The R1.7 million that was raised to help kidnap victim Pierre Korkie and his family after his expected release in Yemen, will now assist his widow and children start afresh.
We have not given in and we have not backed down.
City Press on Twitter
- Korkie family will use donations for a ‘fresh start’: http://t.co/o5lqI8FMVT 3 hours ago
- Rolene Strauss arrives to hero’s welcome: http://t.co/P7VL4kNCtl #WelcomeHomeRolene 3 hours ago
- MT @ms_thembid: Strauss: To South Africa this crown is for you... I am proudly South African and thank you once again #WelcomeHomeRolene 3 hours ago
- MT @ms_thembid: During her year Rolene will travel to 50 different countries. As an ambassador of the world and SA #WelcomeHomeRolene 3 hours ago
- RT @ms_thembid: The National Anthem to kick off the proceedings #WelcomeHomeRolene 4 hours ago
I run because I run, and lately it feels like I’ve been running for my life.
Ordinary people are adversely affected by load shedding, and there may well be disastrous consequences for jobs, livelihoods and our sinking economy.
We hear it all the time, especially during the festive season. Many of South Africa’s taxis are death traps.