The SABC has for the first time admitted that its New Age business breakfasts are more advantageous to the Gupta family, which owns the newspaper, than to the public broadcaster.
I cannot understand the pain you and your sisters, Sonja and Lorraine, are experiencing right now.
For years the scandal-plagued Bosasa group had been receiving lucrative government tenders, partly based on its BEE credentials.
Reeva Steenkamp was crouching behind the toilet door in Oscar Pistorius’ bathroom when she was shot dead on Valentine’s Day.
An ex-girlfriend of murder accused Oscar Pistorius has spilled the beans to the police.
Senior advocate Guido Penzhorn revealed this morning that President Jacob Zuma offered him the position as head of the Special Investigating Unit (SIU) in February.
Who told South African men that their spouses belonged to them? Who told us that the bodies of our lovers, girlfriends and wives were our property to beat, rape or mutilate when we felt like it?
President Jacob Zuma says he hasn’t had the time to appoint a permanent head of the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) because “there have been significant real crises such as at Mangaung”.
The family of former president Nelson Mandela was seriously considering switching off his life-support machines, their advocate told the Mthatha High Court.
South Africa’s head of commercial crime prosecutions has criticised the granting of indemnity to a construction industry executive who blew the whistle on decades of fraud, collusion and racketeering.
The lawyer representing senior prosecutor Glynnis Breytenbach has given the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) until tomorrow afternoon to reinstate her to her job.
City Press on Twitter
- In her latest book, academic Dr Gabeba Baderoon asks what it means to be Muslim in South Africa: http://t.co/DimRKVdxK9 8 hours ago
- Luis Suárez could make Barcelona debut against Real Madrid: http://t.co/86CyIXMsAc 9 hours ago
- Pansy Tlakula appeal: Multi-party forum files ConCourt papers: http://t.co/lgDTQIKq2h 9 hours ago
- Kyalami will remain a racetrack – Porsche SA: http://t.co/STjZoyVLIc by @Thuls11 10 hours ago
- Missing Air Algerie flight has crashed – Algerian aviation official: http://t.co/zslj9XGbRd 10 hours ago
- 40 000 join Cape Town protest against Israeli attacks
- How Hlaudi Motsoeneng lied in SABC application: 4 E’s and an F in ‘matric’
- Why SA men have far less sex than the global average
- Transnet faces biggest class action in SA history over stripping of pension fund assets
- 10 steps to develop black professors
Saturday. The Croc and I are up bright and early. Impolitely so, if you ask me, but we don’t have a choice. The Commander in Chief is in town so that’s that.
Honestly, do we really need the department of public works? Has it brought us anything but embarrassment and scandal?