A teacher wants to resign and use his pension payout to enter the transport sector. We weigh up the pros and cons of this kind of decision.
Maya Fisher-French reviews The Wealth Chef by Ann Wilson.
Imagine a small business funding model that allows you to raise capital without going into debt or giving away equity, and that also test-drives your product idea before you even launch it.
About 50% of people reading this article will have fallen behind on their debt repayments. Maya Fisher-French advises on how to take action before it’s too late
Will the Treasury’s recommendations make you save more, asks Maya Fisher-French.
City Press reader Nozuko Basson is a single mother to three-year-old Siyamthanda and took the necessary financial steps as soon as she found out she was pregnant. As a single mother, what are the financial considerations you need to take into account? Neesa Moodley finds out
Life insurance is important, especially when it comes to people who are in business together, and the rules are pretty straightforward.
The first tax ombud’s report raises important concerns about Sars processes and has already made a difference to ordinary taxpayers in resolving outstanding issues, writes Maya Fisher-French
Insurance cover can seem like a waste of money when you are in your 20s or 30s. But don’t tempt fate. Maya Fisher-French advises on critical illness, income protection and life cover.
City Press on Twitter
- Zuma accepts public office bearers’ salary increases: http://t.co/hzbC3cJdI7 3 hours ago
- Clive Derby-Lewis may face fraud charges: http://t.co/yYyYJScPgV by @mbanjwax 4 hours ago
- Court to decide if Anwa Dramat can return to work: http://t.co/U7ztsqyXsU by @abrammashego 4 hours ago
- RT @carienduplessis: Applause as AU chair Abdul Aziz commends dropping of ICC charges against Kenyatta, says African Court needed #AUsummit 5 hours ago
- RT @carienduplessis: AU chair Abdel Aziz thanks Africa's partners for interest shown in continent and starts on Ebola epidemic #AUsummit 5 hours ago
I run because I run, and lately it feels like I’ve been running for my life.
From the corridors of Parliament to the beautiful plains of Giyani, the notion of a rainbow nation is sung out as an obvious reality.
Former president Thabo Mbeki made a promise to the world in July 2008.