A lot has been written by Independent Newspapers journalists of a few remarks that President Jacob Zuma made in Impendle, KwaZulu-Natal Midlands, about promoting ubuntu and maintaining respect and high regard for other human beings and African culture.
City Press on Twitter
- Today's cartoon: http://t.co/Ejo6TtlzdA 3 hours ago
- AKA, Nyovest beef still sizzling: http://t.co/tzGGXUaqQ2 4 hours ago
- MT @DumisaneLubisi: SA team @Amajimbosu17 going for gold in continental final today. Read about this bunch of winners in @City_Press today 4 hours ago
- RT @DumisaneLubisi: Why Zindzi Mandela has not taken up her post as ambassador to Denmark yet. Read all about it in @City_Press today 4 hours ago
- Politicians play nice: http://t.co/9cYiBTMEmC 5 hours ago
So, let’s talk about Fifty Shades of Grey. Last weekend the movie raked in more than R2.7 billion; for those numerically disinclined (like me) that’s roughly two metric f**k-tons or many, many Nkandlas.
The municipal chaos in Malamulele is gaining momentum in many ways after the area was denied its own municipality by the Municipal Demarcation Board a few weeks ago.
South Africa ended a fragile week in better shape, highlighting its democratic resilience. That is a good sign.