North West Health MEC Dr Magome Masike has been ordered by the North West High Court to pay more than R50 million including interest to MR Property Developers over a bungled R134 million tender.
Residents of Zamdela, Sasolburg, have threatened to start a Marikana-like revolt if Metsimaholo Mayor Brutus Mahlaku does not resign in seven days.
Defence Minister Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula has conceded that the SA National Defence Force’s (SANDF) military intelligence failed to detect the attack in Bangui, Central African Republic (CAR), which left 13 soldiers dead and 27 injured.
South Africa’s public servants are going back to school – and their teachers will include the country’s former spy boss and a raft of top academics.
President Jacob Zuma’s nephew, Khulubuse Zuma, former president Nelson Mandela’s grandson Zondwa Mandela and other Aurora directors are facing criminal charges, according to an interim report of the liquidators.
Thousands of police officers have been criminally convicted but not dismissed from the SA Police Service, Parliament’s portfolio committee on police has heard.
President Jacob Zuma has told Parliament he was never informed about the costs of renovations to his Nkandla homestead.
Parliament’s portfolio committee on communications has recommended that the SABC board be dissolved following its spectacular implosion in the past two weeks.
There are now only two SABC board members remaining following the resignation of academic Pippa Green.
Parliament’s portfolio committee on communications will decide the fate of the three remaining non-executive board members today at a meeting to be attended by Communications Minister Dina Pule.
Feel like hosting a music festival, organising a beauty pageant or using public money to buy booze? Forget about it – if you’re working in a municipality, that is.
Members of Parliament want Mineral Resources Minister Susan Shabangu to set up a new entity to monitor progress on the implementation of the Mining Charter.
City Press on Twitter
- We deserve the president we have because we made this mess by doing nothing, writes Vuyani Ngalwana: http://t.co/F2QTDcwPhZ 4 hours ago
- MT @THEREALLUCKY5: Public Protector found Zuma guilty of corruption. When will he resign just like Tlakula? He's not special. #talkingpoint 15 hours ago
- MT @madala101: She knew from the very beginning that she was fighting a losing battle, public protector has enough evidence. #talkingpoint 15 hours ago
- MT @Peabss: 1.) Don't waste courts' time when u'll obviously lose. 2). Public Protector's decision is final [Zuma take note] #talkingpoint 15 hours ago
- MT @madala101: She shouldn't have wasted her time, she should have tendered her resignation letter immediately. #talkingpoint 15 hours ago
If I was the colour red, I’d sue Valentine’s Day for defamation. There’s so much more to red than roses and silly balloons.
Readers react to the EFF’s parliamentary behaviour with more favour than scorn.
Rock out to music with local and international musicians