Free State Premier Ace Magashule sacked his MEC for Finance, Seiso Mohai, yesterday afternoon.
The Free State provincial government has allegedly spent an estimated R1.6 million in the past three months on advertisements in The Weekly, a newspaper owned by Letlaka Media – the company that was awarded the multimillion-rand website contract from the office of Premier Ace Magashule.
The Free State provincial government has appointed a new MEC for health without making any formal announcement despite several media enquiries to the office of Free State Premier Ace Magashule.
The company that charged the Free State provincial government R47 million for its website design could lose its lucrative contracts as National Treasury sets its sights on the beleaguered province.
Free State Finance MEC Seiso Mohai was silent on the controversial R140 million provincial government website in his budget speech today.
Free State Premier Ace Magashule said he would investigate the multimillion-rand website design contract for the Free State government.
Multimillion rand investments in the mining industry and road infrastructure were among the announcements acting Northern Cape premier Grizelda Cjiekella made in her second state of the province address today.
Why, oh why, won’t South African politicians learn from their US counterparts that it’s okay to rock the red carpet?
Beatrice Marshoff still works for the ANC behind the scenes.
The Free State would host a crime prevention summit, following a recent spate of farm attacks, Premier Ace Magashule announced in his state of the province address today.
The ANC in the Free State has postponed its provincial conference.
City Press on Twitter
- Ministry defends Thuthukile Zuma’s appointment: http://t.co/7aJNTe9Hn0 3 hours ago
- Hawks investigate government official in R1.6bn corruption scandal: http://t.co/KqTRa8aQOp 4 hours ago
- SA to host 2016 International Aids Conference: http://t.co/mhtNLtdTF4 4 hours ago
- What can butter coffee do for you? @dionchang has the answer: http://t.co/n5R1D0vRv3 4 hours ago
- MT @ndamasezoe: so is she not allowed to work anywhere in SA?why did she study then? "Zuma’s daughter gets top govt job. What would you do?" 4 hours ago
Saturday. The Croc and I are up bright and early. Impolitely so, if you ask me, but we don’t have a choice. The Commander in Chief is in town so that’s that.
Honestly, do we really need the department of public works? Has it brought us anything but embarrassment and scandal?