There are certain muti practices some wealthy and powerful people like to pretend they would never engage in, even though they may admit to knowing of “other people” who do them.
Whatever happened to Oprah? We know she’s got a network, but isn’t it strange that this once omnipresent woman has slipped from the forefront of our minds so quickly?
Growing up, there were few things that elicited more excitement and curiosity in the rural neighbourhood than the arrival of a furniture-store van to deliver goods.
Our pages have been filled with news and stories of statistics regarding gender-based violence and the abuse, assault and violation of women and girls. One that received great prominence was the case of Anene Booysens.
When the National Press Club made its announcement for Newsmaker of the Year 2012, black people seemingly lost out to animals yet again on the list of white people’s concerns. It should have been Marikana.
City Press on Twitter
- @City_Press: BLOG: The most narcissistic guy on the net, radio-host-turned-chef Sanzalicious & a long walk to Cannes http://t.co/RoZsAdb4hC #poptartology
- @City_Press: #Guptagate: How Bruce Koloane name-dropped the Guptas into Waterkloof: http://t.co/2CUz9DFfgB
- @City_Press: GALLERY: The Oklahoma tornado in numbers: http://t.co/oJfWTam3Mo
- @City_Press: Intelligence service fails SA, says former top cop Fivaz: http://t.co/ijdHqgNbeE
- @City_Press: City seeks interdict against toilet disrupters: http://t.co/bi82oHIW62
- Cpt: 14 - 19°C
- Pta: 10 - 22°C
- Jhb: 8 - 18°C
- Bloem: 4 - 21°C
- Dbn: 14 - 26°C
- PE: 15 - 21°C