Picture: Darren Whiteside/Reuters
City Press on Twitter
- TALKING POINT: Julius Malema and Cassie Moller are accusing each other of using ka**ir and boer in an altercation. Share your views. 3 hours ago
- ‘City, Sanral conspired against #Lwandle residents’: http://t.co/sEz9qhQgO0 3 hours ago
- Numsa tests ANC’s clout in Cosatu – Steven Friedman: http://t.co/mGdxXc3z6P 4 hours ago
- Grace Mugabe eyes Zim top job: http://t.co/nu1W9fvMpZ 4 hours ago
- Kaunda takes key post in Zuma’s office: http://t.co/REvTOoN5BC 5 hours ago
Thursday morning. The last day of Mampara Week. Where I come from, that’s the week before payday.
It should be increasingly difficult for South Africa’s top executives to justify their enormous pay packages, given the furore over excessive pay, the country’s high level of unemployment, and the huge disparity between the highest- and lowest-paid employees at companies.