Young South Africans live in a time and space “where filters are not encouraged” – and this means some white youngsters believe they are merely “calling a spade a spade” when they make racist comments, says the Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR).
South Africa is the continental destination of choice for the world’s megawealthy, followed by Morocco, Egypt and Kenya.
The sense of unity among South Africans is at its lowest level since the heady days of the 2010 soccer World Cup, new research reveals.
Statistics South Africa (Stats SA) this week released its Marriages and Divorces 2012 report, which looks at trends in happy beginnings and unhappy endings.
Do blacks hate whites? Do whites hate blacks? This was explored by writer Nat Nakasa in 1958 in an investigation for Drum magazine. Now, 56 years later and two decades into democracy, race is still an issue in SA.
Prophet. Healer. Charlatan. TB Joshua has been called all of these things during his rise to prominence as one of Nigeria and the continent’s most recognised evangelists.
- Watch – Suspicious plane to blame for church collapse, says TB Joshua
- Building collapse was the 4th disaster to hit Nigeria church
- Watch – SA mourns with families of 67 killed in Nigeria
- Still unclear how many South Africans hurt in Nigeria church collapse
- 67 South Africans killed in Nigeria church collapse
You can’t escape the visceral destruction of Gaza.
Last year Miley Cyrus’ bottom hogged all the attention at the MTV Video Music Awards when she gyrated it against Robin Thicke during their performance.
The book, set in America’s decaying industrial heartland, Detroit, begins with a crime scene that is one part gory horror, one part freak show and one part art exhibition.
The Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) rocketed into Parliament and the country’s provincial legislatures on a ticket of revolution, evolution and genuine social change.
Why spend your spare change on a seafront home in Cape Town or a well-appointed log cabin somewhere in the Drakensberg when you could buy your own island instead?
The SABC has refused to screen a series of City Press TV ads that depict scenes related to the Marikana massacre, e-tolling and Julius Malema’s Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF).
City Press on Twitter
- MT @andimakinana: Agang SA's Andries Tlouamma: You have to accept ANC is blessed with true warriors, and Minister #Chabane was one of those! 3 hours ago
- To fight racism, let’s agree on what it is, writes Ebrahim Harvey: http://t.co/zRXKePDxgo 3 hours ago
- RT @ladyDmajie: why get married when not matured yet and still stupid?did you understand the meaning of the vows u made? 3 hours ago
- RT @Engi_EJ: so u want jade to pray for you or help you break up with a married man or tell ur married man why he should use condom?? 3 hours ago
- RT @STloane: @Lindaklopper haaibo do we still have the kind of women who feel free to talk about infedility so openly on social media... 3 hours ago
Wednesday. The Croc (photographer Khaya Ngwenya) andI are hanging out with Riyana Bujram. Riyana’s this fearless, in charge-of-the world three-year-old.
The debate on the role of intellectuals in post-apartheid South Africa is uninspiring and boring.
The debate in Parliament this week revealed a remarkable generational and political shift in South Africa. Two young political leaders, Julius Malema, leader of the Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF), and the leader of the opposition DA in Parliament, Mmusi Maimane, extracted an unprecedented level of accountability from President Jacob Zuma.