Auditor-General Kimi Makwetu has expressed concern that the departments of health, education and public works, which are key to basic service delivery, cannot “adequately and accurately” account for how they spent 37% of government’s R1 trillion of last year’s budget.
The reason I have a clean conscience is because I know I did my job right.
City Press on Twitter
- MOST READ: Probe apartheid-era spies, SACP tells Zuma: http://t.co/4rucCLFcFn 3 hours ago
- MOST READ: Eskom sheds billions in profit: http://t.co/34DrRJt0m4 4 hours ago
- MOST READ: I’m doing this for my kids – Kelly Khumalo: http://t.co/c6M2LDGISz 4 hours ago
- TALKING POINT: Musician Kelly Khumalo says she is a feminist and represents what women are about. http://t.co/AKxx4nFpV8 Have your say. 4 hours ago
- Toddlers swapped at birth ‘should stay with the families who raised them’: http://t.co/y7QySJVsGw 4 hours ago
Wednesday. I’m hungry. I’m thinking about Doctor Hunter S Thomson.
The recent behaviour displayed by our parliamentarians is disturbing, with the name-calling, shouting and refusal to obey the rules of the House.
There is nothing as sweet as a hard-earned victory. Ask Bafana Bafana. They should be over the moon at qualifying for next year’s Africa Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea.