I last saw Nadine at her home in Parktown West, Joburg. We spent about two hours chatting on the veranda just after 2pm on July 12 last year.
In the first of a two-part series, Njabulo S Ndebele details the Guptas’ landing at Waterkloof and the role played by . . .
Deplorable conditions at schools indicate a failure of our national imagination to conceive of anything better for our children, writes Njabulo S Ndebele
Amílcar Cabral, the great African revolutionary who led Guinea-Bissau and Cape Verde’s struggle against Portuguese colonialism, combined a strong intellect with a deep passion for his country and its people.
Nkandla is carving its place in our history as a major test of a people’s character. Few things in recent times will test the capacity of the people of South Africa to honour the truth. Public and private institutions all face the test.
A story has seized hold of me again, not that it ever let go from when I first came across it in 2007. After Tears is the title of the novel that tells the story.
City Press on Twitter
- Sars prolonging Malema tax issue for political reasons – lawyer: http://t.co/nWPT8jq4jw 2 hours ago
- #Flabba’s girlfriend granted R10 000 bail: http://t.co/CBMquuwiKM by @Ntombi_Makhoba 3 hours ago
- Sizwe Nxasana: CEOs shouldn’t be in position for more than 10 years: http://t.co/ZoyeJc5YbK 3 hours ago
- The state has a weak case against Sindisiwe Manqele, says her lawyer. #Flabba @Ntombi_Makhoba 4 hours ago
- "I haven’t climaxed in 10 years": #Trending’s resident sex coach, @JadeZwane, answers some of your burning questions: http://t.co/luulaL260T 4 hours ago
Wednesday. The Croc (photographer Khaya Ngwenya) andI are hanging out with Riyana Bujram. Riyana’s this fearless, in charge-of-the world three-year-old.
The debate on the role of intellectuals in post-apartheid South Africa is uninspiring and boring.
The debate in Parliament this week revealed a remarkable generational and political shift in South Africa. Two young political leaders, Julius Malema, leader of the Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF), and the leader of the opposition DA in Parliament, Mmusi Maimane, extracted an unprecedented level of accountability from President Jacob Zuma.