A City Press investigation revealing how members of teachers’ union Sadtu allegedly sold jobs and promotions at some of South Africa’s beleaguered public schools has won the prestigious 2015 Taco Kuiper Investigative Journalism award.
We’re really sad to see Zayn go, but we totally respect his decision and send him all our love for the future.
City Press on Twitter
- When were you ever invited to a Bar Mitzvah? You're not even welcome to funerals, writes Paul Vilakazi: http://t.co/Y2QG0xq0Nx #RaceDebate 7 hours ago
- City Press investigation about how Sadtu members allegedly sold jobs wins Taco Kuiper Investigative Journalism award: http://t.co/BFxvBaRmwI 7 hours ago
- Galefele Molema screams “bring back Cecil John Rhodes” among multitudes of vociferous opponents: http://t.co/PpD7P9SwZa by @PolokoTau 8 hours ago
- As a white South African, watching reactions to #RhodesMustFall unfold is horrifying, writes Roné McFarlane: http://t.co/8W0nG39rEF 8 hours ago
- RT @GayleMahala: @City_Press @vercingetorics with the #TacoKuiper15 - congratulations! http://t.co/qaiwa9KKWo 9 hours ago
Rhodes was a nasty piece of work. The statue should have been pulled down and given to the Apartheid Museum in about May 1994.
Pravin Gordhan is a master propagandist who speaks good things and writes speeches that receive space on front pages of newspapers.
The problems at Eskom came to a head late this week when Standard & Poor’s relegated it to junk status. The ratings agency said it had less confidence in Eskom because of the suspension last week of four of its senior executives.