Free State Premier Ace Magashule sacked his MEC for Finance, Seiso Mohai, yesterday afternoon.
The Free State provincial government has allegedly spent an estimated R1.6 million in the past three months on advertisements in The Weekly, a newspaper owned by Letlaka Media – the company that was awarded the multimillion-rand website contract from the office of Premier Ace Magashule.
The Free State provincial government has appointed a new MEC for health without making any formal announcement despite several media enquiries to the office of Free State Premier Ace Magashule.
The company that charged the Free State provincial government R47 million for its website design could lose its lucrative contracts as National Treasury sets its sights on the beleaguered province.
Free State Finance MEC Seiso Mohai was silent on the controversial R140 million provincial government website in his budget speech today.
Free State Premier Ace Magashule said he would investigate the multimillion-rand website design contract for the Free State government.
Multimillion rand investments in the mining industry and road infrastructure were among the announcements acting Northern Cape premier Grizelda Cjiekella made in her second state of the province address today.
Why, oh why, won’t South African politicians learn from their US counterparts that it’s okay to rock the red carpet?
Beatrice Marshoff still works for the ANC behind the scenes.
The Free State would host a crime prevention summit, following a recent spate of farm attacks, Premier Ace Magashule announced in his state of the province address today.
The ANC in the Free State has postponed its provincial conference.
City Press on Twitter
- MT @MooipaLesetja: donate it to coward govt to build houses for people in Stjwetla, Alex & other squatters with no land."R205m for #Kyalami" 4 hours ago
- MT @MissTanyaVenter: Ensure that SA Motorsport's greatest asset continues to capture hearts of those who race. "R205m for #Kyalami" 4 hours ago
- TALKING POINT: Porsche SA has forked out R205m for the #Kyalami racetrack: http://t.co/SFTQcAAluS What should they do with it? 4 hours ago
- RT @mbanjwax: De Lille requests the #armsdeal commission to investigate these donations before making recommendations to Zuma. 4 hours ago
- MT @mbanjwax: De Lille says : ANC, Nelson Mandela Children's Fund & Community Development Foundation each received R500 000. #armsdeal 4 hours ago
- 40 000 join Cape Town protest against Israeli attacks
- How Hlaudi Motsoeneng lied in SABC application: 4 E’s and an F in ‘matric’
- Why SA men have far less sex than the global average
- Transnet faces biggest class action in SA history over stripping of pension fund assets
- 10 steps to develop black professors
Saturday. The Croc and I are up bright and early. Impolitely so, if you ask me, but we don’t have a choice. The Commander in Chief is in town so that’s that.
Honestly, do we really need the department of public works? Has it brought us anything but embarrassment and scandal?