An editor takes on a thorny issue – and the ANC responds.
The SABC has for the first time admitted that its New Age business breakfasts are more advantageous to the Gupta family, which owns the newspaper, than to the public broadcaster.
I cannot understand the pain you and your sisters, Sonja and Lorraine, are experiencing right now.
For years the scandal-plagued Bosasa group had been receiving lucrative government tenders, partly based on its BEE credentials.
Reeva Steenkamp was crouching behind the toilet door in Oscar Pistorius’ bathroom when she was shot dead on Valentine’s Day.
An ex-girlfriend of murder accused Oscar Pistorius has spilled the beans to the police.
Senior advocate Guido Penzhorn revealed this morning that President Jacob Zuma offered him the position as head of the Special Investigating Unit (SIU) in February.
Who told South African men that their spouses belonged to them? Who told us that the bodies of our lovers, girlfriends and wives were our property to beat, rape or mutilate when we felt like it?
President Jacob Zuma says he hasn’t had the time to appoint a permanent head of the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) because “there have been significant real crises such as at Mangaung”.
The family of former president Nelson Mandela was seriously considering switching off his life-support machines, their advocate told the Mthatha High Court.
South Africa’s head of commercial crime prosecutions has criticised the granting of indemnity to a construction industry executive who blew the whistle on decades of fraud, collusion and racketeering.
City Press on Twitter
- MT @carienduplessis: Modise says we should wish someone really special a happy bday. She starts singing to Mbete, "how old are you now"? 65 7 hours ago
- Baleka Mbete: I lost it that day with EFF: http://t.co/4Hl7eQuTpP by @carienduplessis 7 hours ago
- RT @carienduplessis: Tsenoli: also when people hear about terms of service in parly, and expensiveness of travelling home, they say no 7 hours ago
- RT @carienduplessis: Tsenoli: it is difficult to attract black professionals to Cape Town. Many only last 6 months. #ParliamentOutreach 7 hours ago
- RT @carienduplessis: Deputy speaker Lechesa Tsenoli: high turnover in parliament not unlike that in the media #ParliamentOutreach 7 hours ago
Tuesday morning. I’ve been reunited with the Croc after two weeks. The poor bastard has been on wedding duty. I’ve dodged the bullet for both of the Kingdom’s big celebrity hitchings.
After having read my Sunday papers last week, one of the stories that caught my attention was the story with the headline “Dolus what?” (City Press, September 14 2014).
The lively exchanges in this new term of Parliament have been welcomed for breathing life into what used to be a flat and sleepy House.