Less than two weeks after dismissing three of the four rebel MPs, the EFF has appointed new MPs following a victory in the North Gauteng High Court in Pretoria.
President Jacob Zuma has failed us. He has not protected us.
City Press on Twitter
- Erstwhile Athletics South Africa chief executive Frederick “Frik” Vermaak has died, the athletics body confirmed: http://t.co/APLoQbeiGZ 2 hours ago
- The “three-month rule” regarding “casual” employment is now in force, adding protection for “lower-paid employees”: http://t.co/aA3CqCRZv7 3 hours ago
- SA comedian Trevor Noah could start showcasing his funny bone on the Daily Show in August: http://t.co/o5FDyimTfS by @SiyabongaG2 3 hours ago
- EFF has appointed new MPs to replace Khanyisile Litchfield-Tshabalala, Andile Mngxitama and Mpho Ramakatsa: http://t.co/RacwU6Osah by... 3 hours ago
- TALKING POINT: Who do you think should be South Africa’s first female president – and why? http://t.co/9Zb3R50WQh http://t.co/DaF2wBeuSh 4 hours ago
I’m busy working on Saturday’s babalaas when I get an SMS from a government spin doctor: “King Goodwill Zwelithini is going to talk about the xenophobia at KwaHlongwa near Maphumulo in a couple of hours’ time.”
Zulu king Goodwill Zwelithini is out of order when he rages and points fingers at the media, accusing it of twisting his words when he said foreigners must leave South Africa and go back to their countries.
The rest of Africa is Simply, Better, Faster than South Africa, to borrow a phrase from Standard Bank, one of the big four banks that are minting it on our continent.