Since the December 14 2012 shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, which claimed 27 lives, among them children no older than five or six, there have been more than 900 gun-related deaths in the US.
Michael Denzel Smith
City Press on Twitter
- RT @carienduplessis: Theuns Botha lost by 104 votes. 55% for Madikizela vs 45% to Botha. Some say old boys' club in WC defeated #DAWC 4 hours ago
- RT @carienduplessis: Madikizela says he was less confident, because competing with an incumbent (Theuns Botha) #DAWC 4 hours ago
- MT @carienduplessis: De Lille says she was very confident she will make it. #DAWC 4 hours ago
- RT @carienduplessis: De Lille says she will contest as mayor again in 2016 #DAWC 4 hours ago
- RT @carienduplessis: De Lille: we will convene a meeting and ask candidates for DA leader to come and explain what they have to offer #DAWC 4 hours ago
Rhodes was a nasty piece of work. The statue should have been pulled down and given to the Apartheid Museum in about May 1994.
Cosatu spin doctor Patrick Craven will be remembered as one of the best propagandists who marshaled the federation in supporting Jacob Zuma’s march to power.
One of South Africa’s most exciting soccer stars, Jabu Mahlangu, once opened up about his alcohol addiction, saying that things got so bad, there were times he was drunk when he took to the pitch.