Gauteng Education MEC Panyaza Lesufi says “shocking intelligence” revealing deliberations in a community meeting to burn down Roodepoort Primary School is one of the reasons he took a decision to close the troubled school indefinitely.
- Allan Donald calls it quits after 4 years as Proteas bowling coach
- Liverpool boss to bring Sterling back to earth after nitrous oxide high
- Mind Games: Hoskins is right to say ‘no more Mr Nice Guy’
- Tim Spirit: Don’t be big crybabies about how the whistle blows
- Richard Henyekane: From hero to zero
- Veleleni Mashumi, Mamelodi West
President Jacob Zuma has failed us. He has not protected us.
City Press on Twitter
- Roodepoort parents' alleged plan to burn down school apparently led to Panyaza Lesufi closing it down: http://t.co/LWDOCTbZh1 by @PolokoTau 10 hours ago
- A Gauteng teacher filmed slapping, kicking and insulting pupils in class has been suspended: http://t.co/GLfmlEPw6Y by @PolokoTau 10 hours ago
- Gauteng Education MEC Panyaza Lesufi says foreign parents can send children to school without any fear: http://t.co/kwvY3rBWcc by @PolokoTau 11 hours ago
- Cape Town has a way of giving you lemons; then turns around and says it gave you honey, writes Lwandile Fikeni: http://t.co/87AzF0MPjf 12 hours ago
- SA's history is characterised by state authoritarianism and state-societal conflict, writes Ngoako Mohlaloga: http://t.co/aXqeI2ejri 13 hours ago
Rhodes was a nasty piece of work. The statue should have been pulled down and given to the Apartheid Museum in about May 1994.
Cosatu spin doctor Patrick Craven will be remembered as one of the best propagandists who marshaled the federation in supporting Jacob Zuma’s march to power.
One of South Africa’s most exciting soccer stars, Jabu Mahlangu, once opened up about his alcohol addiction, saying that things got so bad, there were times he was drunk when he took to the pitch.