Western Cape premier and DA leader Helen Zille for the first time since October 2011 accepted a memorandum in person from the ANC at the Western Cape Legislature on Wednesday (February 5 2014).
December tragedy was a wake-up call for the country’s burgeoning middle class, writes Lakshmi Chaudry
City Press on Twitter
- .@vngalwana explains why affirmative action is here to stay: http://t.co/FpcxkJjBZL 3 hours ago
- It’s just politics: Numsa deputy secretary Karl Cloete on the 'myths and facts' of the Cosatu-Numsa storm: http://t.co/om8S6frHym 12 hours ago
- Steve Barker swaps AmaTuks for AmaZulu: http://t.co/HW6E4ajJTH 13 hours ago
- Vincent Bones crowned #IdolsSA winner: http://t.co/QLDwqvx4Rd 13 hours ago
- Post Office: New boss, new hope: http://t.co/bcVR7BRZvq 14 hours ago
Wednesday. I’m hungry. I’m thinking about Doctor Hunter S Thomson.
The recent behaviour displayed by our parliamentarians is disturbing, with the name-calling, shouting and refusal to obey the rules of the House.
There is nothing as sweet as a hard-earned victory. Ask Bafana Bafana. They should be over the moon at qualifying for next year’s Africa Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea.