I last saw Nadine at her home in Parktown West, Joburg. We spent about two hours chatting on the veranda just after 2pm on July 12 last year.
In the first of a two-part series, Njabulo S Ndebele details the Guptas’ landing at Waterkloof and the role played by . . .
Deplorable conditions at schools indicate a failure of our national imagination to conceive of anything better for our children, writes Njabulo S Ndebele
Amílcar Cabral, the great African revolutionary who led Guinea-Bissau and Cape Verde’s struggle against Portuguese colonialism, combined a strong intellect with a deep passion for his country and its people.
Nkandla is carving its place in our history as a major test of a people’s character. Few things in recent times will test the capacity of the people of South Africa to honour the truth. Public and private institutions all face the test.
A story has seized hold of me again, not that it ever let go from when I first came across it in 2007. After Tears is the title of the novel that tells the story.
City Press on Twitter
- GALLERY: SA remembers fallen heroes: http://t.co/rAnMYnSEOV #memorialservice 3 hours ago
- Luke Tibbetts accused released after admitting guilt: http://t.co/1goWpspZhe 4 hours ago
- Judge allegedly took R150 000 to make extradition case ‘disappear’: http://t.co/KUgbNBwtOj 4 hours ago
- #SenzoMeyiwa: Suspect arrested: http://t.co/YThThnnPgm 4 hours ago
- MT @TashJoeZA: BREAKING: Gauteng police sources confirm a suspect in the #SenzoMeyiwa murder has been arrested at the Beit Bridge border. 4 hours ago
With back-to-back fashion weeks in Johannesburg, Malibongwe Tyilo maps out the treacherous fashion week ecosystem and its various species
Please stop telling me about respect because you only have oppression, corruption and ageism to give in return. Do not hide your incapacity, insecurity and unintelligibility with age – it’s stale and it’s embarrassing.
Yes, there is good news on Ebola. Nigeria and Senegal have been declared Ebola-free. This is a reflection of good governance. Nigeria learnt from a previous polio outbreak to lock down a breakout to prevent a pandemic.