Murder has increased by 5% in the past year, national police commissioner Riah Phiyega has said.
I realise that raising the middle finger was not necessary because there are platforms to express the utter disgust for Mr [Cyril] Ramaphosa’s role in Marikana and everywhere else he is involved.
- Soweto Derby is not boring – Doctor Khumalo
- Police torture is Nigeria’s national sport, shocking report reveals
- Boy Mamabolo’s shooting is not political – Jossey Buthane
- Nigeria church tragedy: Zuma deploys ministers to help families
- Municipal employees applaud Pravin Gordhan’s threat to seize assets and sue
City Press on Twitter
- Thandani Ntshumayelo gears up for MTN8 final: http://t.co/4NOrHIoCdq by Ntsako Mashaban 2 hours ago
- Crime: Statistics show ‘higher levels of violence in society’: http://t.co/h82dIPEnWi #CrimeStats 2 hours ago
- MT @mbanjwax: Question & Answer time. #CrimeStats 2 hours ago
- MT @mbanjwax: Phiyega: Carjacking up 12.3% #CrimeStats 2 hours ago
- RT @mbanjwax: Phiyega: We had 11 601 peaceful protests & 1 907 violent protests, an increase from last year with Gauteng highest #CrimeStats 2 hours ago
Tuesday morning. The beginning of the working week for us Tuesday-to-Saturday punters.
I heard with shock when insults were elevated to another level by Kebby Maphatsoe, a leader of government who audaciously called Public Protector Thuli Madonsela a CIA spy and accused her of undermining the ANC.
The decision by the Northern Cape education department to close down schools in Kuruman for the rest of the year is a tragic and regrettable one.