"Our leaders in Africa don’t deliver … Our leadership is not driving with business to develop South African brands,” said Mbeki.
We still don’t know. Even as we speak now the laboratory in Lagos has not given us an update.
City Press on Twitter
- Chiefs’ winning run comes to an end: http://t.co/3lbvqo3GSU 3 hours ago
- MT @BonaQhama: Ironically Moeletsi's brother (Thabo) always spoke of the need for people to determine their future. #talkingpoint 3 hours ago
- MT @thabomoetji: It's so true and we are paying heavily for this.The poor are always carrying these leaders on their shoulders #talkingpoint 3 hours ago
- MT @tandilekupa: Africa needs to burn up the root of every tree bearing the wrong fruit of colonial system. #talkingpoint 3 hours ago
- MT @BarbaraDoepel: The culture of 'respect' for leaders is dangerous. Respect must be earned. #talkingpoint 3 hours ago
Milisuthando Bongela asks where the underprivileged black woman is in the midst of all this trendy feminism.
It should be increasingly difficult for South Africa’s top executives to justify their enormous pay packages, given the furore over excessive pay, the country’s high level of unemployment, and the huge disparity between the highest- and lowest-paid employees at companies.