A South African company supplied the electronic biometric registration kits that threw the Kenyan election into disarray on Monday.
American President Barack Obama is coming to South Africa this year – his advisers are just trying to decide on the best time for the visit.
When president Jacob Zuma left for the Brics summit in New Delhi, India, in March last year, he had with him a letter of support from fellow African leaders that contained a message: Bring us back a bank. This week, International Relations Minister Maite Nkoana-Mashabane told City Press she upped the pressure on Zuma to […]
Mapisa-Nqakula says all 400 soldiers may not be necessary.
By the end of February, government, business and labour will announce an accord on youth unemployment that stakeholders hope will put paid to the debate around the youth wage subsidy.
President Jacob Zuma steered clear of some difficult decisions in his state of the nation address tonight, but came down hard on mining companies and protesters who lead violent strikes.
The cracks are starting to show in the shiny Addis Ababa headquarters of the African Union – a gift from the Chinese government.
Cosatu denied any tensions between the top leaders of the trade union federation following comments by general secretary Zwelinzima Vavi at the Chris Hani Institute.
All is not well in the leadership of the Congress of Trade Unions (Cosatu).
The UN Human Rights Council urged governments to reconsider their relationship with Israel in the light of human rights violations committed by the Jewish state.
South Africa has put a stop to a United Nations plan to expand the mandate of UN troops in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), which would enable them to engage in combat if necessary.
City Press on Twitter
- MT @StephanDolk: Steal my money to build your mansion and u'll feel my animosity every time I promise. Steal from many and u get a coalition 3 hours ago
- MT @EliasChinemo: I think it's because the ANC is not answering the questions,they are avoiding the questions & that causes those problems 3 hours ago
- MT @talentdd65: Opposition is the necessary evil in any democracy. #talkingpoint 3 hours ago
- MT @The_Mos_Native: Haha, on what planet can the #EFF ever be labelled rightwing? Who is in bed with capitalists? #Marikana #talkingpoint 3 hours ago
- MT @the85man: Gwede is not a happy chappy as he is getting a bit of his own medicine. #talkingpoint 3 hours ago
Carien du Plessis had a few precious hours of free time during the US-Africa Leaders Summit in Washington, and, after a few Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, took a run through DC’s Disneyland for democracy.
After having read my Sunday papers last week, one of the stories that caught my attention was the story with the headline “Dolus what?” (City Press, September 14 2014).
The lively exchanges in this new term of Parliament have been welcomed for breathing life into what used to be a flat and sleepy House.