There are two options for your funds when you retire. You should choose carefully.
Readers ask whether it is better to invest a lump sum or pay monthly towards retirement funding, how much you should really be saving for retirement, and how to find out if you have been included in someone’s will.
Check your cash flow to ensure it’s balanced in your favour, writes Maya Fisher-French
Retirement can be a financial strain. Make sure you are taken care of, writes Maya Fisher-French
Whether you’re a wealthy individual or someone who’s just starting out with R500 per month in the investing world, a good financial adviser is one who has moved from mere product-selling to offering you a professional service.
Ever wondered why supermarkets put fresh flowers, fruit and vegetables at the entrance of the store?
Have some cash to stash? Here’s what to do: This month, we had several questions related to investing. When it comes to deciding how or where to invest, the key is to invest according to what you know you need from your investment rather than trying to guess which investment will outperform
By making the Easy Account widely available, FNB has become the first real competitor to Capitec’s low-cost, no-fuss banking, writes Maya Fisher-French
Maya Fisher-French has two very different sons: one is a natural saver, the other a big spender. But any child can learn good habits
One way to kick-start intergenerational wealth is through the use of a life policy, writes Maya Fisher-French
What to do when you’ve inherited tenants from the previous owner of a property
If you are 45 or younger, forget about retiring at 60, writes Maya Fisher-French
City Press on Twitter
- Metal sector wage deal ‘a product of sweat and bitter struggles’: http://t.co/vSVhzWmN2P 6 hours ago
- Happy Feet: Snoop Dogg is now making socks: http://t.co/nUHZIr4ch4 8 hours ago
- MT @cousinNorman: No. And they won't have the money either. "Will government have enough time to process all the #land claims?" 8 hours ago
- MT @RyanPaulJames89: Can they show us the success stories from the first phase? "Will govt have enough time to process all #land claims?" 8 hours ago
- MT @mariahorton14: Like with all other issues, maybe appoint&pay consultants!?? "Will govt have enough time to process all #land claims?" 8 hours ago
In the wake of Mandela Day, Milisithando Bongela questions what the pervasive image of Madiba and the narrative of ‘reconciliation’ really means.
Readers react cynically to the news that Public Works Minister Thulas Nxesi is cracking the whip over Nkandla spending
The era of having your cake and eating it seems to be coming to an end for government officials suspended on full pay. That’s if Public Service and Administration Minister Collins Chabane gets his way.