In this society which urgently needs to educate citizens to be articulate and literate, there is something simple but profound we can all do – we can tell and read stories to children.
City Press on Twitter
- Man in court for killing 3 Numsa members: http://t.co/u2bXL7kRxz 3 hours ago
- Taxi strike could affect matrics: http://t.co/KgKMb9Ryju 4 hours ago
- Taxi strike leaves commuters stranded: http://t.co/N6eYRje07l 4 hours ago
- EFF conference turns bloody: http://t.co/cUx8ymbywj 4 hours ago
- Public Service ‘abusing’ affirmative action: http://t.co/czV4wR8c8p 4 hours ago
Tuesday. I’m catching up on some reading after a week of higher learning. A pretty damned fine gig. Hanging around Wits, learning shit from cats not much older than my offspring, Small James and Big James.
The silence is about protecting white male privilege, which is under scrutiny in South Africa’s university system.
The ANC has lost moral authority. The public, even its voting public, no longer believes the party will do the right thing.