Updated legislation will prevent consumers from robbing Peter to pay Paul, writes Maya Fisher-French.
Much has been made about the new tax hikes and increased fuel levy, but there are other changes in the budget that will affect your fiscal strategy, writes Maya Fisher-French.
Despite an investigation into the rates charged by credit providers for insurance, borrowers are still paying high rates for credit insurance. writes Maya Fisher-French.
After nearly 11 years of engaging with readers across many publications, I realised that while there are many books that cover the theory behind creating a financial plan and offer encouragement to do so, what was really needed was a money book that offered practical advice on how to implement a money plan.
Whether it’s fees, a study loan or trying to access your savings, the financial decisions you make affect your financial health in the long term. City Press looks at a few of the issues facing readers this month.
From next month, South Africans will be allowed to invest up to R30 000 a year in tax-free savings accounts (TFSAs).
If you want to start trading on the JSE there are many great products to get you started. It is important to understand the risks of investing in shares and that this is not a get rich quick scheme.
A teacher wants to resign and use his pension payout to enter the transport sector. We weigh up the pros and cons of this kind of decision.
Maya Fisher-French reviews The Wealth Chef by Ann Wilson.
Imagine a small business funding model that allows you to raise capital without going into debt or giving away equity, and that also test-drives your product idea before you even launch it.
City Press on Twitter
- Rhodes was a nasty piece of work. The statue should have been pulled down in about May 1994, writes @PaddyHarper1: http://t.co/ldl3yL83Kj 3 hours ago
- Traditional leaders want Mercedes-Benz SUVs, fully furnished houses with washing machines and dishwashers from govt: http://t.co/twd2dF9fpw 3 hours ago
- Collins Chabane’s family want President Jacob Zuma establish a separate municipality for the people of Malamulele: http://t.co/BirksUhKv1 3 hours ago
- The revolution eats its children: Long-standing ANC members being overlooked for loyalists, writes @ferialhaffajee: http://t.co/l3GbOOm5iD 4 hours ago
- Kgotsi Chikane (@Kgotsi22) on why he started the #RhodesMustFall campaign: http://t.co/FNjniVuDoA 14 hours ago
Rhodes was a nasty piece of work. The statue should have been pulled down and given to the Apartheid Museum in about May 1994.
Hendrik Verwoerd and the Broederbond must be happy that Africans have accepted the term ‘blacks’.
The problems at Eskom came to a head late this week when Standard & Poor’s relegated it to junk status. The ratings agency said it had less confidence in Eskom because of the suspension last week of four of its senior executives.