Just three seasons ago, Moroka Swallows’ hard-core fans were celebrating the fact that the Birds were a football powerhouse once again.
A leaner Caster Semenya says three months at her new base at the North-West University (NWU) in Potchefstroom have made a huge difference in her revival.
Lawyers representing injured pole vaulter Jan Blignaut have sent Athletics SA (ASA) a notice of attachment for Athletics House in Houghton. The building serves as the ASA’s headquarters.
Former Athletics SA (ASA) president James Evans says the current leadership should not apportion blame for the R10 million damages the North Gauteng High Court has ordered the cash-strapped body to pay injured pole vaulter Jan Blignaut.
Black Leopards coach Zeca Marques says his team has everything to gain in their Nedbank Cup last-16 confrontation with Kaizer Chiefs at FNB Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
The spotlight will focus on Heidedal in Bloemfontein as the next hosts of the SAB League Football Festival on Saturday.
Committee upbeat about Durban’s bid to host Commonwealth event.
SA sprinter says he is excited to be returning to these shores after competing on the US college circuit.
SA Under-17 coach says his team will make history by winning African Youth Championship.
The SA national Under-17 team faces Cameroon during the African Youth Championship in Niger today in a final group match.
The harsh realities of juggling the domestic programme and Confederation of African Football (CAF) Champions League commitments will set in for Mamelodi Sundowns when they kick off their continental campaign on February 14.
City Press on Twitter
- The axe hanging over Zwelinzima #Vavi's head finally falls: http://t.co/euqIfgUL64 by @PolokoTau 10 hours ago
- TALKING POINT: Gwede Mantashe says expelling Zwelinzima Vavi would be an extremely bad decision. http://t.co/lqczVWupep Have your say. 12 hours ago
- Gwede Mantashe has urged Cosatu not to fight the ANC’s political battles: http://t.co/xLo5PwViRg by @PolokoTau #ANCBriefing 13 hours ago
- Mantashe: Cosatu leaders' quest and drive to hurt each other will destroy the federation: http://t.co/ywrrTp9USS by @PolokoTau #ANCBriefing 13 hours ago
- Two doctors who lied about medical qualifications have been dismissed by the Gauteng health department: http://t.co/7IEDThDsgD by @zinhlemap 14 hours ago
Rhodes was a nasty piece of work. The statue should have been pulled down and given to the Apartheid Museum in about May 1994.
The recent cancellation of the Cape Times subscription by Helen Zille’s provincial government tells us a lot about Zille’s character as a politician and her party.
Conspicuously absent from the heated debate about the removal of the statues honouring colonialists and apartheid’s great apostles is the country’s political leadership.