More than 900 police officers were charged in the past three years for helping with escapes, but only 40 of them have been fired, according to Police Minister Nkosinathi Nhleko.
- Hlaudi Motsoeneng Stadium: ‘An insult to the people of QwaQwa’
- Talking Point: Zuma’s daughter gets top government job
- Julius Malema: I’m no monster, I’ve never lost my temper
- Julius Malema: ‘People hide their stupidity behind ties’
- Pansy Tlakula appeal: Multi-party forum files ConCourt papers
In politics, symbolism is important. No one should tell you to take off what identifies you because if you take off the overall, you are going to look like the rest of them.
City Press on Twitter
- Fifa rejects calls to strip Russia of World Cup hosting rights: http://t.co/PbPWO6BD1j 3 hours ago
- PICS: 21 school kids in 1 bakkie: http://t.co/T3EeDaM3oH 4 hours ago
- Cosatu will never accept ‘DA-inspired’ NDP: http://t.co/EK6KD8g7gs by @ThulethoZwane 4 hours ago
- 900 police charged, 40 fired for aiding escapes: http://t.co/If3Hnsjx7l 4 hours ago
- Icasa to review TV, radio content: http://t.co/C1AH7FAcGI 4 hours ago
Saturday. The Croc and I are up bright and early. Impolitely so, if you ask me, but we don’t have a choice. The Commander in Chief is in town so that’s that.
Honestly, do we really need the department of public works? Has it brought us anything but embarrassment and scandal?