Orlando Pirates coach Vladimir Vermezović says he has no immediate concerns about the strength of his squad ahead of the new season, kick-started by this weekend’s Carling Black Label Cup.
Relatives of the four-year-old Reiger Park boy killed in a hijacking have identified one of the alleged assailants.
James Rodriguez has signed a six-year deal with Real Madrid.
Economic Freedom Fighters’ members stormed into the Gauteng legislature during their march in Johannesburg today.
South Africa is producing too few doctoral graduates, Science and Technology Minister Naledi Pandor has said.
The sale announced by Anglo American Platinum (Amplats) of some of its mines will lead to job losses, the Workers’ Association Union (Wau) has warned.
Fears of a serial killer on the loose at the University of Venda in Limpopo have prompted police to establish an investigation team.
Durban was thrust into the international spotlight following an impressive and professional presentation to the Commonwealth Games Federation General Assembly in Glasgow.
South Africa, home to 80% of the world’s rhinos, is considering moving some of the animals out of Kruger National Park to keep poachers at bay.
The ANC in Gauteng has dismissed allegations by the EFF that the ruling party planned to disrupt the party’s one-year anniversary rally in Soweto on the weekend.
More than 11.9 million pupils attend public schools across the country, according to Basic Education Minister Angie Motshekga.
Police Minister Nathi Nhleko has been forced to list his academic qualifications after a DA MP claimed he left school in “standard 9”.
City Press on Twitter
- RT @Thuls11: #KyalamiAuction Kyalami racetrack sold for R205 million 2 hours ago
- There may be more news on TV than ever before, but does quantity equal quality? asks @TVwithThinus: http://t.co/2sryZjTaL9 #Trending 3 hours ago
- ‘Contact lost’ with Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso: http://t.co/Qdz36esc1N 3 hours ago
- MT @thuls11: #KayalamiAuction 3 more properties until we find out who gets call the Kayalami racetrack home. 3 hours ago
- MT @thuls11: #KayalamiAuction This building in Newcastle sold for more than R11m with an opening bid of R3.3 million: http://t.co/fG2mH1bvPC 3 hours ago
- 40 000 join Cape Town protest against Israeli attacks
- How Hlaudi Motsoeneng lied in SABC application: 4 E’s and an F in ‘matric’
- Why SA men have far less sex than the global average
- Transnet faces biggest class action in SA history over stripping of pension fund assets
- 10 steps to develop black professors
Saturday. The Croc and I are up bright and early. Impolitely so, if you ask me, but we don’t have a choice. The Commander in Chief is in town so that’s that.
Honestly, do we really need the department of public works? Has it brought us anything but embarrassment and scandal?