Picture: Khaled Abdullah/Reuters
City Press on Twitter
- Gumbi-Masilela paid R3m to leave office?: http://t.co/JofLE0rqBu 4 hours ago
- Air traffic controllers in ‘race-card spat’: http://t.co/F9MWgmVb5h 4 hours ago
- Richmond municipal manager’s office burnt down: http://t.co/CZ0TGjLlbK 4 hours ago
- #TBJoshua trauma ‘will take years to heal’: http://t.co/1lsbvVex2H 5 hours ago
- Numsa’s socialist party a Cosatu resolution – Jim: http://t.co/1lA2wW1ALD 6 hours ago
Tuesday. I’m catching up on some reading after a week of higher learning. A pretty damned fine gig. Hanging around Wits, learning shit from cats not much older than my offspring, Small James and Big James.
The silence is about protecting white male privilege, which is under scrutiny in South Africa’s university system.
The ANC has lost moral authority. The public, even its voting public, no longer believes the party will do the right thing.