- Graphic – Suffer the children
- Graphic – Hangover cures - the best and worst
- Graphic – How a spacecraft landed on comet
- Graphic – The equipment that ringside doctors need
- Watch – Baleka Mbete hits back at MPs
- Pics – Joburg rain brings little comfort to the homeless
- Pics – Obama, Rihanna and Meryl Streep celebrate the veterans
- Pics – The journey through female circumcision
- Watch – Comet landing: How it’s done
- Pics– Lupita Nyong'o leads this year’s women of the year
- Pics – Germany remembers fall of Berlin Wall
- Pics – Hollywood royalty dazzles at pre-Oscar event
City Press on Twitter
- No evidence Dewani committed crime – lawyers: http://t.co/fJ599TaiOF 2 hours ago
- LETTER: Why are white professors silent on lack of black scholars? http://t.co/tj3PugkLo9 2 hours ago
- Zim vice-president ready to fight treason accusations: http://t.co/v6XPVr9sv2 2 hours ago
- MOST READ: The R1.7bn profit pie: http://t.co/txopR6e5Gr 3 hours ago
- Parliament not ANC’s playground – Zille: http://t.co/YuuzuuSW1B 3 hours ago
Tuesday. I’m catching up on some reading after a week of higher learning. A pretty damned fine gig. Hanging around Wits, learning shit from cats not much older than my offspring, Small James and Big James.
The silence is about protecting white male privilege, which is under scrutiny in South Africa’s university system.
The ANC has lost moral authority. The public, even its voting public, no longer believes the party will do the right thing.