Picture: Darren Whiteside/Reuters
City Press on Twitter
- Telkom Knockout: Sundowns through to last 4: http://t.co/EU0iXgNcS9 3 hours ago
- Tomorrow's #Trending front page: http://t.co/rmktvy9rkZ 4 hours ago
- MT @ferialhaffajee: @City_Press on Sunday How gazillions in the police budget for detectives was moved to blue light brigades. 5 hours ago
- RT @ferialhaffajee: @City_Press on Sunday Oscar's huge unpaid legal bills. What will Barry Roux do? 5 hours ago
- MT @ferialhaffajee: @City_Press on Sunday "If I can't see David, I'm not going to London." Why the President had a little tantrum. 5 hours ago
Thursday morning. The last day of Mampara Week. Where I come from, that’s the week before payday.
It should be increasingly difficult for South Africa’s top executives to justify their enormous pay packages, given the furore over excessive pay, the country’s high level of unemployment, and the huge disparity between the highest- and lowest-paid employees at companies.