About 50% of people reading this article will have fallen behind on their debt repayments. Maya Fisher-French advises on how to take action before it’s too late
Will the Treasury’s recommendations make you save more, asks Maya Fisher-French.
City Press reader Nozuko Basson is a single mother to three-year-old Siyamthanda and took the necessary financial steps as soon as she found out she was pregnant. As a single mother, what are the financial considerations you need to take into account? Neesa Moodley finds out
Life insurance is important, especially when it comes to people who are in business together, and the rules are pretty straightforward.
The first tax ombud’s report raises important concerns about Sars processes and has already made a difference to ordinary taxpayers in resolving outstanding issues, writes Maya Fisher-French
Insurance cover can seem like a waste of money when you are in your 20s or 30s. But don’t tempt fate. Maya Fisher-French advises on critical illness, income protection and life cover.
Maya Fisher-French looks at how to leave a legacy while guaranteeing your income in retirement.
We set ourselves a challenge to try to find medical cover for one of our readers. Our findings show that medical cover is expensive for many middle-income earners and that a comprehensive hospital plan is possibly the best option
Despite laws to protect consumers from unscrupulous lenders, very little of this protection is experienced in reality, writes Maya Fisher-French.
Phuthuma Nathi is an example of how black investors can benefit from investing in quality businesses.
City Press on Twitter
- MT @Njahbu: Then what's the use of buying that nuclear from Russia if we will struggle another 2 years? #talkingpoint 5 hours ago
- SABC takes women seriously – Hlaudi Motsoeneng: http://t.co/q7pv2dfiJk 5 hours ago
- MT @BulelaniMfaco: Experts warned of energy problem, government didn't listen, now we must suffer. Thank-you ANC voters. #talkingpoint 5 hours ago
- TALKING POINT: Public Enterprises Minister Lynne Brown says SA's power supply will be under pressure for the next two years. Have your say. 5 hours ago
- Ithuba gets licence to run national lottery: http://t.co/a0WouaxHhe 5 hours ago
Wednesday. I’m hungry. I’m thinking about Doctor Hunter S Thomson.
The recent behaviour displayed by our parliamentarians is disturbing, with the name-calling, shouting and refusal to obey the rules of the House.
There is nothing as sweet as a hard-earned victory. Ask Bafana Bafana. They should be over the moon at qualifying for next year’s Africa Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea.