A five-year battle to hold back the spy tapes ran out of steam on Friday. Charl du Plessis reports.
Charl du Plessis
President Jacob Zuma’s lawyer has conceded in the Supreme Court of Appeal that the spy tapes which got Zuma off the hook on corruption charges should be made public.
Oscar Pistorius should never have been charged with murder.
Even if Judge Thokozila Masipa believes Oscar Pistorius is telling the truth, he cannot escape being convicted of murder, the state has argued.
Opposition political parties are “astounded” by Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) Chairperson Pansy Tlakula’s argument that a seemingly misleading statement she made to Parliament is not admissible as evidence in court.
After more than two years of investigating South Africa’s controversial multi-billion rand arms procurements, another two evidence leaders employed by the commission of inquiry have called it quits.
A prominent grouping of South African lawyers has supported the ANC in Parliament’s call for Israel’s ambassador to South Africa, Arthur Lenk, to be expelled.
The Supreme Court of Appeal has rejected the appeal of a man accused of calling a black woman a “kaf**r” in a dispute over parking at the University of the Free State (UFS).
A shocking new video, stills of which are pictured alongside and below, that has emerged of Oscar Pistorius moving rapidly on his stumps with an imaginary gun in front of him appears to have raised question marks about the athlete’s testimony.
Oscar Pistorius smirked when state prosecutor Gerrie Nel said the Paralympian had “calculated reasons” for wanting to take Reeva Steenkamp to an athletics competition.
Oscar Pistorius’ first defence witness after a month-long adjournment has testified about how vulnerable the athlete was without his prosthetic legs.
If you want to understand the dirty war that is being fought in the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA), head for the heart of Johannesburg’s hipster district.
City Press on Twitter
- MT @themba1249: Malena should b consulted in that deal #talkingpoint #spytapes 3 hours ago
- MT @tefo_6: Those spy types should be made public. The DA and President J Zuma cannot be trusted. #talkingpoint #spytapes 3 hours ago
- MT @Que_Banjwa: Zuma wil never hand over those spy Tapes, I voted 4 him so tht he culd do whatever he wants. #talkingpoint #spytapes 3 hours ago
- MT @GivenMahwayi: DA always dance 2 Zuma's tune, the minute thy strike a deal means its over on getting spy tapes. #talkingpoint #spytapes 3 hours ago
- MT @thabilelr: Arbitrator for what? Just hand over the damn tapes! #talkingpoint #spytapes 3 hours ago
Charity is a step back in alleviating poverty. At the recent economic summit held in the US, President Barack Obama stressed the need to increase funding to Africa.
The ANC stalwart, Pallo Jordan, did the right thing. Upon being found to have pimped his qualifications by the Sunday Times, he resigned as an MP.