Free State Premier Ace Magashule sacked his MEC for Finance, Seiso Mohai, yesterday afternoon.
The Free State provincial government has allegedly spent an estimated R1.6 million in the past three months on advertisements in The Weekly, a newspaper owned by Letlaka Media – the company that was awarded the multimillion-rand website contract from the office of Premier Ace Magashule.
The Free State provincial government has appointed a new MEC for health without making any formal announcement despite several media enquiries to the office of Free State Premier Ace Magashule.
The company that charged the Free State provincial government R47 million for its website design could lose its lucrative contracts as National Treasury sets its sights on the beleaguered province.
Free State Finance MEC Seiso Mohai was silent on the controversial R140 million provincial government website in his budget speech today.
Free State Premier Ace Magashule said he would investigate the multimillion-rand website design contract for the Free State government.
Multimillion rand investments in the mining industry and road infrastructure were among the announcements acting Northern Cape premier Grizelda Cjiekella made in her second state of the province address today.
Why, oh why, won’t South African politicians learn from their US counterparts that it’s okay to rock the red carpet?
Beatrice Marshoff still works for the ANC behind the scenes.
The Free State would host a crime prevention summit, following a recent spate of farm attacks, Premier Ace Magashule announced in his state of the province address today.
The ANC in the Free State has postponed its provincial conference.
- Soweto Derby is not boring – Doctor Khumalo
- Police torture is Nigeria’s national sport, shocking report reveals
- Boy Mamabolo’s shooting is not political – Jossey Buthane
- Nigeria church tragedy: Zuma deploys ministers to help families
- Municipal employees applaud Pravin Gordhan’s threat to seize assets and sue
City Press on Twitter
- Thandani Ntshumayelo gears up for MTN8 final: http://t.co/4NOrHIoCdq by Ntsako Mashaban 2 hours ago
- Crime: Statistics show ‘higher levels of violence in society’: http://t.co/h82dIPEnWi #CrimeStats 2 hours ago
- MT @mbanjwax: Question & Answer time. #CrimeStats 3 hours ago
- MT @mbanjwax: Phiyega: Carjacking up 12.3% #CrimeStats 3 hours ago
- RT @mbanjwax: Phiyega: We had 11 601 peaceful protests & 1 907 violent protests, an increase from last year with Gauteng highest #CrimeStats 3 hours ago
Tuesday morning. The beginning of the working week for us Tuesday-to-Saturday punters.
I heard with shock when insults were elevated to another level by Kebby Maphatsoe, a leader of government who audaciously called Public Protector Thuli Madonsela a CIA spy and accused her of undermining the ANC.
The decision by the Northern Cape education department to close down schools in Kuruman for the rest of the year is a tragic and regrettable one.