Do blacks hate whites? Do whites hate blacks? This was explored by writer Nat Nakasa in 1958 in an investigation for Drum magazine. Now, 56 years later and two decades into democracy, race is still an issue in SA.
Prophet. Healer. Charlatan. TB Joshua has been called all of these things during his rise to prominence as one of Nigeria and the continent’s most recognised evangelists.
- Watch – Suspicious plane to blame for church collapse, says TB Joshua
- Building collapse was the 4th disaster to hit Nigeria church
- Watch – SA mourns with families of 67 killed in Nigeria
- Still unclear how many South Africans hurt in Nigeria church collapse
- 67 South Africans killed in Nigeria church collapse
You can’t escape the visceral destruction of Gaza.
Last year Miley Cyrus’ bottom hogged all the attention at the MTV Video Music Awards when she gyrated it against Robin Thicke during their performance.
The book, set in America’s decaying industrial heartland, Detroit, begins with a crime scene that is one part gory horror, one part freak show and one part art exhibition.
The Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) rocketed into Parliament and the country’s provincial legislatures on a ticket of revolution, evolution and genuine social change.
Why spend your spare change on a seafront home in Cape Town or a well-appointed log cabin somewhere in the Drakensberg when you could buy your own island instead?
The SABC has refused to screen a series of City Press TV ads that depict scenes related to the Marikana massacre, e-tolling and Julius Malema’s Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF).
Growing up as a middle class white girl in Cape Town’s southern suburbs in the mid-1990s, I didn’t fear much
Motherhood, it has been suggested, is the hardest job in the world – and that’s particularly true for women trying to raise their children on the African continent.
Standing next to a clean, blank whiteboard, a felt-tipped board pen in his hand, Economic Development Minister Ebrahim Patel looks every inch the teacher – and his subject is construction.
City Press on Twitter
- Efforts stepped up to get remaining 11 bodies home from Nigeria: http://t.co/EhH54HQ9SK 3 hours ago
- German man blows himself up after family fight: http://t.co/9COIxSYhDO 3 hours ago
- #Nkandla: The ANC will never turn a blind eye to corruption and crime, writes Stone Sizani: http://t.co/xFAkVlHdbb 3 hours ago
- Bill Cosby won’t dignify claims of sexual abuse with a response – lawyer: http://t.co/ab6y6LyRVi 4 hours ago
- The Ingonyama Trust is taking over KwaZulu-Natal, one hectare at a time: http://t.co/SW8LzPX7L4 4 hours ago
Tuesday. I’m catching up on some reading after a week of higher learning. A pretty damned fine gig. Hanging around Wits, learning shit from cats not much older than my offspring, Small James and Big James.
The silence is about protecting white male privilege, which is under scrutiny in South Africa’s university system.
The ANC has lost moral authority. The public, even its voting public, no longer believes the party will do the right thing.