ANC Secretary General Gwede Mantashe has called the cooperation between opposition parties like the Economic Freedom Fighters and the Democratic Alliance a “counter-revolutionary” and “right wing coalition”.
We cannot be funders of the beautiful roads in Gauteng when our roads are dongas.
City Press on Twitter
- MT @StephanDolk: Steal my money to build your mansion and u'll feel my animosity every time I promise. Steal from many and u get a coalition 2 hours ago
- MT @EliasChinemo: I think it's because the ANC is not answering the questions,they are avoiding the questions & that causes those problems 2 hours ago
- MT @talentdd65: Opposition is the necessary evil in any democracy. #talkingpoint 3 hours ago
- MT @The_Mos_Native: Haha, on what planet can the #EFF ever be labelled rightwing? Who is in bed with capitalists? #Marikana #talkingpoint 3 hours ago
- MT @the85man: Gwede is not a happy chappy as he is getting a bit of his own medicine. #talkingpoint 3 hours ago
Carien du Plessis had a few precious hours of free time during the US-Africa Leaders Summit in Washington, and, after a few Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, took a run through DC’s Disneyland for democracy.
After having read my Sunday papers last week, one of the stories that caught my attention was the story with the headline “Dolus what?” (City Press, September 14 2014).
The lively exchanges in this new term of Parliament have been welcomed for breathing life into what used to be a flat and sleepy House.