North West Health MEC Dr Magome Masike has been ordered by the North West High Court to pay more than R50 million including interest to MR Property Developers over a bungled R134 million tender.
Residents of Zamdela, Sasolburg, have threatened to start a Marikana-like revolt if Metsimaholo Mayor Brutus Mahlaku does not resign in seven days.
Defence Minister Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula has conceded that the SA National Defence Force’s (SANDF) military intelligence failed to detect the attack in Bangui, Central African Republic (CAR), which left 13 soldiers dead and 27 injured.
South Africa’s public servants are going back to school – and their teachers will include the country’s former spy boss and a raft of top academics.
President Jacob Zuma’s nephew, Khulubuse Zuma, former president Nelson Mandela’s grandson Zondwa Mandela and other Aurora directors are facing criminal charges, according to an interim report of the liquidators.
Thousands of police officers have been criminally convicted but not dismissed from the SA Police Service, Parliament’s portfolio committee on police has heard.
President Jacob Zuma has told Parliament he was never informed about the costs of renovations to his Nkandla homestead.
Parliament’s portfolio committee on communications has recommended that the SABC board be dissolved following its spectacular implosion in the past two weeks.
There are now only two SABC board members remaining following the resignation of academic Pippa Green.
Parliament’s portfolio committee on communications will decide the fate of the three remaining non-executive board members today at a meeting to be attended by Communications Minister Dina Pule.
Feel like hosting a music festival, organising a beauty pageant or using public money to buy booze? Forget about it – if you’re working in a municipality, that is.
Members of Parliament want Mineral Resources Minister Susan Shabangu to set up a new entity to monitor progress on the implementation of the Mining Charter.
City Press on Twitter
- @City_Press: Gupta plane had official business – Indian High Commission: http://t.co/9d5eg9p24o #Guptagate
- @City_Press: Book review – Hallucinations: How do you know your life is real?: http://t.co/R2GSgXj4NZ
- @City_Press: Winnie Madikizela-Mandela keeps her tea set – for now: http://t.co/Xx7X0z50OX #Winnieauction
- @City_Press: SA must resolve labour unrest or face job losses – Gordhan: http://t.co/1DxGGxmiZ8
- @City_Press: IAAF wants explanation on Athletics SA board suspension: http://t.co/LNZSLMNy07