Since the December 14 2012 shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, which claimed 27 lives, among them children no older than five or six, there have been more than 900 gun-related deaths in the US.
Michael Denzel Smith
City Press on Twitter
- Group A: Congo and Equatorial Guinea are through to the quarterfinals of #Afcon2015 3 hours ago
- Full-time scores: Gabon 0-2 Equatorial Guinea and Congo 2-1Burkina Faso #Afcon2015 3 hours ago
- RT @ThatoMosh23: Bunch of winners RT@City_Press: Amajita crowned Commonwealth Cup champs: http://t.co/8ELWIHO5Bs 4 hours ago
- Amajita crowned Commonwealth Cup champs: http://t.co/8ELWIHO5Bs 4 hours ago
- SA's high commissioner to Cameroon goes AWOL after racking up huge hotel bill: http://t.co/ua0TUIp4Zr 4 hours ago
I run because I run, and lately it feels like I’ve been running for my life.
What is the point of publishing the article “Race and Cape Town: Your colour matters at restaurants” (City Press, January 18 2015)? It’s a scurrilous article, not based on facts, but on one person’s perceptions. You haven’t even given those much-maligned restaurants a right of reply.
Former president Thabo Mbeki made a promise to the world in July 2008.