Despite widespread media criticism of the proposed amendments to the country’s mining legislation, the intended law the has support of at least two influential business formations.
Where do wealthy politicians who become state officials park their money?
The nation’s powerful business bodies, the Black Business Council (BBC) and Business Unity SA (Busa), have put their differences aside to ensure that South Africa is properly represented in the mooted Brics (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) Business Council.
The department of trade and industry (the dti) has defended the track record of the country’s incentives programmes, which in the past have been less than effective in attracting investors and creating jobs.
Eastern Cape is looking to diversify its economy in areas not related to the automotive sector, its lifeblood and largest employer.
- Police torture is Nigeria’s national sport, shocking report reveals
- Boy Mamabolo’s shooting is not political – Jossey Buthane
- Nigeria church tragedy: Zuma deploys ministers to help families
- Municipal employees applaud Pravin Gordhan’s threat to seize assets and sue
- Rogue municipal officials to be blacklisted
City Press on Twitter
- Scores of public schools lack basic services – Motshekga: http://t.co/LbgmaO7RV5 6 hours ago
- MT @Tulani30: She did well under very difficult economic climate. #talkingpoint 6 hours ago
- MT @Kwazingwenya: We've had good governors in SA. This is one department that never makes noise but good governance. #talkingpoint 6 hours ago
- MT @Thulasngwenya: It's time for another competent successor to take over. We have capable candidates who'll keep ship afloat! #talkingpoint 6 hours ago
- Yoh! Fashion parties are all the rage. Here's why: http://t.co/5ATBKfiABe #Trending 7 hours ago
Tuesday morning. The beginning of the working week for us Tuesday-to-Saturday punters.
I heard with shock when insults were elevated to another level by Kebby Maphatsoe, a leader of government who audaciously called Public Protector Thuli Madonsela a CIA spy and accused her of undermining the ANC.
The decision by the Northern Cape education department to close down schools in Kuruman for the rest of the year is a tragic and regrettable one.