I last saw Nadine at her home in Parktown West, Joburg. We spent about two hours chatting on the veranda just after 2pm on July 12 last year.
In the first of a two-part series, Njabulo S Ndebele details the Guptas’ landing at Waterkloof and the role played by . . .
Deplorable conditions at schools indicate a failure of our national imagination to conceive of anything better for our children, writes Njabulo S Ndebele
Amílcar Cabral, the great African revolutionary who led Guinea-Bissau and Cape Verde’s struggle against Portuguese colonialism, combined a strong intellect with a deep passion for his country and its people.
Nkandla is carving its place in our history as a major test of a people’s character. Few things in recent times will test the capacity of the people of South Africa to honour the truth. Public and private institutions all face the test.
A story has seized hold of me again, not that it ever let go from when I first came across it in 2007. After Tears is the title of the novel that tells the story.
City Press on Twitter
- City Press book prize winner announced: http://t.co/q9a7bbdDxm by Bongani Kona 2 hours ago
- MT @mbanjwax: Gordhan: Leadership means that you have to get out of your offices and be see in the streets, pick dirt ourselves. #GovtSummit 2 hours ago
- TribeOne gig crashes before take off: http://t.co/PVjFOCHSeH by @Athi_Saba 2 hours ago
- MT @mbanjwax: Gordhan: Getting back to basics means we must listen to people. Put people first, good governance & sound financial management 2 hours ago
- RT @mbanjwax: Gordhan: In the next few months we expect you (MECs) to remove municipal officials who were wrongly appointed. #GovtSummit 2 hours ago
Tuesday morning. The beginning of the working week for us Tuesday-to-Saturday punters.
I heard with shock when insults were elevated to another level by Kebby Maphatsoe, a leader of government who audaciously called Public Protector Thuli Madonsela a CIA spy and accused her of undermining the ANC.
The decision by the Northern Cape education department to close down schools in Kuruman for the rest of the year is a tragic and regrettable one.