A South African company supplied the electronic biometric registration kits that threw the Kenyan election into disarray on Monday.
American President Barack Obama is coming to South Africa this year – his advisers are just trying to decide on the best time for the visit.
When president Jacob Zuma left for the Brics summit in New Delhi, India, in March last year, he had with him a letter of support from fellow African leaders that contained a message: Bring us back a bank. This week, International Relations Minister Maite Nkoana-Mashabane told City Press she upped the pressure on Zuma to […]
Mapisa-Nqakula says all 400 soldiers may not be necessary.
By the end of February, government, business and labour will announce an accord on youth unemployment that stakeholders hope will put paid to the debate around the youth wage subsidy.
President Jacob Zuma steered clear of some difficult decisions in his state of the nation address tonight, but came down hard on mining companies and protesters who lead violent strikes.
The cracks are starting to show in the shiny Addis Ababa headquarters of the African Union – a gift from the Chinese government.
Cosatu denied any tensions between the top leaders of the trade union federation following comments by general secretary Zwelinzima Vavi at the Chris Hani Institute.
All is not well in the leadership of the Congress of Trade Unions (Cosatu).
The UN Human Rights Council urged governments to reconsider their relationship with Israel in the light of human rights violations committed by the Jewish state.
South Africa has put a stop to a United Nations plan to expand the mandate of UN troops in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), which would enable them to engage in combat if necessary.
City Press on Twitter
- Chaos reigns as EFF MPs tell Jacob Zuma to ‘pay back the money’: http://t.co/M6BVnhM8F2 by @CarienduPlessis #ZumaQuestions 3 hours ago
- Jacob Zuma discusses Palestine with concerned organisations: http://t.co/zc1GaCEYvO 3 hours ago
- MT @carienduplessis: It seems as if Pres Zuma has left the National Assembly. No sound on parly channel #ZumaQuestions 3 hours ago
- Administrators’ terms extended in Emalahleni, Bushbuckridge: http://t.co/BNZTrdbEOj by @S_samaYende 3 hours ago
- RT @carienduplessis: Every time we get a bit of sound, we hear someone shouting pay the money or Nkandla money must be paid #ZumaQuestions 3 hours ago
Charity is a step back in alleviating poverty. At the recent economic summit held in the US, President Barack Obama stressed the need to increase funding to Africa.
The ANC stalwart, Pallo Jordan, did the right thing. Upon being found to have pimped his qualifications by the Sunday Times, he resigned as an MP.