Winnie Madikizela-Mandela claims that her late former husband, Nelson Mandela, acted “irregularly and unlawfully” – and may even have committed fraud – when he registered a plot of land in Qunu in his own name.
It’s 8pm and the Solontsi family misses Generations.
Mandla Mandela, who faces assault and gun-pointing charges, today referred to his late grandfather in his bid to clear his name.
Mlamli Ngudle, the teacher who claims Mandla Mandela assaulted him after a road rage incident, allegedly tried to extort millions from the accused.
A state witness has testified about how he saw Mandla Mandela taking his firearm from his car before pointing it at his victim in an apparent road rage incident.
Winnie Madikizela-Mandela’s lawyer has indicated that the struggle veteran and ANC MP was mounting a serious legal battle over the assets of her ex-husband and late former president Nelson Mandela.
Nelson Mandela’s ex-wife, Winnie Madikizela-Mandela, has challenged the late icon’s estate and has claimed ownership of the Mandela family home in Qunu, Eastern Cape.
President Jacob Zuma is confident that, through the extended public works programme, the government will create 6 million jobs in the next five years.
The Eastern Cape’s matrics will get at least a 70% pass mark in 2014.
Nothing has changed since 1994, the people say. In fact, the situation is much, much worse.
Lawyers representing President Jacob Zuma were at pains trying to distance the president from moves to dethrone abaThembu king Buyelekhaya Dalindyebo.
President Jacob Zuma is a liar and a hypocrite who is always intent on running away from the law and accountability, says AbaThembu king Buyelekhaya Dalindyebo.
City Press on Twitter
- Get your house in order, ANC tells Cosatu: http://t.co/xA56C8ZHQD 2 hours ago
- Jackson Mthembu still in ICU but looking strong – ANC: http://t.co/se244BWBkt 3 hours ago
- ‘Govt not moving towards privatisation’: http://t.co/eArzdcvE82 #MidTermBudget 3 hours ago
- MT @MoLesetja: Problem is they just talk, they can't walk. Kill corruption and implement. Enough of promises #MidTermBudget #talkingpoint 3 hours ago
- MT @Soso_Dlakavu: It was good but lacked elements of growth, certainty & measurable methods to avoid recession. #talkingpoint #MidTermBudget 3 hours ago
Could you please calm down and crawl back into the beds and couches from whence you came? Yes, I’m talking to you.
It should be increasingly difficult for South Africa’s top executives to justify their enormous pay packages, given the furore over excessive pay, the country’s high level of unemployment, and the huge disparity between the highest- and lowest-paid employees at companies.