The OR Tambo and King Sabata Dalindyebo municipalities are pulling out all the stops to ensure that Nelson Mandela’s funeral goes smoothly – but the weather seems to have other plans.
A huge arena has been set up at the homestead of former South African president Nelson Mandela in Qunu ahead of his funeral on Sunday.
Nelson Mandela was a difficult man to protect, says one of the first bodyguards the former president had after his release from prison.
The best thing we can do for former president Nelson Mandela is a decent funeral, ANC secretary-general Gwede Mantashe has said, adding that Mandela had known “the day you die is better than the day you were born”.
The chairperson of the Nelson Mandela Museum, Nokuzola Yokwana, has paid a moving tribute to Nelson Mandela.
AbaThembu king Buyelekhaya Dalindyebo has called for a special prayer meeting at the house of the late former South African president Nelson Mandela’s home on Monday.
Former president Nelson Mandela “would call young and old to his home and spend time with his people”.
Xolile Madolo and his wife, Phumza, rose from their beds as soon as they heard the news of the death of former president Nelson Mandela.
Mandla Mandela, former president Nelson Mandela’s grandson, will not appear in court tomorrow amid rumours of his ailing grandfather’s deteriorating state of health.
The festive season has got off to a bad start for Mandla Mandela.
No one wanted to buy Mandla Mandela’s cattle, which were supposed to go under the hummer today.
Mandla Mandela, the chief of Mvezo and former president Nelson Mandela’s grandson, made a rare appearance in the Mthatha High Court today for the case in which his estranged wife is attempting to have his third marriage annulled.
City Press on Twitter
- EXCLUSIVE: ZCC man jumps security wall to warn Malema’s gran of ‘assassination plan’: http://t.co/E6EQdLFHyM by Ngwako Malatji 3 hours ago
- MT @paddyharper1: Moses Mabhida is filling up at last. Speakers won't keep it short. Even after a 3 hour delay #Mandela 3 hours ago
- Close to 12 000 soldiers for #Mandela events: http://t.co/5L1KFNt6bw 3 hours ago
- RT @athi_saba: Sigcawu: The AbaThembu and Xhosa king will continue to interact as they have been #Mandela 3 hours ago
- RT @athi_saba: Sigcawu: We want to see him buried in the Thembu culture. No one should interfere in that custom #Mandela 3 hours ago