Three armed men robbed a Metrobus in Roodepoort, Johannesburg, this morning, shooting the driver and injuring a passenger.
I was myself throughout the competition.
City Press on Twitter
- MT @mbanjwax: #Vavi: That audit report is exceedingly damaging. #CosatuCEC is populated by a faction which has bayed for my blood since 2012 2 hours ago
- MT @mbanjwax: #Vavi: Will hold special NEC meetings & meet as many unions, incl Cosatu unions, to unfold a programme of mass mobilisation. 2 hours ago
- MT @mbanjwax: #Vavi: While workers thought they were fighting for ANC's soul, a hidden agenda was being hatched by forces hostile to workers 2 hours ago
- MT @mbanjwax: #Vavi: Cosatu congress won't be attended by unions that called for it because it will be a farce, a betrayal. We won't attend. 2 hours ago
- MT @mbanjwax: #Vavi: We are effectively out of Cosatu, voted out to the exclusion of other unions. Numsa with 365 000 has been booted out. 2 hours ago
Rhodes was a nasty piece of work. The statue should have been pulled down and given to the Apartheid Museum in about May 1994.
The recent cancellation of the Cape Times subscription by Helen Zille’s provincial government tells us a lot about Zille’s character as a politician and her party.
Conspicuously absent from the heated debate about the removal of the statues honouring colonialists and apartheid’s great apostles is the country’s political leadership.