Speaker Baleka Mbete has warned the Economic Freedom Fighters that she would not tolerate “anarchy” in Parliament but was promptly challenged by the party’s chief whip Floyd Shivambu, who accused her of bias.
A father and his two sons were arrested in Lenasia after a man died in the boot of their car, Soweto police said.
E-tolls in Gauteng have caused widespread outrage, the Opposition to Urban Tolling Alliance has said.
The National Prosecuting Authority is looking into the criticism from the Supreme Court of Appeal against a top official.
Legendary South African cricketer Norman Gordon has died at the age of 103.
A new study has found that people snacked more watching fast-paced television than viewing a more leisurely paced talk show.
Manchester United dominated Europe’s transfer activity as the transfer deadline window slammed shut yesterday, manager Louis van Gaal taking his summer spending spree to more than £150 million (about R2.7 billion).
Los Angeles – Jennifer Lawrence has contacted authorities to investigate who stole and posted nude images of her online.
It is a question of when rather than if Chad le Clos will break the 100m butterfly short course record, after he missed the mark by a hair’s breadth.
Lesotho’s prime minister has asked southern African states to send peacekeepers into his mountain kingdom to restore order after an apparent coup over the weekend, his aide said.
There was no violence reported over night in Nyanga, Cape Town police said today.
- Protesters in Cape Town set alight buses, assault drivers
- 12 arrested in Tembisa ‘cat and mouse’ service delivery protest
- Angie Motshekga wants camp for matrics affected by Kuruman protest
- 6 Daveyton protesters nabbed after looting foreigners’ shops
- Cosas ‘sorry’ for bad behaviour during Joburg protest
The state has asked for a postponement in the matter between King Buyelekhaya Dalindyebo of the abaThembu and President Jacob Zuma, the presidency has said.
City Press on Twitter
- MT @THEREALLUCKY5: Public Protector found Zuma guilty of corruption. When will he resign just like Tlakula? He's not special. #talkingpoint 5 hours ago
- MT @madala101: She knew from the very beginning that she was fighting a losing battle, public protector has enough evidence. #talkingpoint 5 hours ago
- MT @Peabss: 1.) Don't waste courts' time when u'll obviously lose. 2). Public Protector's decision is final [Zuma take note] #talkingpoint 5 hours ago
- MT @madala101: She shouldn't have wasted her time, she should have tendered her resignation letter immediately. #talkingpoint 5 hours ago
- MT @SueFay1: Lesson is not to waste taxpayer's money on endless litigation. Be honest, realistic and do right thing timeously.#talkingpoint 5 hours ago
If I was the colour red, I’d sue Valentine’s Day for defamation. There’s so much more to red than roses and silly balloons.
Readers react to the EFF’s parliamentary behaviour with more favour than scorn.
Rock out to music with local and international musicians