Picture: Darren Whiteside/Reuters
City Press on Twitter
- Jacob Zuma ‘plans’ to suspend Mxolisi Nxasana with full pay: http://t.co/NpVjUuCDxy 3 hours ago
- We might not be better than other nations, but we are not worse either, writes @MuziKuzwayo: http://t.co/Ig1lpMTLvq 4 hours ago
- MT @VigilanteMP: #Ebola Yes. The authorities have an obligation to protect its citizen. #talkingpoint 4 hours ago
- MT @KegzD: #Ebola No it is not fair, it would be inhumane not to assist a sick person just because of their nationality. #talkingpoint 4 hours ago
- MT @drknwitallsa: #Ebola This is a epidemic, human contact needs to be minimised. Fair game. #talkingpoint 4 hours ago
In the wake of Mandela Day, Milisithando Bongela questions what the pervasive image of Madiba and the narrative of ‘reconciliation’ really means.
The era of having your cake and eating it seems to be coming to an end for government officials suspended on full pay. That’s if Public Service and Administration Minister Collins Chabane gets his way.