The Economic Freedom Fighters have cried foul, claiming the ANC is “planning to undermine the very Parliament that it claims to protect and respect” by busing in supporters for this afternoon’s sitting.
Carien du Plessis
Public Protector Thuli Madonsela has tweeted that she had the right to publish the letter she wrote to President Jacob Zuma, and questioned the ANC’s motives for hounding the alleged leaker.
ANC secretary-general Gwede Mantashe said action should have been taken against Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) MPs when they disrupted Thursday’s parliamentary question session with President Jacob Zuma.
The ANC Youth League needs R21 million to pay for its upcoming elective conference – and the ANC is set to foot the bill.
National Assembly Speaker Baleka Mbete has adjourned a session in which MPs could put questions to President Jacob Zuma after the sitting descended into chaos.
President Jacob Zuma has put the inquiry into prosecutions head Mxolisi Nxasana’s fitness for office on ice following a meeting with him last week.
National Assembly Speaker Baleka Mbete was forced to suspend a sitting of the National Assembly today as a question session to President Jacob Zuma descended into chaos.
The ANC Youth League’s investment arm, Lembede Investments, was legally sold to advocate Dali Mpofu, league coordinator Mzwandile Masina has revealed.
Ebrahim Rasool left the Western Cape for Washington, DC, in 2010, soon after a journalist implicated in a cash-for-stories “brown envelope” scandal claimed he was Rasool’s embedded spin doctor.
Why walk when you can run? Some of us learn the hard way that this is a very bad idea. We have Talk Radio 702 to thank for this life lesson because every year its brings runners and tough guys down to earth by organising Walk the Talk.
IFP MP Mario Oriani-Ambrosini (53) has died after a long battle against cancer.
Housing Minister Lindiwe Sisulu had an office break-in scare, sparking fears amongst staff that somebody could be after sensitive information.
City Press on Twitter
- ANC and EFF play blame game over ‘hooligans’ in Parliament: http://t.co/J91gWbraKN 7 hours ago
- MT @oosthuizenoosi1: Unfair to the children, but also right to stand up for your rights. #talkingpoint #kuruman 8 hours ago
- MT @Todzis: Insanity is not knowing what you doing is idiotic...send psychiatrist to Kuruman. #talkingpoint #kuruman 8 hours ago
- MT @elvisbolokang: Pupils can't travel long distances with unroadworthy buses, I know conditions they are faced with #talkingpoint #kuruman 10 hours ago
- MT @MrCow_man: Parents should stop using children to fight their battles with government. Tar road is not education. #talkingpoint #kuruman 10 hours ago
If I was the colour red, I’d sue Valentine’s Day for defamation. There’s so much more to red than roses and silly balloons.
The actors and actresses of Generations, who are currently on strike, had their contracts terminated by the SABC. The big question is: how much does the show make?
There are many questions that arose after the chaotic scenes seen in Parliament this week.