The proposed N2 Wild Coast highway between East London and Durban has split the amaMpondo nation right down the middle, with opposing factions calling each other names and threatening retribution.
The high cost of funerals in black communities is putting families under unnecessary pressure and needs to end, an Eastern Cape bishop has said.
Public Protector Advocate Thuli Madonsela told thousands of new graduates at the University of Fort Hare that they had a role to play – by keeping the state accountable.
Families of miners killed during the Marikana massacre in August last year have told Social Development Minister Bathabile Dlamini they were barely coping – eight months after their loved ones had died.
Social Development Minister Bathabile Dlamini has lambasted South African Democratic Teacher’s Union (Sadtu) members for disrespecting Basic Education Minister Angie Motshekga.
Acrimonious feud is splitting the slain SA Communist Party leader’s family down the middle
At Nyangilizwe Senior Secondary in Libode, pupils take turns standing guard for friends outside broken toilets with no doors.
Nothing has changed at Flagstaff’s Meyisi Senior Secondary School.
President Jacob Zuma delivered a moving tribute to slain SACP leader Chris Hani during a memorial lecturer in Queenstown in the Eastern Cape this afternoon.
The Anglican archbishop of Cape Town, Thabo Makgoba, said he was “devastated” by the conditions in an Eastern Cape school where 110 Grade 9 pupils share a classroom.
Newly appointed Constitutional Court Justice Mbuyiseli Madlanga has warned that groups who are not represented on the Bench may be “at the receiving end of injustice”.
An Eastern Cape mother who has been reunited with her two-year-old daughter after she was taken from her by Woman, Children and Disability Minister Lulu Xingwana and her nephew in February, is planning a big party to celebrate her child’s return.
City Press on Twitter
- @City_Press: Proposed N2 Wild Coast highway between East London and Durban has split the amaMpondo nation right down the middle: http://t.co/vDE9BZ7ELx
- @City_Press: There was drama in court when Desmond Tutu’s son, Trevor, appeared on charges of failing to pay child maintenance: http://t.co/PnEQAVEtwj
- @City_Press: FRONT PAGE: How Ramphele dumped Zille. Details of the #DA merger that never was: http://t.co/R8tUx32a7h
- @City_Press: Swallows miss out on top eight: http://t.co/Fg0kZqVKqT
- @City_Press: RT @adriaanbasson: In @City_Press tomorrow: What Madiba told Ayob in 2004 - a central piece of evidence in the ongoing money feud