North West Health MEC Dr Magome Masike has been ordered by the North West High Court to pay more than R50 million including interest to MR Property Developers over a bungled R134 million tender.
Residents of Zamdela, Sasolburg, have threatened to start a Marikana-like revolt if Metsimaholo Mayor Brutus Mahlaku does not resign in seven days.
Defence Minister Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula has conceded that the SA National Defence Force’s (SANDF) military intelligence failed to detect the attack in Bangui, Central African Republic (CAR), which left 13 soldiers dead and 27 injured.
South Africa’s public servants are going back to school – and their teachers will include the country’s former spy boss and a raft of top academics.
President Jacob Zuma’s nephew, Khulubuse Zuma, former president Nelson Mandela’s grandson Zondwa Mandela and other Aurora directors are facing criminal charges, according to an interim report of the liquidators.
Thousands of police officers have been criminally convicted but not dismissed from the SA Police Service, Parliament’s portfolio committee on police has heard.
President Jacob Zuma has told Parliament he was never informed about the costs of renovations to his Nkandla homestead.
Parliament’s portfolio committee on communications has recommended that the SABC board be dissolved following its spectacular implosion in the past two weeks.
There are now only two SABC board members remaining following the resignation of academic Pippa Green.
Parliament’s portfolio committee on communications will decide the fate of the three remaining non-executive board members today at a meeting to be attended by Communications Minister Dina Pule.
Feel like hosting a music festival, organising a beauty pageant or using public money to buy booze? Forget about it – if you’re working in a municipality, that is.
Members of Parliament want Mineral Resources Minister Susan Shabangu to set up a new entity to monitor progress on the implementation of the Mining Charter.
City Press on Twitter
- MT @lubabalongcukan: Heavy police presence at Mthatha Airport ahead of the arrival of #Mandela family and dignitaries from today. 3 hours ago
- For more information about park and rides and other details, Tshwane has set up a cell centre: 012 473 0114 or 012 473 0389 #Mandela 3 hours ago
- Park and rides from Tshwane Events Centre, LC De Villiers Sports Facility in Hatfield, Fountains Valley Park to Union Buildings. #Mandela 3 hours ago
- RT @zinhlemap: People will not be allowed to view #Mandela's body more than once 3 hours ago
- RT @vercingetorics: People singing for their president outside the Union Buildings. #Mandela http://t.co/P17n0dkkwR 3 hours ago