My increasingly wild life has led to an unseemly absence from my blog.
I haven’t watched TV in what seems like an age. Mainly because my children beg me to lie down with them in their beds before they fall asleep.
What do you do when you have a horizontal husband, two small children and a demanding job?
To be honest, I have no idea how to start this blog. I’m Nicki, by the way, the features editor at City Press and in this department, mercifully, I know what I’m doing. About motherhood? Not so much.
It may not have been the most auspicious week for Joburg Mayor Parks Tau to deliver his state of the city address.
It used to be depicted in moody black-and-white photographs, with smoke from coal fires hovering above matchbox houses.
For four days, starting on April 30, the family, which owns Sahara Computers, The New Age newspaper, and Oakbay Investments, are taking over Sun City’s luxurious Palace of the Lost City, the Superbowl, and the Valley of Waves.
City Press on Twitter
- 9 ways in which you can pay tribute to Madiba in the next 9 days: http://t.co/TxEMaZoAbe by @carienduplessis #RIPNelsonMandela 3 hours ago
- RT @athi_saba: The crowd starts to disperse but songs can still be heard #RIPNelsonMandela 4 hours ago
- MT @athi_saba: #RIPNelsonMandela: "Imagine being a nation without hope and faith" says the preacher 4 hours ago
- RT @athi_saba: The ANC truck is turned into a stage, mega speakers and all #RIPNelsonMandela 4 hours ago
- MT @athi_saba: #RIPNelsonMandela Little girls going round offering cake to the crowd at the Houghton home. So sweet... 4 hours ago