National Assembly Speaker Baleka Mbete has admitted she “lost it” on the day that the Economic Freedom Fighters disrupted President Jacob Zuma’s question time in Parliament.
Our gratitude goes to everyone who assisted.
City Press on Twitter
- MT @carienduplessis: Modise says we should wish someone really special a happy bday. She starts singing to Mbete, "how old are you now"? 65 7 hours ago
- Baleka Mbete: I lost it that day with EFF: http://t.co/4Hl7eQuTpP by @carienduplessis 7 hours ago
- RT @carienduplessis: Tsenoli: also when people hear about terms of service in parly, and expensiveness of travelling home, they say no 8 hours ago
- RT @carienduplessis: Tsenoli: it is difficult to attract black professionals to Cape Town. Many only last 6 months. #ParliamentOutreach 8 hours ago
- RT @carienduplessis: Deputy speaker Lechesa Tsenoli: high turnover in parliament not unlike that in the media #ParliamentOutreach 8 hours ago
Tuesday morning. I’ve been reunited with the Croc after two weeks. The poor bastard has been on wedding duty. I’ve dodged the bullet for both of the Kingdom’s big celebrity hitchings.
After having read my Sunday papers last week, one of the stories that caught my attention was the story with the headline “Dolus what?” (City Press, September 14 2014).
The lively exchanges in this new term of Parliament have been welcomed for breathing life into what used to be a flat and sleepy House.