ANC parliamentarians this week revolted against Deputy President Cyril Ramaphosa’s peace deal with opposition parties, saying he had stepped on Speaker Baleka Mbete’s turf.
Ebola has exposed the extreme weaknesses of our institutions as governments.
City Press on Twitter
- In @City_Press today: SABC exec gets the chop after writing damning report about broadcaster’s broken and outdated infrastructure 3 hours ago
- In @City_Press today: President Jacob Zuma will have to share #Nkandla when his term ends in 2019 3 hours ago
- VIDEO: Mark Fish’s health scare was caused by … http://t.co/ngP2gVFeni 3 hours ago
- SA’s vocational programmes problems: http://t.co/jNxM9VNkba 3 hours ago
- GALLERY: Thousands unite for Madiba: http://t.co/deS1o6fxbb 4 hours ago
Wednesday. I’m hungry. I’m thinking about Doctor Hunter S Thomson.
The silence is about protecting white male privilege, which is under scrutiny in South Africa’s university system.
The ANC has lost moral authority. The public, even its voting public, no longer believes the party will do the right thing.