Young South Africans live in a time and space “where filters are not encouraged” – and this means some white youngsters believe they are merely “calling a spade a spade” when they make racist comments, says the Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR).
South Africa is the continental destination of choice for the world’s megawealthy, followed by Morocco, Egypt and Kenya.
The sense of unity among South Africans is at its lowest level since the heady days of the 2010 soccer World Cup, new research reveals.
Statistics South Africa (Stats SA) this week released its Marriages and Divorces 2012 report, which looks at trends in happy beginnings and unhappy endings.
Do blacks hate whites? Do whites hate blacks? This was explored by writer Nat Nakasa in 1958 in an investigation for Drum magazine. Now, 56 years later and two decades into democracy, race is still an issue in SA.
Prophet. Healer. Charlatan. TB Joshua has been called all of these things during his rise to prominence as one of Nigeria and the continent’s most recognised evangelists.
- Watch – Suspicious plane to blame for church collapse, says TB Joshua
- Building collapse was the 4th disaster to hit Nigeria church
- Watch – SA mourns with families of 67 killed in Nigeria
- Still unclear how many South Africans hurt in Nigeria church collapse
- 67 South Africans killed in Nigeria church collapse
You can’t escape the visceral destruction of Gaza.
Last year Miley Cyrus’ bottom hogged all the attention at the MTV Video Music Awards when she gyrated it against Robin Thicke during their performance.
The book, set in America’s decaying industrial heartland, Detroit, begins with a crime scene that is one part gory horror, one part freak show and one part art exhibition.
The Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) rocketed into Parliament and the country’s provincial legislatures on a ticket of revolution, evolution and genuine social change.
Why spend your spare change on a seafront home in Cape Town or a well-appointed log cabin somewhere in the Drakensberg when you could buy your own island instead?
The SABC has refused to screen a series of City Press TV ads that depict scenes related to the Marikana massacre, e-tolling and Julius Malema’s Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF).
City Press on Twitter
- Zuma cancels state visit to focus on govt response to xenophobic attacks: http://t.co/MN29viNTmE by @mbanjwax 4 hours ago
- MOST READ: King Zwelithini calls imbizo against xenophobia: http://t.co/WODmId2m8y 5 hours ago
- MOST READ: Parents planned to burn down school – Lesufi: http://t.co/UhPUNwhJE0 5 hours ago
- MOST READ: Teacher suspended after he is filmed slapping, insulting pupils: http://t.co/4w4FNz8NPe 6 hours ago
- “Words can’t describe how I feel at the moment. I never expected this,” says long jumper Ruswahl Samaai: http://t.co/tLBYyPNqVe 6 hours ago
Rhodes was a nasty piece of work. The statue should have been pulled down and given to the Apartheid Museum in about May 1994.
Cosatu spin doctor Patrick Craven will be remembered as one of the best propagandists who marshaled the federation in supporting Jacob Zuma’s march to power.
One of South Africa’s most exciting soccer stars, Jabu Mahlangu, once opened up about his alcohol addiction, saying that things got so bad, there were times he was drunk when he took to the pitch.