ANC parliamentarians this week revolted against Deputy President Cyril Ramaphosa’s peace deal with opposition parties, saying he had stepped on Speaker Baleka Mbete’s turf.
Ebola has exposed the extreme weaknesses of our institutions as governments.
City Press on Twitter
- Suspend acting CEO for misleading SAA about qualifications – DA: http://t.co/fNSqgyiKZ3 2 hours ago
- How much Cabinet costs SA: http://t.co/K548tIGUak 3 hours ago
- No South Africans recruited by Isis – state security: http://t.co/87w1wcBtyJ 3 hours ago
- #Eskom running out of diesel: http://t.co/vGw1Ao1zbS 3 hours ago
- RT @akanigates: Ramaphosa is a real leader n those ANC ppl should be happy to have a leader like him who takes responsibility. #talkingpoint 3 hours ago
Wednesday. I’m hungry. I’m thinking about Doctor Hunter S Thomson.
The silence is about protecting white male privilege, which is under scrutiny in South Africa’s university system.
The ANC has lost moral authority. The public, even its voting public, no longer believes the party will do the right thing.