More than 900 police officers were charged in the past three years for helping with escapes, but only 40 of them have been fired, according to Police Minister Nkosinathi Nhleko.
In politics, symbolism is important. No one should tell you to take off what identifies you because if you take off the overall, you are going to look like the rest of them.
City Press on Twitter
- Ministry defends Thuthukile Zuma’s appointment: http://t.co/7aJNTe9Hn0 3 hours ago
- Hawks investigate government official in R1.6bn corruption scandal: http://t.co/KqTRa8aQOp 4 hours ago
- SA to host 2016 International Aids Conference: http://t.co/mhtNLtdTF4 4 hours ago
- What can butter coffee do for you? @dionchang has the answer: http://t.co/n5R1D0vRv3 4 hours ago
- MT @ndamasezoe: so is she not allowed to work anywhere in SA?why did she study then? "Zuma’s daughter gets top govt job. What would you do?" 4 hours ago
Saturday. The Croc and I are up bright and early. Impolitely so, if you ask me, but we don’t have a choice. The Commander in Chief is in town so that’s that.
Honestly, do we really need the department of public works? Has it brought us anything but embarrassment and scandal?