I last saw Nadine at her home in Parktown West, Joburg. We spent about two hours chatting on the veranda just after 2pm on July 12 last year.
In the first of a two-part series, Njabulo S Ndebele details the Guptas’ landing at Waterkloof and the role played by . . .
Deplorable conditions at schools indicate a failure of our national imagination to conceive of anything better for our children, writes Njabulo S Ndebele
Amílcar Cabral, the great African revolutionary who led Guinea-Bissau and Cape Verde’s struggle against Portuguese colonialism, combined a strong intellect with a deep passion for his country and its people.
Nkandla is carving its place in our history as a major test of a people’s character. Few things in recent times will test the capacity of the people of South Africa to honour the truth. Public and private institutions all face the test.
A story has seized hold of me again, not that it ever let go from when I first came across it in 2007. After Tears is the title of the novel that tells the story.
City Press on Twitter
- TALKING POINT: Musician Kelly Khumalo says she is a feminist and represents what women are about. http://t.co/AKxx4nFpV8 Have your say. 3 hours ago
- Toddlers swapped at birth ‘should stay with the families who raised them’: http://t.co/y7QySJVsGw 3 hours ago
- Lonmin gets full BEE credits: http://t.co/6klKuBaP8T 3 hours ago
- VIDEO: Kelly Khumalo: I represent what women are about: http://t.co/s717OF1jwi by @Thuls11 #SenzoMeyiwa 3 hours ago
- Springboks make 8 changes for Wales Test: http://t.co/ItDALYcBC6 4 hours ago
Wednesday. I’m hungry. I’m thinking about Doctor Hunter S Thomson.
The recent behaviour displayed by our parliamentarians is disturbing, with the name-calling, shouting and refusal to obey the rules of the House.
There is nothing as sweet as a hard-earned victory. Ask Bafana Bafana. They should be over the moon at qualifying for next year’s Africa Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea.