The police, the courts, the intelligence services and now the revenue service are institutions under threat by criminal elements.
Tired of a god (Nelson Mandela) and a philosopher (Thabo Mbeki), the governing ANC chose in Jacob Zuma an everyman as its president.
The black is gone.
She may have been the first lady of two countries, but she does not want to be the first citizen of any.
Compatriots, truth be told, ours is a tough country to govern. It’s diverse, opinionated and tjatjarag. We are beautiful but troubled. Our economy is stagnant and possibly about to enter a recession, which is defined as two successive quarters of negative growth.
Blaming the water problem on affirmative action implies blacks are institutionally inferior, writes Ferial Haffajee
Tomorrow’s riches lie beneath the ground, but they are not in the mines, writes Ferial Haffajee
ANC voters are not clowns.
As President Jacob Zuma was inaugurated yesterday, Ferial Haffajee tells us who she thinks the real Number 1 is
My president has got me in a terrible catch-22. Nkandla troubles me. Not President Jacob Zuma’s home, as such – it’s his hearth, not mine. What troubles me is what the R246 million splurge has come to symbolise.
Get this: a Parliament with a platoon of Economic Freedom Fighters and a substantially boosted blue-nami of DA members. Add to this mix a range of smaller parties. The outcome?
At the tail end of a tough campaign, I meet DA leader Helen Zille at the Holiday Inn in Rosebank, northern Joburg.
City Press on Twitter
- ANC and EFF play blame game over ‘hooligans’ in Parliament: http://t.co/J91gWbraKN 12 hours ago
- MT @oosthuizenoosi1: Unfair to the children, but also right to stand up for your rights. #talkingpoint #kuruman 12 hours ago
- MT @Todzis: Insanity is not knowing what you doing is idiotic...send psychiatrist to Kuruman. #talkingpoint #kuruman 12 hours ago
- MT @elvisbolokang: Pupils can't travel long distances with unroadworthy buses, I know conditions they are faced with #talkingpoint #kuruman 14 hours ago
- MT @MrCow_man: Parents should stop using children to fight their battles with government. Tar road is not education. #talkingpoint #kuruman 14 hours ago
If I was the colour red, I’d sue Valentine’s Day for defamation. There’s so much more to red than roses and silly balloons.
The actors and actresses of Generations, who are currently on strike, had their contracts terminated by the SABC. The big question is: how much does the show make?
There are many questions that arose after the chaotic scenes seen in Parliament this week.