In this society which urgently needs to educate citizens to be articulate and literate, there is something simple but profound we can all do – we can tell and read stories to children.
City Press on Twitter
- Lindiwe Sisulu’s housing decision an insult to the poor – EFF: http://t.co/Cc95ClZz2O 2 hours ago
- UPDATED: Court orders Hlaudi Motsoeneng suspension: http://t.co/iaobVlRypu 2 hours ago
- EU donates $1bn to fight #Ebola: http://t.co/WUyZMgGVcI 2 hours ago
- RT @lubabalongcukan: Ramaphosa: OR Tambo was a builder, he built alliances. 3 hours ago
- MT @lubabalongcukan: Ramaphosa: Oliver Tambo had intellectual honesty, something that is very rare in our country today. 3 hours ago
Thursday morning. The last day of Mampara Week. Where I come from, that’s the week before payday.
It should be increasingly difficult for South Africa’s top executives to justify their enormous pay packages, given the furore over excessive pay, the country’s high level of unemployment, and the huge disparity between the highest- and lowest-paid employees at companies.