A South African company supplied the electronic biometric registration kits that threw the Kenyan election into disarray on Monday.
American President Barack Obama is coming to South Africa this year – his advisers are just trying to decide on the best time for the visit.
When president Jacob Zuma left for the Brics summit in New Delhi, India, in March last year, he had with him a letter of support from fellow African leaders that contained a message: Bring us back a bank. This week, International Relations Minister Maite Nkoana-Mashabane told City Press she upped the pressure on Zuma to […]
Mapisa-Nqakula says all 400 soldiers may not be necessary.
By the end of February, government, business and labour will announce an accord on youth unemployment that stakeholders hope will put paid to the debate around the youth wage subsidy.
President Jacob Zuma steered clear of some difficult decisions in his state of the nation address tonight, but came down hard on mining companies and protesters who lead violent strikes.
The cracks are starting to show in the shiny Addis Ababa headquarters of the African Union – a gift from the Chinese government.
Cosatu denied any tensions between the top leaders of the trade union federation following comments by general secretary Zwelinzima Vavi at the Chris Hani Institute.
All is not well in the leadership of the Congress of Trade Unions (Cosatu).
The UN Human Rights Council urged governments to reconsider their relationship with Israel in the light of human rights violations committed by the Jewish state.
South Africa has put a stop to a United Nations plan to expand the mandate of UN troops in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), which would enable them to engage in combat if necessary.
City Press on Twitter
- RT @bhintsintsi: Ramaphosa pleads with the crowd behind the stage to tone down the singing #MandelaMemorial 2 hours ago
- RT @bhintsintsi: Diva Sibongile Khumalo delivers a moving rendition of "A Plea for Africa" #MandelaMemorial 2 hours ago
- RT @bhintsintsi: Resounding cheers as Mbete mentions Mugabe #MandelaMemorial 2 hours ago
- MT @carienduplessis: As Mbete goes down list, Abbas gets cheers, Ellen Johnson Sirleaf gets moderate cheers too. #MandelaMemorial 2 hours ago
- MT @carienduplessis: Mbete reads out more heads of state attending. Omar al-Bashir from Sudan doesn't get any cheers #MandelaMemorial 2 hours ago
- Cpt: 19 - 27°C
- Pta: 16 - 19°C
- Jhb: 13 - 15°C
- Bloem: 15 - 22°C
- Dbn: 20 - 23°C
- PE: 19 - 21°C