The Economic Freedom Fighters will file an urgent application to have construction stopped at the venue where they are set to have their Freedom Day rally on Monday.
- ANC, DA lock horns over Zuma’s IEC appointment
- Israel denying Nzimande a visa creates ‘serious diplomatic problem’
- Maimane better suited to being a priest, not a politician – Malema
- Cyril Ramaphosa ‘was right to be careful on Lesotho’
- Nkandla: Mbete awaits Ramaphosa ‘green light’ on next step
- Spoiler Alert: Grey’s Anatomy fans hysterical following Derek Shepherd’s death
- Pics – Time magazine rolls out the red carpet for 100 most influential
- Pics – The glitz and the glam of the 21st annual Samas
- Trevor Noah could make his Daily Show debut in August
- Beatenberg and hip-hop win big at the SA Music Awards
- Watch – We are one! Joburg stands up against xenophobia
- Pics – Sandra Bullock, Gabrielle Union and Laverne Cox are 2015’s most beautiful women
- Pics – Jeppestown raid leads to arrests
- Donald Trump takes aim at South Africa... again
- Those Shoes are no longer dancing - SA says farewell to John Moshoeu
Research was not accurate to say the majority of South Africans are xenophobic. We are not.
City Press on Twitter
- VIDEO: Shoes Moshoeu was the Messi of his time – Clive Barker: http://t.co/JuL2vh08Y9 #RIPShoes 3 hours ago
- Cope wants Jacob Zuma to take action against Bheki Cele for comments he made about the national police commissioner: http://t.co/Q3kEmk0414 4 hours ago
- EFF to file urgent application after eThekwini Municipality cancels Freedom Day rally venue: http://t.co/pLW8C77RVC by @SthembileCel 6 hours ago
- Edward Zuma told Max du Preez where to get off after he wrote a scathing column criticising King Goodwill Zwelithini http://t.co/hJIQIWmm4z 7 hours ago
- “I apologise on behalf of government about what happened here. It is not right for us to fight as Africans.” http://t.co/vY3nsv44PK 8 hours ago
I’m busy working on Saturday’s babalaas when I get an SMS from a government spin doctor: “King Goodwill Zwelithini is going to talk about the xenophobia at KwaHlongwa near Maphumulo in a couple of hours’ time.”
It’s almost as if you need never ask about the origins of Africa; there never was a time when Africa was not here.
The rest of Africa is Simply, Better, Faster than South Africa, to borrow a phrase from Standard Bank, one of the big four banks that are minting it on our continent.