Chief Mandla Mandela has been accused of masterminding a bid to dethrone AbaThembu King Buyelekhaya Dalindyebo.
The royal family of AbaThembu and the entire AbaThembu nation will hold emergency meetings today and Tuesday respectively to discuss a letter from President Jacob Zuma regarding the dethroning of controversial king Buyelekhaya Dalindyebo.
- Why king Dalindyebo gave 3 political parties land
- Helen Zille ‘won’t build Nkandla’ on land Dalindyebo gave party
- Royal family split over Dalindyebo’s ‘great wife’ search
- King Dalindyebo misleading the public – AbaThembu royal family
- King Dalindyebo receives Mandela’s body despite threat to snub funeral
AmaXhosa king Mpendulo Sigcawu is gravely ill in an East London public hospital and attempts are being made to quickly transfer him to Pretoria’s 1 Military Hospital.
President Jacob Zuma has urged South Africans to emulate the late former president Nelson Mandela through selfless leadership.
The DA leader in the Eastern Cape, Athol Trollip, has vowed to take the matter of Premier Phumulo Masualle’s alleged involvement in a scandal connected with Nelson Mandela’s funeral to the Public Protector and the Auditor-General.
A retired nurse turned developer has set her sights on transforming the area around Mthatha’s airport into a swanky multiuse precinct complete with hotels, houses and shops.
He was a better farmer than embattled speaker Thandi Modise, Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) leader Julius Malema has said, adding that farming was “very simple”.
One of the most influential ANC structures in the Eastern Cape has been disbanded by the province’s leadership.
President Jacob Zuma today told Chinese automotive investors that the ongoing National Union of Metalworkers of SA (Numsa) strike wasn’t cause for alarm.
A former member of the Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) says the party’s creditors are after him, and now he fears for his life.
The time has come for those who are adamant that the Xhosa traditional circumcision rite be practised as it has been traditionally done, to rethink their stance, Eastern Cape Local Government and Traditional Affairs MEC Fikile Xasa says.
South African drug mule Nolubabalo Nobanda, who is serving a 15-year-jail sentence in a foreign prison, is desperate to be extradited to her home country.
City Press on Twitter
- Metal sector wage deal ‘a product of sweat and bitter struggles’: http://t.co/vSVhzWmN2P 4 hours ago
- Happy Feet: Snoop Dogg is now making socks: http://t.co/nUHZIr4ch4 6 hours ago
- MT @cousinNorman: No. And they won't have the money either. "Will government have enough time to process all the #land claims?" 6 hours ago
- MT @RyanPaulJames89: Can they show us the success stories from the first phase? "Will govt have enough time to process all #land claims?" 6 hours ago
- MT @mariahorton14: Like with all other issues, maybe appoint&pay consultants!?? "Will govt have enough time to process all #land claims?" 6 hours ago
In the wake of Mandela Day, Milisithando Bongela questions what the pervasive image of Madiba and the narrative of ‘reconciliation’ really means.
Readers react cynically to the news that Public Works Minister Thulas Nxesi is cracking the whip over Nkandla spending
The era of having your cake and eating it seems to be coming to an end for government officials suspended on full pay. That’s if Public Service and Administration Minister Collins Chabane gets his way.