The Correctional Services department has declined to comment on a report that Oscar Pistorius wept himself to sleep on his first day in prison.
We still don’t know. Even as we speak now the laboratory in Lagos has not given us an update.
City Press on Twitter
- Government employees, it is widely said, are overpaid – and grossly so. This is not true, writes @telbelsa: http://t.co/CRDlxJmMpn 4 hours ago
- Nigeria building collapse: Madonsela lends helping hand: http://t.co/K3t7e5kV4B 4 hours ago
- MT @neoraselabe: Our African leaders are concerned with filling their pockets with money and power. #talkingpoint 11 hours ago
- Champions League round-up: Real outclass Liverpool, Arsenal pull off late comeback: http://t.co/h35kk8ZnNT 11 hours ago
- RT @IamMfanelo: No its a "Pause". "@City_Press: Chiefs’ winning run comes to an end: http://t.co/3lbvqo3GSU" 12 hours ago
Milisuthando Bongela asks where the underprivileged black woman is in the midst of all this trendy feminism.
It should be increasingly difficult for South Africa’s top executives to justify their enormous pay packages, given the furore over excessive pay, the country’s high level of unemployment, and the huge disparity between the highest- and lowest-paid employees at companies.