After struggling for the better part of last season and ending up in the 13th spot, Moroka Swallows captain Lefa Tsutsulupa is optimistic about the season ahead.
The Economic Freedom Fighters will liberate all the oppressed people of the world, leader Julius Malema has said.
SA captain Hashim Amla remained unbeaten after his 22nd test hundred, but off-spinner Dilruwan Perera’s career best figures gave Sri Lanka a big first innings lead at the end of the third day of the second Test on Saturday.
South African coach Ephraim ‘Shakes’ Mashaba has been appointed head coach of Bafana Bafana, the SA Football Association (Safa) has announced.
Two government critics in Swaziland have been sentenced to two years in prison after being found guilty of contempt of court for publishing articles lamenting alleged threats to judicial independence in the southern African kingdom.
Unregistered motorists in Gauteng owe the SA National Roads Agency Limited (Sanral) over R1 billion in unpaid e-toll accounts, said Transport Minister Dipuo Peters.
- Taxis must register for e-toll exemptions – Sanral
- Sanral obeys Dipuo Peters’ order to halt e-toll prosecutions
- Dipuo Peters puts brakes on e-toll prosecutions
- 51-day e-toll reprieve doesn’t reduce financial burden on motorists – Outa
- Cosatu: Dipuo Peters undermines David Makhura’s e-toll review panel
Orlando Pirates coach Vladimir Vermezović says he has no immediate concerns about the strength of his squad ahead of the new season, kick-started by this weekend’s Carling Black Label Cup.
Relatives of the four-year-old Reiger Park boy killed in a hijacking have identified one of the alleged assailants.
James Rodriguez has signed a six-year deal with Real Madrid.
Economic Freedom Fighters’ members stormed into the Gauteng legislature during their march in Johannesburg today.
South Africa is producing too few doctoral graduates, Science and Technology Minister Naledi Pandor has said.
The sale announced by Anglo American Platinum (Amplats) of some of its mines will lead to job losses, the Workers’ Association Union (Wau) has warned.
City Press on Twitter
- Metal sector wage deal ‘a product of sweat and bitter struggles’: http://t.co/vSVhzWmN2P 4 hours ago
- Happy Feet: Snoop Dogg is now making socks: http://t.co/nUHZIr4ch4 6 hours ago
- MT @cousinNorman: No. And they won't have the money either. "Will government have enough time to process all the #land claims?" 6 hours ago
- MT @RyanPaulJames89: Can they show us the success stories from the first phase? "Will govt have enough time to process all #land claims?" 6 hours ago
- MT @mariahorton14: Like with all other issues, maybe appoint&pay consultants!?? "Will govt have enough time to process all #land claims?" 6 hours ago
In the wake of Mandela Day, Milisithando Bongela questions what the pervasive image of Madiba and the narrative of ‘reconciliation’ really means.
Readers react cynically to the news that Public Works Minister Thulas Nxesi is cracking the whip over Nkandla spending
The era of having your cake and eating it seems to be coming to an end for government officials suspended on full pay. That’s if Public Service and Administration Minister Collins Chabane gets his way.