It looks like the plan by the University of Cape Town (UCT) to get black teaching staff in essence means waiting for the white ones to evolve into black ones through natural selection over thousands of years.
I think we have pretty much established that neutrality is like white people who didn’t benefit from apartheid – it doesn’t exist.
In case you’re wondering, Mr Nkandlagupta never paid back the money.
Comedian Chester Missing on the A-Z of inequality – from double-glazed glass ceilings to what is still wrong with white people.
The state of the nation is done and dusted. You always get the vibe that the official opposition has its negative responses ready before Mr Nkandlagupta even starts talking.
The EFF is threatening to go naked to Parliament if they can’t wear their overalls. So if Parliament was starting to look like a Zuma-Malema schlong-swinging contest, it is about to become one literally.
We are finally going to find out what these secret national key points are. It’s good for everyone, except video jock Sizwe Dhlomo, who thinks he is a national key point.
We have world-class bigots. We have people who are so hateful their dogs have to stop them barking at black people.
There you have it. Oscar will probably be out of jail before his next cellphone upgrade. In fact, he might already be out.
Mark Shuttleworth sued the government to pay him back the R250 million it taxed him when he emigrated.
One would think that your career would be over if you were a prophet who failed to predict the death of scores of people in a building you own.
City Press on Twitter
- Zuma cancels state visit to focus on govt response to xenophobic attacks: http://t.co/MN29viNTmE by @mbanjwax 3 hours ago
- MOST READ: King Zwelithini calls imbizo against xenophobia: http://t.co/WODmId2m8y 4 hours ago
- MOST READ: Parents planned to burn down school – Lesufi: http://t.co/UhPUNwhJE0 4 hours ago
- MOST READ: Teacher suspended after he is filmed slapping, insulting pupils: http://t.co/4w4FNz8NPe 4 hours ago
- “Words can’t describe how I feel at the moment. I never expected this,” says long jumper Ruswahl Samaai: http://t.co/tLBYyPNqVe 5 hours ago
Rhodes was a nasty piece of work. The statue should have been pulled down and given to the Apartheid Museum in about May 1994.
Cosatu spin doctor Patrick Craven will be remembered as one of the best propagandists who marshaled the federation in supporting Jacob Zuma’s march to power.
One of South Africa’s most exciting soccer stars, Jabu Mahlangu, once opened up about his alcohol addiction, saying that things got so bad, there were times he was drunk when he took to the pitch.