No society will ever be at peace with itself if it does not come to terms with the cultural tenets that define it. This applies especially to heterogeneous settings like South Africa.
Dr Lebogang Lance Nawa
City Press on Twitter
- EFF ‘assault rumours’ dismissed on eve of Malema’s trial: http://t.co/gSA32IXfPx by @PolokoTau 12 hours ago
- MT @kafflut: Tjo! They must be really, really bad. Or maybe the list is in order of worst to best? #talkingpoint 15 hours ago
- MT @Tshepo_McKenzie: That's a myth. With the corruption we see everyday. I tend to swear that Corruption and Crime are a Culture in SA. 15 hours ago
- MT @mrlecoge: 4th?? It's still not good enough we should be number 1 and we shouldn't be happy coz things are bad in those african countries 15 hours ago
- MT @teddym909: RSA - a giant midget among other midgets. What a ranking! #talkingpoint 15 hours ago
Milisuthando Bongela considers the times her and her family’s present has collided with what came before, and our continuous connections with the past.
When South Africans wanted details of President Jacob Zuma’s mysterious “rest and relaxation” visit to Russia last month, the response from the highest office was dismissive.