I write a lot about disruptive technologies and how they change the status quo.
There are many occasions for wry smiles in the trend-spotting world as you watch the pendulum swing back and forth.
The end of January is an unpleasant time, even for those who don’t have to count their pennies.
The release of the 2013 matric results brings welcome relief to those who have passed and gives the basic education department a chance to crow about improved results.
Dion Chang fills us in on what’s on the cards for this year.
It’s that time of the year when two distinct shopping tribes emerge: those who flock to malls and those who avoid them at all costs.
Fans of Star Wars will appreciate the reference and phrase crossing over to the dark side.
In 2008, Malcolm Gladwell published his bestselling book Outliers: The Story of Success.
What kind of adults will today’s youngsters be in 2030?
Happy Mother’s Day to all the mums out there. And to the married same-sex lesbian couples with children, happy Mother’s Day to both of you.
New trend will change perceptions about the ways in which families honour and celebrate the lives of their loved ones.
Dion Chang and Amanda Ballen round up the 10 biggest movements of next year, according to Flux Trends
City Press on Twitter
- MT @Dumza44144: thts its forward EFF forward "EFF is a ‘government-in-waiting’, Malema tells Parliament" 7 hours ago
- MT @Svidge101: EFF is a disaster in waiting "EFF is a ‘government-in-waiting’, Malema tells Parliament" 7 hours ago
- MT @theodorecrav: A nursery school has more discipline than that lot. "EFF is a ‘government-in-waiting’, Malema tells Parliament" 7 hours ago
- #Trending's motoring guru says the new Renault Duster might just be the 4x4 for you and your budget: http://t.co/i54vPoiaKK 8 hours ago
- Nigeria market bomb targeted opposition leader: http://t.co/mK3jcSD4Y8 8 hours ago
- How Hlaudi Motsoeneng lied in SABC application: 4 E’s and an F in ‘matric’
- 40 000 join Cape Town protest against Israeli attacks
- Transnet faces biggest class action in SA history over stripping of pension fund assets
- Why SA men have far less sex than the global average
- 10 steps to develop black professors
Saturday. The Croc and I are up bright and early. Impolitely so, if you ask me, but we don’t have a choice. The Commander in Chief is in town so that’s that.
Honestly, do we really need the department of public works? Has it brought us anything but embarrassment and scandal?