Opposition political parties are “astounded” by Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) Chairperson Pansy Tlakula’s argument that a seemingly misleading statement she made to Parliament is not admissible as evidence in court.
ANC secretary general Gwede Mantashe has compared the Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) to Nazis. I think ...
- The ANC is afraid of the EFF’s popularity (53%, 113 Votes)
- He’s spot on. The EFF will cause total anarchy (27%, 58 Votes)
- Mantashe has a point but he is being melodramatic (11%, 24 Votes)
- This is a very reckless statement to make (9%, 19 Votes)
Total Voters: 214
It’s a huge amount of money involved, but you must think big, beyond the squatter camp ...
City Press on Twitter
- MT @mbanjwax: Gordhan: Change culture of nonpayment. Too many people who can afford to pay for municipal services are not paying. #AGaudit 3 hours ago
- MT @mbanjwax: Gordhan: Will be new set of regulations because we need competent people in municipalities. Leadership is crucial. #AGaudit 3 hours ago
- MT @mbanjwax: Gordhan says in future they'll withhold fees to consultants if no improvements where they're hired to assist councils #AGaudit 3 hours ago
- MT @mbanjwax: Gordhan expresses concern that R695m spent on consultants. Why then do they get paid? Why aren't consultants helping? #AGaudit 3 hours ago
- MT @mbanjwax: Gordhan: There are lots of good honest people serving society in municipalities, definitely not all are corrupt. #AGaudit 3 hours ago
In the wake of Mandela Day, Milisithando Bongela questions what the pervasive image of Madiba and the narrative of ‘reconciliation’ really means.
Readers react cynically to the news that Public Works Minister Thulas Nxesi is cracking the whip over Nkandla spending
The era of having your cake and eating it seems to be coming to an end for government officials suspended on full pay. That’s if Public Service and Administration Minister Collins Chabane gets his way.