In this society which urgently needs to educate citizens to be articulate and literate, there is something simple but profound we can all do – we can tell and read stories to children.
City Press on Twitter
- Bonang Matheba talks about what love means to her: http://t.co/eZO0McwI14 5 hours ago
- “Let’s not say: ‘You’re out of order, you can’t ask that’ – Thabo Mbeki weighs in on #Sona2015: http://t.co/zFTRTwaL9i 5 hours ago
- EFF deliberately disrupted #Sona2015 for political reasons – Zuma: http://t.co/pRUj5njeab 6 hours ago
- Usain Bolt says he will retire after 2017 World Championships in London: http://t.co/DJtyw6obIH 6 hours ago
- Zuma didn’t know about signal jamming – presidency: http://t.co/vXDBsJmyUT #SONA2015 7 hours ago
Wednesday. My second day back at work after a month of what one of my bosses describes as: “Sitting on the beach, smoking zol and doing fokol.” The man’s not entirely incorrect in his analysis. It is what it is.
The Curro school saga makes me happy. In this 21st year of our democracy, as we move into adulthood as a nation, even the private schools are beginning to reflect South African demographics, with white children in the minority.
What a beautiful summer we are having. My family and I enjoy the long days and long nights. I hope you and yours do too.