Deputy Police Minister Maggie Sotyu has launched a scathing attack on local media houses for the way they covered the recent violent xenophobic attacks on foreign nationals across the country.
- Spoiler Alert: Grey’s Anatomy fans hysterical following Derek Shepherd’s death
- Pics – Time magazine rolls out the red carpet for 100 most influential
- Pics – The glitz and the glam of the 21st annual Samas
- Trevor Noah could make his Daily Show debut in August
- Beatenberg and hip-hop win big at the SA Music Awards
- Pics – Sandra Bullock, Gabrielle Union and Laverne Cox are 2015’s most beautiful women
- Pics – Jeppestown raid leads to arrests
- Donald Trump takes aim at South Africa... again
- Those Shoes are no longer dancing - SA says farewell to John Moshoeu
- Watch - Makhanya is full of vitriol – Buthelezi
Research was not accurate to say the majority of South Africans are xenophobic. We are not.
City Press on Twitter
- Wilmot James on DA top job: “I have received overwhelming support from colleagues and friends across the party.” http://t.co/kCDkkwyx6P 2 hours ago
- The Judicial Conduct Committee dismissed claims that Judge Jeanette Traverso was biased during Shrien Dewani's trial: http://t.co/Gx6pk3GR5y 3 hours ago
- Deputy police minister launches attack on local media for the way they covered xenophobic attacks: http://t.co/btYWvjFM6Q by @vercingetorics 16 hours ago
- Wilmot James to stand against Mmusi Maimane for DA top job: http://t.co/Uyt3F1wqMq 17 hours ago
- Fatal shots that killed Lucky Dube turned were fired by a local, who said he thought the musician was a Nigerian: http://t.co/GgwGFAyUAj 17 hours ago
I’m busy working on Saturday’s babalaas when I get an SMS from a government spin doctor: “King Goodwill Zwelithini is going to talk about the xenophobia at KwaHlongwa near Maphumulo in a couple of hours’ time.”
It’s almost as if you need never ask about the origins of Africa; there never was a time when Africa was not here.
The rest of Africa is Simply, Better, Faster than South Africa, to borrow a phrase from Standard Bank, one of the big four banks that are minting it on our continent.