While a man was shot dead and another wounded in an apparent road rage attack in Joburg this morning, across town a prominent city gynaecologist was involved in an altercation with a taxi driver.
I haven’t watched TV in what seems like an age. Mainly because my children beg me to lie down with them in their beds before they fall asleep.
What do you do when you have a horizontal husband, two small children and a demanding job?
To be honest, I have no idea how to start this blog. I’m Nicki, by the way, the features editor at City Press and in this department, mercifully, I know what I’m doing. About motherhood? Not so much.
It may not have been the most auspicious week for Joburg Mayor Parks Tau to deliver his state of the city address.
It used to be depicted in moody black-and-white photographs, with smoke from coal fires hovering above matchbox houses.
City Press on Twitter
- MT @errolbsk: commission should be called off.never meant to reveal anything "2 ‘undermined’ evidence leaders quit #armsdeal commission" 3 hours ago
- Two ‘undermined’ evidence leaders quit arms deal commission: http://t.co/prbswunjKB by @CharlduPlessc 3 hours ago
- Adele’s son (1) wins damages for paparazzi shots: http://t.co/zwGM5qiZlc 3 hours ago
- Kyalami to be auctioned today - reserve price R200m: http://t.co/JUK3H0KjBH 4 hours ago
- ‘Serial killer’ student caught with murdered woman’s hairpin in his possession: http://t.co/KgbQYX0H02 4 hours ago
- 40 000 join Cape Town protest against Israeli attacks
- How Hlaudi Motsoeneng lied in SABC application: 4 E’s and an F in ‘matric’
- Why SA men have far less sex than the global average
- Transnet faces biggest class action in SA history over stripping of pension fund assets
- 10 steps to develop black professors
Saturday. The Croc and I are up bright and early. Impolitely so, if you ask me, but we don’t have a choice. The Commander in Chief is in town so that’s that.
Honestly, do we really need the department of public works? Has it brought us anything but embarrassment and scandal?