I have a cousin who’s a geek (and I say that in the nicest possible way).
Emoticons were used more than four billion times since last year.
When I talk to people about the latest foodie trend of adding butter to your coffee, I inevitably get that look – a blank and over-polite expression that clearly questions my sanity at the same time.
I write a lot about disruptive technologies and how they change the status quo.
There are many occasions for wry smiles in the trend-spotting world as you watch the pendulum swing back and forth.
The end of January is an unpleasant time, even for those who don’t have to count their pennies.
The release of the 2013 matric results brings welcome relief to those who have passed and gives the basic education department a chance to crow about improved results.
Dion Chang fills us in on what’s on the cards for this year.
It’s that time of the year when two distinct shopping tribes emerge: those who flock to malls and those who avoid them at all costs.
Fans of Star Wars will appreciate the reference and phrase crossing over to the dark side.
In 2008, Malcolm Gladwell published his bestselling book Outliers: The Story of Success.
What kind of adults will today’s youngsters be in 2030?
City Press on Twitter
- Bonang Matheba talks about what love means to her: http://t.co/eZO0McwI14 2 hours ago
- “Let’s not say: ‘You’re out of order, you can’t ask that’ – Thabo Mbeki weighs in on #Sona2015: http://t.co/zFTRTwaL9i 3 hours ago
- EFF deliberately disrupted #Sona2015 for political reasons – Zuma: http://t.co/pRUj5njeab 3 hours ago
- Usain Bolt says he will retire after 2017 World Championships in London: http://t.co/DJtyw6obIH 4 hours ago
- Zuma didn’t know about signal jamming – presidency: http://t.co/vXDBsJmyUT #SONA2015 4 hours ago
Wednesday. My second day back at work after a month of what one of my bosses describes as: “Sitting on the beach, smoking zol and doing fokol.” The man’s not entirely incorrect in his analysis. It is what it is.
The Curro school saga makes me happy. In this 21st year of our democracy, as we move into adulthood as a nation, even the private schools are beginning to reflect South African demographics, with white children in the minority.
What a beautiful summer we are having. My family and I enjoy the long days and long nights. I hope you and yours do too.