Human Settlements Minister Lindiwe Sisulu’s announcement that people under the age of 40 will no longer receive free housing is “an insult to the poor”.
We encourage the families to take comfort from the knowledge that the greater part of the preparatory work has already been done.
City Press on Twitter
- Lindiwe Sisulu’s housing decision an insult to the poor – EFF: http://t.co/Cc95ClZz2O 3 hours ago
- UPDATED: Court orders Hlaudi Motsoeneng suspension: http://t.co/iaobVlRypu 3 hours ago
- EU donates $1bn to fight #Ebola: http://t.co/WUyZMgGVcI 3 hours ago
- RT @lubabalongcukan: Ramaphosa: OR Tambo was a builder, he built alliances. 3 hours ago
- MT @lubabalongcukan: Ramaphosa: Oliver Tambo had intellectual honesty, something that is very rare in our country today. 4 hours ago
Thursday morning. The last day of Mampara Week. Where I come from, that’s the week before payday.
It should be increasingly difficult for South Africa’s top executives to justify their enormous pay packages, given the furore over excessive pay, the country’s high level of unemployment, and the huge disparity between the highest- and lowest-paid employees at companies.