A South African company supplied the electronic biometric registration kits that threw the Kenyan election into disarray on Monday.
American President Barack Obama is coming to South Africa this year – his advisers are just trying to decide on the best time for the visit.
When president Jacob Zuma left for the Brics summit in New Delhi, India, in March last year, he had with him a letter of support from fellow African leaders that contained a message: Bring us back a bank. This week, International Relations Minister Maite Nkoana-Mashabane told City Press she upped the pressure on Zuma to […]
Mapisa-Nqakula says all 400 soldiers may not be necessary.
By the end of February, government, business and labour will announce an accord on youth unemployment that stakeholders hope will put paid to the debate around the youth wage subsidy.
President Jacob Zuma steered clear of some difficult decisions in his state of the nation address tonight, but came down hard on mining companies and protesters who lead violent strikes.
The cracks are starting to show in the shiny Addis Ababa headquarters of the African Union – a gift from the Chinese government.
Cosatu denied any tensions between the top leaders of the trade union federation following comments by general secretary Zwelinzima Vavi at the Chris Hani Institute.
All is not well in the leadership of the Congress of Trade Unions (Cosatu).
The UN Human Rights Council urged governments to reconsider their relationship with Israel in the light of human rights violations committed by the Jewish state.
South Africa has put a stop to a United Nations plan to expand the mandate of UN troops in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), which would enable them to engage in combat if necessary.
City Press on Twitter
- MT @Dumza44144: thts its forward EFF forward "EFF is a ‘government-in-waiting’, Malema tells Parliament" 7 hours ago
- MT @Svidge101: EFF is a disaster in waiting "EFF is a ‘government-in-waiting’, Malema tells Parliament" 7 hours ago
- MT @theodorecrav: A nursery school has more discipline than that lot. "EFF is a ‘government-in-waiting’, Malema tells Parliament" 7 hours ago
- #Trending's motoring guru says the new Renault Duster might just be the 4x4 for you and your budget: http://t.co/i54vPoiaKK 8 hours ago
- Nigeria market bomb targeted opposition leader: http://t.co/mK3jcSD4Y8 8 hours ago
- How Hlaudi Motsoeneng lied in SABC application: 4 E’s and an F in ‘matric’
- 40 000 join Cape Town protest against Israeli attacks
- Transnet faces biggest class action in SA history over stripping of pension fund assets
- Why SA men have far less sex than the global average
- 10 steps to develop black professors
Saturday. The Croc and I are up bright and early. Impolitely so, if you ask me, but we don’t have a choice. The Commander in Chief is in town so that’s that.
Honestly, do we really need the department of public works? Has it brought us anything but embarrassment and scandal?