Free State Premier Ace Magashule sacked his MEC for Finance, Seiso Mohai, yesterday afternoon.
The Free State provincial government has allegedly spent an estimated R1.6 million in the past three months on advertisements in The Weekly, a newspaper owned by Letlaka Media – the company that was awarded the multimillion-rand website contract from the office of Premier Ace Magashule.
The Free State provincial government has appointed a new MEC for health without making any formal announcement despite several media enquiries to the office of Free State Premier Ace Magashule.
The company that charged the Free State provincial government R47 million for its website design could lose its lucrative contracts as National Treasury sets its sights on the beleaguered province.
Free State Finance MEC Seiso Mohai was silent on the controversial R140 million provincial government website in his budget speech today.
Free State Premier Ace Magashule said he would investigate the multimillion-rand website design contract for the Free State government.
Multimillion rand investments in the mining industry and road infrastructure were among the announcements acting Northern Cape premier Grizelda Cjiekella made in her second state of the province address today.
Why, oh why, won’t South African politicians learn from their US counterparts that it’s okay to rock the red carpet?
Beatrice Marshoff still works for the ANC behind the scenes.
The Free State would host a crime prevention summit, following a recent spate of farm attacks, Premier Ace Magashule announced in his state of the province address today.
The ANC in the Free State has postponed its provincial conference.
City Press on Twitter
- EFF to file urgent application after eThekwini Municipality cancels Freedom Day rally venue: http://t.co/pLW8C77RVC by @SthembileCel 3 hours ago
- Edward Zuma told Max du Preez where to get off after he wrote a scathing column criticising King Goodwill Zwelithini http://t.co/hJIQIWmm4z 4 hours ago
- “I apologise on behalf of government about what happened here. It is not right for us to fight as Africans.” http://t.co/vY3nsv44PK 5 hours ago
- Bruce Jenner makes transgender history by identifying as a woman: http://t.co/R7vuinsvPO 5 hours ago
- Wilmot James on DA top job: “I have received overwhelming support from colleagues and friends across the party.” http://t.co/kCDkkwyx6P 6 hours ago
I’m busy working on Saturday’s babalaas when I get an SMS from a government spin doctor: “King Goodwill Zwelithini is going to talk about the xenophobia at KwaHlongwa near Maphumulo in a couple of hours’ time.”
It’s almost as if you need never ask about the origins of Africa; there never was a time when Africa was not here.
The rest of Africa is Simply, Better, Faster than South Africa, to borrow a phrase from Standard Bank, one of the big four banks that are minting it on our continent.