No society will ever be at peace with itself if it does not come to terms with the cultural tenets that define it. This applies especially to heterogeneous settings like South Africa.
Dr Lebogang Lance Nawa
City Press on Twitter
- TALKING POINT: School governing bodies are calling for lower municipal tariffs for public schools. http://t.co/sfjmtV4adR Have your say. 3 hours ago
- POLL: 53% say Steve Hofmeyr's ego is the least of the courts' worries while 3% say he's right about censorship. Vote: http://t.co/lws0eCTHds 3 hours ago
- Peters tackles heavy trucks in rush-hour traffic: http://t.co/TY0e5PmXY4 3 hours ago
- ‘Schools need lower municipal tariffs’: http://t.co/EFknwNMcZb by @vercingetorics 4 hours ago
- Petrol price to drop 69 cents: http://t.co/BHkL9mxUNU 4 hours ago
Wednesday. I’m hungry. I’m thinking about Doctor Hunter S Thomson.
The recent behaviour displayed by our parliamentarians is disturbing, with the name-calling, shouting and refusal to obey the rules of the House.
There is nothing as sweet as a hard-earned victory. Ask Bafana Bafana. They should be over the moon at qualifying for next year’s Africa Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea.