The man who supposedly masterminded the plan to allow the Guptas to land a private plane at the Waterkloof air force base claimed he was “under pressure from number one”.
Charl du Plessis
Chief Justice Mogoeng Mogoeng was able to rise above public opposition to his appointment because he believed a “prophecy of God” had determined he would be chief justice.
The Law Society of SA is worried about Parliament’s “inappropriate questioning” of public protector Thuli Madonsela.
Just before tea on Thursday, Deputy Chief Justice Dikgang Moseneke cut to the heart of the now infamous Rivonia Primary School court battle.
Nazeem Joemath, president of the Judicial Officers Association of SA (Joasa), and Annalene Larsen, the organisation’s secretary, both face charges related to inciting magistrates to strike and of bringing the judiciary into disrepute.
The governing bodies of wealthy former Model C schools cannot continue to enjoy the discriminatory benefits of apartheid just because they pay the school fees.
When black students travel the 5km from Kokosi township to attend class at Hoërskool Fochville, they pass a signpost that reads: “Jy betree nou die wereld van Fochies.”
A frustrated black advocate from Cape Town is taking on South Africa’s most prestigious law firms for “deliberately excluding black African advocates” from cases.
A Johannesburg advocate has narrowly escaped landing in hot water over comments he made on Twitter.
The Constitutional Court has delivered judgment which saw the court deeply split over how a case against a provincial government department should have been decided.
Struggle stalwart and human rights lawyer George Bizos has warned that South Africa is at a crossroads when it comes to the legitimacy of its constitutional order.
A retired Justice of the Constitutional Court has said some decisions of the Judicial Service Commission (JSC) have caused “a great amount of dismay” in the legal profession.
City Press on Twitter
- @City_Press: In case you missed it. You can find government's #Guptagate probe report here: http://t.co/4wvQZfwUuq
- @City_Press: Bulls confident of keeping Chiliboy Ralepelle: http://t.co/G78llz9EtS
- @City_Press: BLOG: The most narcissistic guy on the net, radio-host-turned-chef Sanzalicious & a long walk to Cannes http://t.co/RoZsAdb4hC #poptartology
- @City_Press: #Guptagate: How Bruce Koloane name-dropped the Guptas into Waterkloof: http://t.co/2CUz9DFfgB
- @City_Press: GALLERY: The Oklahoma tornado in numbers: http://t.co/oJfWTam3Mo