Western Cape premier and DA leader Helen Zille for the first time since October 2011 accepted a memorandum in person from the ANC at the Western Cape Legislature on Wednesday (February 5 2014).
December tragedy was a wake-up call for the country’s burgeoning middle class, writes Lakshmi Chaudry
City Press on Twitter
- MT @neoraselabe: Our African leaders are concerned with filling their pockets with money and power. #talkingpoint 3 hours ago
- Champions League round-up: Real outclass Liverpool, Arsenal pull off late comeback: http://t.co/h35kk8ZnNT 3 hours ago
- RT @IamMfanelo: No its a "Pause". "@City_Press: Chiefs’ winning run comes to an end: http://t.co/3lbvqo3GSU" 4 hours ago
- RT @Bonga_Hugo: "@City_Press: Chiefs’ winning run comes to an end: http://t.co/3lbvqo3GSU" unbeaten run continues! 4 hours ago
- Chiefs’ winning run comes to an end: http://t.co/3lbvqo3GSU 4 hours ago
Milisuthando Bongela asks where the underprivileged black woman is in the midst of all this trendy feminism.
It should be increasingly difficult for South Africa’s top executives to justify their enormous pay packages, given the furore over excessive pay, the country’s high level of unemployment, and the huge disparity between the highest- and lowest-paid employees at companies.