Western Cape premier and DA leader Helen Zille for the first time since October 2011 accepted a memorandum in person from the ANC at the Western Cape Legislature on Wednesday (February 5 2014).
December tragedy was a wake-up call for the country’s burgeoning middle class, writes Lakshmi Chaudry
City Press on Twitter
- Tomorrow's front page: http://t.co/S1bTmvwg8b 3 hours ago
- Tomorrow's Sport front page: http://t.co/tIIQi25oww 3 hours ago
- Tomorrow's Business front page: http://t.co/pAlERFu3k1 4 hours ago
- Tomorrow's Business front page: http://t.co/v42QcR3G5N 5 hours ago
- Tomorrow's Voices front page: http://t.co/srnCjU1nDW 5 hours ago
Thursday morning. The last day of Mampara Week. Where I come from, that’s the week before payday.
It should be increasingly difficult for South Africa’s top executives to justify their enormous pay packages, given the furore over excessive pay, the country’s high level of unemployment, and the huge disparity between the highest- and lowest-paid employees at companies.