New parents are understandably obsessed with their new arrivals.
I like the pendulum swing of life, especially when the pendulum reaches its zenith and then swings back.
Isaac Newton’s third law of motion states that “for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction”.
I don’t believe in daily horoscopes, but I do take note of Chinese lunar cycles. It’s not because I’m culturally wedded to Eastern astrology, but because the mood of each year – designated by a different animal in a 12-year cycle – has been unnervingly prophetic.
This week I read about a new matriculant from Kimberley who trekked all the way from Northern Cape to Gauteng to join the long registration queues at the Tshwane University of Technology to enrol in “whatever course is available at the institution”.
Dion Chang is over the mania that goes with the last evening of the year.
City Press on Twitter
- @City_Press: Mbuli ‘a true South African’: http://t.co/UNgqJ83LHj
- @City_Press: Lower half of body found in Pretoria: http://t.co/QS83pIPJ8B
- @City_Press: INTERACTIVE TIMELINE: Protests: Police have their hands full: http://t.co/WJvyXPXfB8
- @City_Press: NPA seeks to appeal J Arthur Brown sentence: http://t.co/34PyJR9eYq
- @City_Press: Lonmin: No agreement could bring ‘devastating consequences’: http://t.co/gwdSuaIwgB
- Cpt: 12 - 20°C
- Pta: 8 - 23°C
- Jhb: 10 - 19°C
- Bloem: 8 - 23°C
- Dbn: 16 - 26°C
- PE: 14 - 24°C