An editor takes on a thorny issue – and the ANC responds.
The SABC has for the first time admitted that its New Age business breakfasts are more advantageous to the Gupta family, which owns the newspaper, than to the public broadcaster.
I cannot understand the pain you and your sisters, Sonja and Lorraine, are experiencing right now.
For years the scandal-plagued Bosasa group had been receiving lucrative government tenders, partly based on its BEE credentials.
Reeva Steenkamp was crouching behind the toilet door in Oscar Pistorius’ bathroom when she was shot dead on Valentine’s Day.
An ex-girlfriend of murder accused Oscar Pistorius has spilled the beans to the police.
Senior advocate Guido Penzhorn revealed this morning that President Jacob Zuma offered him the position as head of the Special Investigating Unit (SIU) in February.
Who told South African men that their spouses belonged to them? Who told us that the bodies of our lovers, girlfriends and wives were our property to beat, rape or mutilate when we felt like it?
President Jacob Zuma says he hasn’t had the time to appoint a permanent head of the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) because “there have been significant real crises such as at Mangaung”.
The family of former president Nelson Mandela was seriously considering switching off his life-support machines, their advocate told the Mthatha High Court.
South Africa’s head of commercial crime prosecutions has criticised the granting of indemnity to a construction industry executive who blew the whistle on decades of fraud, collusion and racketeering.
City Press on Twitter
- TALKING POINT: IEC chairperson Pansy Tlakula has quit after fighting long and hard to keep her job. Are there any lessons to be learnt here? 3 hours ago
- Pansy Tlakula finally sees the light – Bantu Holomisa: http://t.co/IymMptd2c7 3 hours ago
- Web series review: Those White Folks and their suburban, South African problems: http://t.co/9HeC0IxisS #Trending 4 hours ago
- MT @eldrige4: I just hope this thing with Zuma and the KIng does not lead to Cultural divisions in SA #talkingpoint #dalindyebo 5 hours ago
- MT @_Oscar_lee: As much as #Dalindyebo came clean about DA, I don't think he's a good role model let alone Zuma. #talkingpoint 5 hours ago
If I was the colour red, I’d sue Valentine’s Day for defamation. There’s so much more to red than roses and silly balloons.
Readers react to the EFF’s parliamentary behaviour with more favour than scorn.
Rock out to music with local and international musicians