We have world-class bigots. We have people who are so hateful their dogs have to stop them barking at black people.
There you have it. Oscar will probably be out of jail before his next cellphone upgrade. In fact, he might already be out.
Mark Shuttleworth sued the government to pay him back the R250 million it taxed him when he emigrated.
One would think that your career would be over if you were a prophet who failed to predict the death of scores of people in a building you own.
Deputy Defence Minister Kebby Maphatsoe allegedly said Thuli Madonsela was working for the CIA to undermine the ANC, which begs the question: Why does he think the guy with 700 charges against him and a fire pool isn’t?
These days, if you aren’t obnoxiously absurd you simply won’t get any attention. How does the SABC fire actors who have passed matric but keep a chief operating officer who doesn’t? And we all saw team Juju shouting “pay back the money”.
Blackface is a huge problem in South Africa: Conrad Koch has me, Leon Schuster has Mama Jack and Lonmin has Cyril Ramaphosa.
I wish Parliament had bought the Kyalami race track when it was sold the other day.
When Steve Hofmeyr sang Die Stem in Australia, South Africans were relieved. If he’d sung one of his own classic tracks, the world would truly have judged us.
In South Africa, the fastest way to get your own TV channel is not by curing HIV/Aids or saving babies, or even being a talented talk show host, it’s by “accidentally” killing a white woman.
Yes, the man with the fire pool is back, and Cape Town was on lockdown for his address.
- Chester Missing: I was gonna bother about Oscar, but then I got high
- Chelsea derail Liverpool title bid, Manchester City pounce
- Chester Missing: Smoking gun lays bare the cultural logic of our rainbow nation
- Chester Missing: RIP Agang 2013-2014
- Chester Missing: Hola electionistas! It’s time to make and break resolutions
Why do we blow millions inaugurating the same president twice? Just use the money for a second chicken run and play the video from last time.
City Press on Twitter
- Fana Hlongwane a no-show at #armsdeal inquiry: http://t.co/MWPCLk0ikg 3 hours ago
- Bucs’ intensity has returned – Vermezović: http://t.co/sXl4JhuoGc 3 hours ago
- VIDEO: Idols SA: Vincent Bones’ plans: http://t.co/OzR3uyFIaZ 3 hours ago
- MOST READ: Thuli Madonsela fights for the authority of her office: http://t.co/bYxed9RtuJ 3 hours ago
- Duduzane Zuma ‘responsible’ for crash: http://t.co/NnX4I4sRHN 3 hours ago
Wednesday. I’m hungry. I’m thinking about Doctor Hunter S Thomson.
The recent behaviour displayed by our parliamentarians is disturbing, with the name-calling, shouting and refusal to obey the rules of the House.
There is nothing as sweet as a hard-earned victory. Ask Bafana Bafana. They should be over the moon at qualifying for next year’s Africa Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea.