Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan visited the collapsed guesthouse at a mega-church in Lagos, promising to investigate the cause of the tragedy as the death toll hit 86, rescuers said.
I miss her.
City Press on Twitter
- Brilliant! 10 out of 10 for Chiefs: http://t.co/JN1Mu6pTAE by @TimSpiritMolobi #MTN8Final 3 hours ago
- Tomorrow's Voices front page: http://t.co/Kq4pZspXmt 3 hours ago
- Tomorrow's Business front page: http://t.co/WMFCbZn0AK 3 hours ago
- Tomorrow's #Trending front page: http://t.co/wLwejZzI05 3 hours ago
- MT @ferialhaffajee: @City_Press on Sunday "We are dying. Where is the world?" Miata Jambawai's heartfelt letter from Sierra Leone. 7 hours ago
Tuesday morning. The beginning of the working week for us Tuesday-to-Saturday punters.
I heard with shock when insults were elevated to another level by Kebby Maphatsoe, a leader of government who audaciously called Public Protector Thuli Madonsela a CIA spy and accused her of undermining the ANC.
The decision by the Northern Cape education department to close down schools in Kuruman for the rest of the year is a tragic and regrettable one.