Police say a car bomb exploded at a polling station in Nigeria’s south-central Enugu state but did not hurt people gathering to vote in a presidential election that analysts say is too close to call.
No political ambition can justify violence or the shedding of the blood of our people.
City Press on Twitter
- MOST READ: Durban court grants gay dad ‘maternity’ leave: http://t.co/L3fUgyUga1 3 hours ago
- MOST READ: CCMA to decide if Tshediso Matona’s suspension was fair: http://t.co/KArRi9UuYS 3 hours ago
- MOST READ: Lone voice screams ‘bring back Cecil John Rhodes’: http://t.co/SJsLmTNbC6 4 hours ago
- Michael Clarke: ‘World Cup final will be last ODI’: http://t.co/Byd58IPRwr 6 hours ago
- Why petrol price is going up by R1.62: http://t.co/CGVoJmWp9s 6 hours ago
Rhodes was a nasty piece of work. The statue should have been pulled down and given to the Apartheid Museum in about May 1994.
Pravin Gordhan is a master propagandist who speaks good things and writes speeches that receive space on front pages of newspapers.
The problems at Eskom came to a head late this week when Standard & Poor’s relegated it to junk status. The ratings agency said it had less confidence in Eskom because of the suspension last week of four of its senior executives.