High-ranking officials at the Buffalo City Metro have a case to answer in connection with funds allocated for former president Nelson Mandela’s memorial events despite being prominent people, says a magistrate.
Portia “Pankie” Sizani, has been warned by the Port Elizabeth Commercial Crimes Court that if she does not show up for her trial, she will face arrest.
A state witness has told the Port Elizabeth Commercial Crimes Court that Portia Sizani had arranged for money to be deposited in her account while she waited to be employed as a teacher.
The defence in the Portia “Pankie” Sizani trial in Port Elizabeth has for the first time indicated what their version would be in the fraud and money laundering trial.
Portia “Pankie” Sizani’s trial is finally under way in Port Elizabeth’s Commercial Crimes Court – but details of the illness that delayed the trial for a year remain a mystery.
More primary school principals testified at the Port Elizabeth Commercial Crimes Court about how ANC chief whip Stone Sizani’s wife, Portia, used their schools to defraud the department of education of R1.2 million.
ANC chief whip Stone Sizani’s wife Portia “Pankie” Sizani has appeared in court on fraud and money laundering charges.
When Buyisile Mkavu opposed a housing development in KwaLanga, Uitenhage, last year because he thought there were problems with a tender, he upset a lot of people.
AbaThembu King Buyelekhaya Dalindyebo has thrown his weight behind former president Nelson Mandela’s ex-wife Winnie Madikizela-Mandela’s claim to the Qunu family home.
AbaThembu king Buyelekhaya Dalindyebo has slammed President Jacob Zuma and the ANC during a meeting of the Thembu nation to discuss his possible removal by the president.
The AbaThembu nation will meet today to discuss the fate of its king, Buyelekhaya Dalindyebo.
AbaThembu chiefs who wrote to President Jacob Zuma to have King Buyelekhaya Dalindyebo removed have come out guns blazing, calling the controversial monarch an “evil king”.
City Press on Twitter
- MT @WillieSteyn3: #StatsSA Wishful thinking, lies and deceit from the one and only ANC! #talkingpoint 3 hours ago
- MT @mbanjwax: It's now Q&A time after marathon presentation by Lehohla. We'll file 10 things worth knowing about the latest #StatsSA survey 3 hours ago
- MOST READ: Broadband is key in fight against poverty – Siyabonga Cwele: http://t.co/KEPo70tDHQ 3 hours ago
- MOST READ: Mandela memorial R5.9m fraud trial: Court lays down law: http://t.co/cDLNYPng5W 3 hours ago
- MT @mbanjwax: Lehohla: Info is important for municipalities when looking at how they fared in using public money in latest AG audit.#StatsSA 3 hours ago
If I was the colour red, I’d sue Valentine’s Day for defamation. There’s so much more to red than roses and silly balloons.
Readers react to the EFF’s parliamentary behaviour with more favour than scorn.
Rock out to music with local and international musicians