The sense of unity among South Africans is at its lowest level since the heady days of the 2010 soccer World Cup, new research reveals.
Statistics South Africa (Stats SA) this week released its Marriages and Divorces 2012 report, which looks at trends in happy beginnings and unhappy endings.
Do blacks hate whites? Do whites hate blacks? This was explored by writer Nat Nakasa in 1958 in an investigation for Drum magazine. Now, 56 years later and two decades into democracy, race is still an issue in SA.
Prophet. Healer. Charlatan. TB Joshua has been called all of these things during his rise to prominence as one of Nigeria and the continent’s most recognised evangelists.
- Watch – Suspicious plane to blame for church collapse, says TB Joshua
- Building collapse was the 4th disaster to hit Nigeria church
- Watch – SA mourns with families of 67 killed in Nigeria
- Still unclear how many South Africans hurt in Nigeria church collapse
- 67 South Africans killed in Nigeria church collapse
You can’t escape the visceral destruction of Gaza.
Last year Miley Cyrus’ bottom hogged all the attention at the MTV Video Music Awards when she gyrated it against Robin Thicke during their performance.
The book, set in America’s decaying industrial heartland, Detroit, begins with a crime scene that is one part gory horror, one part freak show and one part art exhibition.
The Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) rocketed into Parliament and the country’s provincial legislatures on a ticket of revolution, evolution and genuine social change.
Why spend your spare change on a seafront home in Cape Town or a well-appointed log cabin somewhere in the Drakensberg when you could buy your own island instead?
The SABC has refused to screen a series of City Press TV ads that depict scenes related to the Marikana massacre, e-tolling and Julius Malema’s Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF).
Growing up as a middle class white girl in Cape Town’s southern suburbs in the mid-1990s, I didn’t fear much
City Press on Twitter
- MOST READ: SA’s high commissioner to Cameroon ducks hotel bill: http://t.co/LWxlQcK75g 2 hours ago
- EFF says Golf GTI registered privately because ‘political parties can’t own cars’: http://t.co/hryfm0CGkA by @CH_Cilliers 2 hours ago
- MOST READ: ANC, SACP members in bloody fight: http://t.co/EIrpaodpIP 3 hours ago
- MOST READ: How Juju got his ride: http://t.co/4IW2n7XbZ4 3 hours ago
- Eskom starts load shedding due to ‘technical problems’: http://t.co/ongLOyY8QG 3 hours ago
I run because I run, and lately it feels like I’ve been running for my life.
I have a tendency to visit restaurants whenever I reward myself for something that I regard as somewhat significant. What better place to do this than at one of my favourite restaurants at Camps Bay in Cape Town?
Former president Thabo Mbeki made a promise to the world in July 2008.