Since the December 14 2012 shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, which claimed 27 lives, among them children no older than five or six, there have been more than 900 gun-related deaths in the US.
Michael Denzel Smith
City Press on Twitter
- We’ve got to trade ourselves into wealth, writes @shakasisulu: http://t.co/KgKjWFUtt4 3 hours ago
- Custard couture grows up: http://t.co/a0aMTm1jhw 4 hours ago
- MultiChoice, SABC deal ‘not in the public interest’ – opponents: http://t.co/WITPY2bggo 4 hours ago
- Is the budget really pro-poor?: http://t.co/qaPLpmlxmg 5 hours ago
- Mi Casa are known for their smooth jams but they’re now expanding with a new movie about their journey: http://t.co/1IUV6KEtty 5 hours ago
So, let’s talk about Fifty Shades of Grey. Last weekend the movie raked in more than R2.7 billion; for those numerically disinclined (like me) that’s roughly two metric f**k-tons or many, many Nkandlas.
Zimbabwean president Robert Mugabe’s recent call for Africa to dissociate itself from the International Criminal Court will only deny the African people the justice they deserve.
This week we report that banks repossessed almost 5 000 cars from the country’s middle class in the Western Cape and Gauteng provinces.