Foreign shop owners, looters and witnesses to the looting this week in Gauteng have described how police stole goods and helped others raid the shops during the worst attacks on foreigners South Africa has seen in seven years.
They understood us very well that where there are challenges, we have plans to remedy the situation.
City Press on Twitter
- RT @KoketsoSachane: #XolelaMangcu's piece "Beyond Madiba's bubble in today's @City_Press...must read. I just kept nodding and nodding. 2 hours ago
- African futures: The seven designers that will define the future of African fashion: http://t.co/hI3kSOZlep #Trending 2 hours ago
- RT @aiBester: Reluctant to read @City_Press on Zelda, but so glad I did: Xolela Mangcu educated me so masterly. http://t.co/voh1W8l9jq 2 hours ago
- The great race debate: Part 2: http://t.co/WbqPmsaqcA 2 hours ago
- Police: We’ll investigate Edward Zuma arrest warrant: http://t.co/aUdOPEcFvm 2 hours ago
I run because I run, and lately it feels like I’ve been running for my life.
It is well known that there are far too few university places available for potential students in Gauteng.
A debate is raging in the media on whether journalists should belong to political parties and if they should wear party regalia.