
City Press on Twitter
- In spite of biased criticism, the Freedom Charter still guides the ANC's vision, writes Gwede Mantashe: http://t.co/TnNmfXLQBv 2 hours ago
- MT @sbajN: Very fair. It is time politicians suffered the consequences of their unsatisfactory performance #talkingpoint 2 hours ago
- MT @mjmancane: If that's the HoD's performance contract, why not. #talkingpoint 2 hours ago
- MT @FaizelCoetzee: No the HOD is not responsible for the pupils actions #talkingpoint 3 hours ago
- MT @luvuyo07993715: Positive change "The education MEC has vowed to remove the HOD if matric pass rate drops. Is this fair?" #talkingpoint 3 hours ago
Tuesday. I’m hanging in a huge tent. I’m waiting for the Commander in Chief. It’s been a long, sweaty wait.
When South Africans wanted details of President Jacob Zuma’s mysterious “rest and relaxation” visit to Russia last month, the response from the highest office was dismissive.