Western Cape premier and DA leader Helen Zille for the first time since October 2011 accepted a memorandum in person from the ANC at the Western Cape Legislature on Wednesday (February 5 2014).
December tragedy was a wake-up call for the country’s burgeoning middle class, writes Lakshmi Chaudry
City Press on Twitter
- Ipid head Robert McBride has been suspended: http://t.co/zo8SDWDXYX by @Abrammashego 3 hours ago
- GALLERY: TAC takes on Parliament to mark World TB Day: http://t.co/F2gK1ZVu3t 3 hours ago
- Mtimde's name withdrawn from SABC board shortlist after he failed to submit proof of qualifications: http://t.co/a04YQKSX1D by @andiMakinana 4 hours ago
- BREAKING: @Abrammashego: #ipid: two senior sources allege that #Ipid head Robert McBride has been suspended. More details to follow. 4 hours ago
- Phosa: Venter pays the price for lying and stealing: http://t.co/YqGMl6gKtw by @S_samaYende 5 hours ago
Rhodes was a nasty piece of work. The statue should have been pulled down and given to the Apartheid Museum in about May 1994.
Hendrik Verwoerd and the Broederbond must be happy that Africans have accepted the term ‘blacks’.
The problems at Eskom came to a head late this week when Standard & Poor’s relegated it to junk status. The ratings agency said it had less confidence in Eskom because of the suspension last week of four of its senior executives.