Last year Miley Cyrus’ bottom hogged all the attention at the MTV Video Music Awards when she gyrated it against Robin Thicke during their performance.
The book, set in America’s decaying industrial heartland, Detroit, begins with a crime scene that is one part gory horror, one part freak show and one part art exhibition.
The Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) rocketed into Parliament and the country’s provincial legislatures on a ticket of revolution, evolution and genuine social change.
Why spend your spare change on a seafront home in Cape Town or a well-appointed log cabin somewhere in the Drakensberg when you could buy your own island instead?
The SABC has refused to screen a series of City Press TV ads that depict scenes related to the Marikana massacre, e-tolling and Julius Malema’s Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF).
Growing up as a middle class white girl in Cape Town’s southern suburbs in the mid-1990s, I didn’t fear much
Motherhood, it has been suggested, is the hardest job in the world – and that’s particularly true for women trying to raise their children on the African continent.
Standing next to a clean, blank whiteboard, a felt-tipped board pen in his hand, Economic Development Minister Ebrahim Patel looks every inch the teacher – and his subject is construction.
It may seem a little counterintuitive, but the African Christian Democratic Party (ACDP) counts members of South Africa’s Jewish community among its biggest policy supporters.
Zoleka Mandela (33) and her partner Thierry Bashala were “delighted to announce” the birth of their daughter, Zanyiwe Zenziwe Bashala, a spokesperson said today.
Far too much Nelson and not nearly enough Winnie.
City Press on Twitter
- We are right on Zuma #paybackthemoney – EFF: http://t.co/4WsiAAHz8w 12 hours ago
- Yolanda Cuba takes strategic post at Vodacom: http://t.co/54gvTNZ5Gs by Marcia Klein 12 hours ago
- There goes the neighbourhood: Sacha Baron Cohen’s latest comedy offensive leads all the way to Cape Town: http://t.co/m7h14zbHDY 14 hours ago
- From clever blacks to Jesus: Jacob Zuma in quotes: http://t.co/OaPO8LA8wu 15 hours ago
- Barring public from parly meetings is censorship – DA: http://t.co/aBN5VAR7lZ 15 hours ago
If I was the colour red, I’d sue Valentine’s Day for defamation. There’s so much more to red than roses and silly balloons.
Readers react to the EFF’s parliamentary behaviour with more favour than scorn.
Rock out to music with local and international musicians