Statistics South Africa (Stats SA) this week released its Marriages and Divorces 2012 report, which looks at trends in happy beginnings and unhappy endings.
Do blacks hate whites? Do whites hate blacks? This was explored by writer Nat Nakasa in 1958 in an investigation for Drum magazine. Now, 56 years later and two decades into democracy, race is still an issue in SA.
Prophet. Healer. Charlatan. TB Joshua has been called all of these things during his rise to prominence as one of Nigeria and the continent’s most recognised evangelists.
- Watch – Suspicious plane to blame for church collapse, says TB Joshua
- Building collapse was the 4th disaster to hit Nigeria church
- Watch – SA mourns with families of 67 killed in Nigeria
- Still unclear how many South Africans hurt in Nigeria church collapse
- 67 South Africans killed in Nigeria church collapse
You can’t escape the visceral destruction of Gaza.
Last year Miley Cyrus’ bottom hogged all the attention at the MTV Video Music Awards when she gyrated it against Robin Thicke during their performance.
The book, set in America’s decaying industrial heartland, Detroit, begins with a crime scene that is one part gory horror, one part freak show and one part art exhibition.
The Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) rocketed into Parliament and the country’s provincial legislatures on a ticket of revolution, evolution and genuine social change.
Why spend your spare change on a seafront home in Cape Town or a well-appointed log cabin somewhere in the Drakensberg when you could buy your own island instead?
The SABC has refused to screen a series of City Press TV ads that depict scenes related to the Marikana massacre, e-tolling and Julius Malema’s Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF).
Growing up as a middle class white girl in Cape Town’s southern suburbs in the mid-1990s, I didn’t fear much
Motherhood, it has been suggested, is the hardest job in the world – and that’s particularly true for women trying to raise their children on the African continent.
City Press on Twitter
- President Jacob Zuma has released his end-of-year statement; says we have good reason to celebrate: http://t.co/Tp395bVEhT 2 hours ago
- De Kock injured, De Villiers takes gloves: http://t.co/qbeykGFRuq 3 hours ago
- Case withdrawn against alleged stabber of Dobsonville toddlers: http://t.co/hfZXQ9Uz5P 3 hours ago
- Court reserves judgment on Hlaudi Motsoeneng’s suspension: http://t.co/5Kd3CH3Zg7 4 hours ago
- Consultant at Nigeria church says collapsed building had no permit: http://t.co/YcXqn71boO 4 hours ago
I run because I run, and lately it feels like I’ve been running for my life.
Ordinary people are adversely affected by load shedding, and there may well be disastrous consequences for jobs, livelihoods and our sinking economy.
We hear it all the time, especially during the festive season. Many of South Africa’s taxis are death traps.