A lot has been written by Independent Newspapers journalists of a few remarks that President Jacob Zuma made in Impendle, KwaZulu-Natal Midlands, about promoting ubuntu and maintaining respect and high regard for other human beings and African culture.
City Press on Twitter
- BREAKING: @Abrammashego: #ipid: two senior sources allege that #Ipid head Robert McBride has been suspended. More details to follow. 3 hours ago
- Phosa: Venter pays the price for lying and stealing: http://t.co/YqGMl6gKtw by @S_samaYende 3 hours ago
- Twitter drama of #CricketWorldCup: http://t.co/f5DEFIdzfi #NZvSA 3 hours ago
- Gallery: #Proteas fumble in semifinal: http://t.co/NPgFlWShtw #NZvSA 4 hours ago
- SABC is usurping Parliament and the president’s powers, writes @JustineLimLaw: http://t.co/CIbYSMTHvi 4 hours ago
Rhodes was a nasty piece of work. The statue should have been pulled down and given to the Apartheid Museum in about May 1994.
Hendrik Verwoerd and the Broederbond must be happy that Africans have accepted the term ‘blacks’.
The problems at Eskom came to a head late this week when Standard & Poor’s relegated it to junk status. The ratings agency said it had less confidence in Eskom because of the suspension last week of four of its senior executives.