Justice portfolio committee chairperson Luwellyn Landers has questioned why Public Protector Thuli Madonsela was ostensibly trying to “hide” a report from Parliament.
Charl du Plessis
Western Cape Judge President John Hlophe’s objection that no valid complaint was lodged against him was “misplaced”.
The Johannesburg Bar wants Advocate Menzi Simelane to answer to allegations that he had “spied” on former national director of public prosecutions, Vusi Pikoli.
The Judicial Service Commission (JSC) will soon have to deal with its own “spy tapes” debacle.
A furious war of words has broken out between the lawyers representing the police and the high court judge presiding over the matter of suspended crime intelligence head Richard Mdluli.
Rights group Freedom Under Law will not oppose an appeal of the court victory which reversed the decision to drop criminal and disciplinary charges against suspended crime intelligence head Richard Mdluli.
Acting police crime intelligence head Chris Ngcobo is facing criminal charges over what appear to be false declarations of his qualifications.
A furious dispute over five misplaced zebras has landed two farm owners in the Eastern Cape High Court.
Long before those who claimed to be doing President Jacob Zuma’s bidding referred to him as Number One, they simply called him “the man”.
Congress of the People (Cope) leader Mosiuoa Lekota apologised to Cope voters after the South Gauteng High Court today declared Lekota’s leadership of the party legitimate.
When Advocate Maria Jansen was nine months and six days pregnant with her first child, she was in court arguing a case.
In the closing moments of the Judicial Service Commission’s interviews on Thursday, Chief Justice Mogoeng Mogoeng – no stranger to unfriendly media attention – greeted reporters and thanked them for criticism, which he said kept him on his feet. “Keep it up,” he said.
City Press on Twitter
- GALLERY: Madiba: The days after: http://t.co/o5MXnrcBYJ #RIPNelsonMandela 3 hours ago
- RT @carienduplessis: Ndaba Mandela gets up to convey sympathy with Baby Jakes family who passed away #RIPNelsonMandela 3 hours ago
- RT @carienduplessis: Matanzima: it hasn't been easy for the past 2 days but we thank you for support, it will get better #RIPNelsonMandela 3 hours ago
- RT @carienduplessis: Matanzima: comforted from msgs received from all over world. Mandela at home with Tambo et all. #RIPNelsonMandela 3 hours ago
- RT @carienduplessis: Matanzima: special thanks to Zuma, govt, medical team, religious leaders that offered prayers, condolences #Mandela 3 hours ago