Since the December 14 2012 shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, which claimed 27 lives, among them children no older than five or six, there have been more than 900 gun-related deaths in the US.
Michael Denzel Smith
City Press on Twitter
- Jeff Radebe overlooked white candidate for promotion – Solidarity: http://t.co/Lj8F85B6FJ 9 hours ago
- Lessons from the sex auntie: http://t.co/AVwnotRjnR #Trending 10 hours ago
- R102m seized at Lanseria raises questions – NPA: http://t.co/ivtktghvX5 11 hours ago
- Pressure mounts on Jacob Zuma over Dalai Lama: http://t.co/sXwgCw3HcB 12 hours ago
- Police fire rubber bullets at Grabouw protesters: http://t.co/HEwoPWMmKi 13 hours ago
Friday. We’re at King Goodwill Zwelithini’s eNyokeni Palace at Nongoma for the annual Reed Dance.
I heard with shock when insults were elevated to another level by Kebby Maphatsoe, a leader of government who audaciously called Public Protector Thuli Madonsela a CIA spy and accused her of undermining the ANC.
The decision by the Northern Cape education department to close down schools in Kuruman for the rest of the year is a tragic and regrettable one.