Advocate Dali Mpofu has blamed Lonmin security guards for failing to prevent an attack on the offices of the National Union of Mineworkers (NUM) on August 11 2012 by striking miners.
- KZN councillors slash R1.3m from personal debt to councils
- US investment preferential scheme: SA calls for 15-year extension
- Nkandla ad-hoc committee to be re-established – Stone Sizani
- DA: Julius Malema says reckless things without thinking
- Jacob Zuma ‘can’t be alleged transgressor and judge in Nkandla case’
All of us here must stop paying TV licences; there must be a march where all of us are going to burn our TV licences in front of the SABC.
City Press on Twitter
- TALKING POINT: Will government have enough time to process all the #land claims? 3 hours ago
- Lonmin guards ‘did not stop attack on NUM’ at #Marikana – Dali Mpofu: http://t.co/hOYFOJMADo 3 hours ago
- VIDEO: Malema defends Mpofu at anniversary rally: http://t.co/b0UtpeTJZL by @TshepoLesole 4 hours ago
- Parliament prepares for ‘second phase’ of land claims: http://t.co/IWD1zGyTdl 4 hours ago
- KZN councillors slash R1.3m from personal debt to councils: http://t.co/xfM9zx3u6u 4 hours ago
In the wake of Mandela Day, Milisithando Bongela questions what the pervasive image of Madiba and the narrative of ‘reconciliation’ really means.
The era of having your cake and eating it seems to be coming to an end for government officials suspended on full pay. That’s if Public Service and Administration Minister Collins Chabane gets his way.