Why spend your spare change on a seafront home in Cape Town or a well-appointed log cabin somewhere in the Drakensberg when you could buy your own island instead?
The SABC has refused to screen a series of City Press TV ads that depict scenes related to the Marikana massacre, e-tolling and Julius Malema’s Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF).
Growing up as a middle class white girl in Cape Town’s southern suburbs in the mid-1990s, I didn’t fear much
Motherhood, it has been suggested, is the hardest job in the world – and that’s particularly true for women trying to raise their children on the African continent.
Standing next to a clean, blank whiteboard, a felt-tipped board pen in his hand, Economic Development Minister Ebrahim Patel looks every inch the teacher – and his subject is construction.
It may seem a little counterintuitive, but the African Christian Democratic Party (ACDP) counts members of South Africa’s Jewish community among its biggest policy supporters.
Zoleka Mandela (33) and her partner Thierry Bashala were “delighted to announce” the birth of their daughter, Zanyiwe Zenziwe Bashala, a spokesperson said today.
Far too much Nelson and not nearly enough Winnie.
Mistress Paige is telling us a love story. It involves a couple who walked past her stand at Sexpo, then walked past again, then walked past one more time.
It’s fair to guess that customs officials at Joburg’s OR Tambo International Airport have seen some unusual footwear – but none so weird as the man they arrested this morning with bags of cocaine strapped to his feet.
Reports that Jo Nesbo killed off his finest creation were greatly exaggerated, writes Natasha Joseph
City Press on Twitter
- VIDEO: Julius Malema forcefully removed from Gauteng legislature: http://t.co/sQFDOTaM0A #EFF 3 hours ago
- Sanral: We have right to use blue lights: http://t.co/1tDC2n1VzN 4 hours ago
- Great countries rebrand themselves from time to time. It is time to rebrand our country, writes @MuziKuzwayo: http://t.co/pDriyk56GZ 5 hours ago
- R100 000 reward for information on Reiger Park hijacking: http://t.co/BnVrv72HC0 14 hours ago
- #EFF march to Gauteng legislature ends in chaos: http://t.co/AoSznDrgh7 by @TshepoLesole 15 hours ago
- How Hlaudi Motsoeneng lied in SABC application: 4 E’s and an F in ‘matric’
- 40 000 join Cape Town protest against Israeli attacks
- Transnet faces biggest class action in SA history over stripping of pension fund assets
- Why SA men have far less sex than the global average
- 10 steps to develop black professors
Saturday. The Croc and I are up bright and early. Impolitely so, if you ask me, but we don’t have a choice. The Commander in Chief is in town so that’s that.
Honestly, do we really need the department of public works? Has it brought us anything but embarrassment and scandal?