- Watch – We are one! Joburg stands up against xenophobia
- Watch – KhosiNation brings the house down
- Pics – Sandra Bullock, Gabrielle Union and Laverne Cox are 2015’s most beautiful women
- Pics – Jeppestown raid leads to arrests
- Donald Trump takes aim at South Africa... again
- Those Shoes are no longer dancing - SA says farewell to John Moshoeu
- Watch - Makhanya is full of vitriol – Buthelezi
- Pics – The Union Buildings awash in colour
- Pics – South African artists say #StopTheHate
- Pics - Who’s the world’s best protester?
- Pics - Mayhem at anti-xenophobia march
- Watch – Immigrants in Joburg speak out
City Press on Twitter
- EFF to file urgent application after eThekwini Municipality cancels Freedom Day rally venue: http://t.co/pLW8C77RVC by @SthembileCel 4 hours ago
- Edward Zuma told Max du Preez where to get off after he wrote a scathing column criticising King Goodwill Zwelithini http://t.co/hJIQIWmm4z 5 hours ago
- “I apologise on behalf of government about what happened here. It is not right for us to fight as Africans.” http://t.co/vY3nsv44PK 6 hours ago
- Bruce Jenner makes transgender history by identifying as a woman: http://t.co/R7vuinsvPO 6 hours ago
- Wilmot James on DA top job: “I have received overwhelming support from colleagues and friends across the party.” http://t.co/kCDkkwyx6P 6 hours ago
I’m busy working on Saturday’s babalaas when I get an SMS from a government spin doctor: “King Goodwill Zwelithini is going to talk about the xenophobia at KwaHlongwa near Maphumulo in a couple of hours’ time.”
It’s almost as if you need never ask about the origins of Africa; there never was a time when Africa was not here.
The rest of Africa is Simply, Better, Faster than South Africa, to borrow a phrase from Standard Bank, one of the big four banks that are minting it on our continent.