Having netted four times in his five games this season, Kaizer Chiefs winger Mandla Masango has set his sights on a call-up to the national team.
A multibillion-rand land claim by Zulu king Goodwill Zwelithini and other traditional leaders has not been lodged yet, chief land claims commissioner Nomfundo Gobodo said.
Labour laws have contributed to the prolonged, violent strikes the country has seen in various industries, the National Employers’ Association of South Africa said.
Kaizer Chiefs coach Stuart Baxter confirmed after yesterday’s win over Bloemfontein Celtic that striker Kingston Nkhatha will be fined by the club for simulation.
A five-year-old girl from Pretoria screamed so hard during a hijacking that the robbers stopped the car and ran away.
Six people have been arrested for looting shops owned by foreigners in Daveyton, Ekurhuleni metro police said.
Mandla Masango’s late winner was enough as Kaizer Chiefs continued their dominance of the early season with a 1-0 win over Bloemfontein Celtic.
A 42-year-old man will appear in the Randburg Magistrates’ Court today in connection with the stabbing of a woman in Bryanston.
An 83-year-old woman who was being treated for a respiratory infection in the Mediclinic Kimberley underwent heart surgery when she was mistaken for another patient.
- Natalspruit Hospital moves 500 patients to new facility
- Nurses who punish complaining patients feel MEC’s wrath
- Man forced to carry relative’s body down hospital stairs
- Doctors forced to ‘carry patients on their backs’ at Natalspruit Hospital
- Gauteng health puts measures in place to stop negligence at hospitals
No plans were submitted to the Ekurhuleni municipality for approval of the house that collapsed and killed seven people in Alberton, southeast of Johannesburg.
The Ebola outbreak in West Africa is no threat to tourism in South Africa, Communications Minister Faith Muthambi has said.
More than 1000 business need to be rescued in South Africa to avoid liquidation, Trade and Industry Minister Rob Davies has said.
City Press on Twitter
- VIDEO: EFF confronts Jacob Zuma on Nkandla: http://t.co/cC4vKS736h by @TshepoLesole 10 hours ago
- EFF disruption was an ‘orchestrated plan’ – ANC: http://t.co/I8SEimEfqO 11 hours ago
- We’ll tackle racism in education – Blade Nzimande: http://t.co/TsUOz30AcQ 12 hours ago
- Zizi Kodwa: EFF’s violent nature could take SA backwards: http://t.co/FA6YftTIGF 12 hours ago
- MT @nicbc123: While I don't agree with the manner, it is about time he gets some heat for his actions #talkingpoint 13 hours ago
Charity is a step back in alleviating poverty. At the recent economic summit held in the US, President Barack Obama stressed the need to increase funding to Africa.
The ANC stalwart, Pallo Jordan, did the right thing. Upon being found to have pimped his qualifications by the Sunday Times, he resigned as an MP.