Tired of a god (Nelson Mandela) and a philosopher (Thabo Mbeki), the governing ANC chose in Jacob Zuma an everyman as its president.
The black is gone.
She may have been the first lady of two countries, but she does not want to be the first citizen of any.
Compatriots, truth be told, ours is a tough country to govern. It’s diverse, opinionated and tjatjarag. We are beautiful but troubled. Our economy is stagnant and possibly about to enter a recession, which is defined as two successive quarters of negative growth.
Blaming the water problem on affirmative action implies blacks are institutionally inferior, writes Ferial Haffajee
Tomorrow’s riches lie beneath the ground, but they are not in the mines, writes Ferial Haffajee
ANC voters are not clowns.
As President Jacob Zuma was inaugurated yesterday, Ferial Haffajee tells us who she thinks the real Number 1 is
My president has got me in a terrible catch-22. Nkandla troubles me. Not President Jacob Zuma’s home, as such – it’s his hearth, not mine. What troubles me is what the R246 million splurge has come to symbolise.
Get this: a Parliament with a platoon of Economic Freedom Fighters and a substantially boosted blue-nami of DA members. Add to this mix a range of smaller parties. The outcome?
At the tail end of a tough campaign, I meet DA leader Helen Zille at the Holiday Inn in Rosebank, northern Joburg.
With elections just two days away, the ANC’s deputy secretary-general Jessie Duarte is flu-riddled, but remarkably calm as she meets Ferial Haffajee
City Press on Twitter
- POLL: 10% say It should be compulsory for doctors to do military service for a year. What do you say? Vote: http://t.co/Xx8pgPDVfQ 2 hours ago
- Show some respect – Jacob Zuma: http://t.co/3OqMIRpQMj by @CaiphusK_11 3 hours ago
- Teen mom guilty of attempted murder after toddler nearly hit by truck: http://t.co/j0uEWrPMS7 3 hours ago
- Patricia de Lille questions Thabo Mbeki’s #armsdeal denial: http://t.co/9WGR4Pns0M by @mbanjwax 3 hours ago
- Gauteng increases revenue to more than R4bn: http://t.co/UwfHA3RW52 3 hours ago
- 40 000 join Cape Town protest against Israeli attacks
- How Hlaudi Motsoeneng lied in SABC application: 4 E’s and an F in ‘matric’
- Why SA men have far less sex than the global average
- Transnet faces biggest class action in SA history over stripping of pension fund assets
- 10 steps to develop black professors
Saturday. The Croc and I are up bright and early. Impolitely so, if you ask me, but we don’t have a choice. The Commander in Chief is in town so that’s that.
Honestly, do we really need the department of public works? Has it brought us anything but embarrassment and scandal?