Despite widespread media criticism of the proposed amendments to the country’s mining legislation, the intended law the has support of at least two influential business formations.
Where do wealthy politicians who become state officials park their money?
The nation’s powerful business bodies, the Black Business Council (BBC) and Business Unity SA (Busa), have put their differences aside to ensure that South Africa is properly represented in the mooted Brics (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) Business Council.
The department of trade and industry (the dti) has defended the track record of the country’s incentives programmes, which in the past have been less than effective in attracting investors and creating jobs.
Eastern Cape is looking to diversify its economy in areas not related to the automotive sector, its lifeblood and largest employer.
City Press on Twitter
- MOST READ: Infighting will kill Cosatu – Vavi: http://t.co/WxsH2G8kHh 3 hours ago
- 4 killed in Van Reenen’s Pass truck crashes: http://t.co/KsvGYfqwyN 3 hours ago
- #SenzoMeyiwa goes home: http://t.co/f9riB5zWd1 by @Athi_Saba and @Ntombi_Makhoba 3 hours ago
- Official funerals for Meyiwa, Mulaudzi – Zuma: http://t.co/P820I99WlC 4 hours ago
- VIDEO: Itumeleng Khune: ‘Senzo and I were like brothers’: http://t.co/qh27z0VSzL by @Thuls11 #SenzoMeyiwa 4 hours ago
With back-to-back fashion weeks in Johannesburg, Malibongwe Tyilo maps out the treacherous fashion week ecosystem and its various species
Please stop telling me about respect because you only have oppression, corruption and ageism to give in return. Do not hide your incapacity, insecurity and unintelligibility with age – it’s stale and it’s embarrassing.
Yes, there is good news on Ebola. Nigeria and Senegal have been declared Ebola-free. This is a reflection of good governance. Nigeria learnt from a previous polio outbreak to lock down a breakout to prevent a pandemic.