A lot has been written by Independent Newspapers journalists of a few remarks that President Jacob Zuma made in Impendle, KwaZulu-Natal Midlands, about promoting ubuntu and maintaining respect and high regard for other human beings and African culture.
City Press on Twitter
- Commonwealth Games: More medals beckon for Team SA if … http://t.co/3o8xfJrhaN by @DanieMothowagae 2 hours ago
- Protesters block construction of Western Cape school: http://t.co/MnhHNSGdEy 3 hours ago
- NFP leader’s home burgled: http://t.co/HLe01ZATXA 4 hours ago
- City Press is hiring: We're looking for justice and cultural writers and a digital editor. Interested? More here: http://t.co/w0r9BI3Fpn 4 hours ago
- US resupplies Israel with arms: http://t.co/JuQVjuauvd 5 hours ago
In the wake of Mandela Day, Milisithando Bongela questions what the pervasive image of Madiba and the narrative of ‘reconciliation’ really means.
Readers react cynically to the news that Public Works Minister Thulas Nxesi is cracking the whip over Nkandla spending
The era of having your cake and eating it seems to be coming to an end for government officials suspended on full pay. That’s if Public Service and Administration Minister Collins Chabane gets his way.