Since the December 14 2012 shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, which claimed 27 lives, among them children no older than five or six, there have been more than 900 gun-related deaths in the US.
Michael Denzel Smith
City Press on Twitter
- ‘One day a child will die’: http://t.co/FLBUWhpiRc 9 hours ago
- Sizwe Nxasana: CEOs shouldn’t be in position for more than 10 years: http://t.co/kDvw7UXLZS 10 hours ago
- Are African-Americans a displaced tribe? http://t.co/TyIULDPPaW #Trending by @the_rantingpony 10 hours ago
- How Czech fugitive Radovan Krejcir and the estate of slain Teazers boss Lolly Jackson finally lost their exotic cars: http://t.co/f6k5tZQtpL 10 hours ago
- ‘I loved him. I didn’t mean to kill him’ – Flabba's girlfriend, Sindisiwe Manqele: http://t.co/rImPHeCYI2 10 hours ago
Wednesday. The Croc (photographer Khaya Ngwenya) andI are hanging out with Riyana Bujram. Riyana’s this fearless, in charge-of-the world three-year-old.
The debate on the role of intellectuals in post-apartheid South Africa is uninspiring and boring.
The debate in Parliament this week revealed a remarkable generational and political shift in South Africa. Two young political leaders, Julius Malema, leader of the Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF), and the leader of the opposition DA in Parliament, Mmusi Maimane, extracted an unprecedented level of accountability from President Jacob Zuma.