On a trip to Zanzibar just off Tanzania, City Press sports reporter Daniel Mothowagae encounters an island driven by Islam. He eats, drinks and basks in the sun – and meets a local beach boy
My eight-year-old daughter Neo found My DaddySays a useful tool to improve her reading now that she’s in Grade 2.
The SA Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee (Sascoc) has set the 159 South African athletes a target of 15 gold medals at the Commonwealth Games.
SuperSport United staged two comebacks to lift the Gauteng Football Cup on penalties yesterday.
Mamelodi Sundowns coach Pitso Mosimane says he is pleased with how the defending Absa Premiership champions have gelled during their preseason training, despite the defeat to rivals SuperSport United in the Gauteng Football Cup at the Lucas Moripe Stadium in Pretoria.
South African athletes have one less thing to worry about in their preparations for the 2016 Rio Olympics – air tickets.
Three editions of the CAF African Youth Championship have passed since a South African Under-17 team last qualified for the biannual continental competition.
Some players’ and coaches’ names at the World Cup are such tongue twisters, you’d be excused for thinking they were simply made up.
From mismatched boots to ones that look like socks, the brands at this year’s World Cup are as exciting as the sport itself, writes Daniel Mothowagae.
When SA 400m champion Wayde van Niekerk took the national crown in a personal best of 44.92 in April, then one-lap record holder Hendrick Mokganyetsi went across to him and said: “This is your year, go for it.”
Barring injuries, Caster Semenya’s personal life has taken up much of her focus – as a result, her career is suffering.
Cameroon proved in their 1-0 loss to Mexico on Friday that they still have a lot to do if they are to keep the continent’s hopes alive in Brazil.
City Press on Twitter
- SA team goes to Ukraine to identify pilot killed in Malaysian crash: http://t.co/jDDNJ5Ao5t 2 hours ago
- 702’s David O’Sullivan calls it a day: http://t.co/P1rzQpFHKJ by @Thuls11 3 hours ago
- RT @CaiphusK_11: Cyril Ramaphosa: Big Business must stop investment strike and invest in this economy #PresidencyBudget 3 hours ago
- MT @CaiphusK_11: Maimane: Mr President for you to lead would be to fire Hlaudi Motsoeneng or risk losing all faith in SABC #PresidencyBudget 3 hours ago
- MT @CaiphusK_11: Mmusi Maimane: EFF storming of Gauteng legislature reminds him of AWB storming World Trade Centre in 1993 to disrupt Codesa 3 hours ago
- How Hlaudi Motsoeneng lied in SABC application: 4 E’s and an F in ‘matric’
- 40 000 join Cape Town protest against Israeli attacks
- Transnet faces biggest class action in SA history over stripping of pension fund assets
- Why SA men have far less sex than the global average
- 10 steps to develop black professors
Saturday. The Croc and I are up bright and early. Impolitely so, if you ask me, but we don’t have a choice. The Commander in Chief is in town so that’s that.
Honestly, do we really need the department of public works? Has it brought us anything but embarrassment and scandal?