There are certain muti practices some wealthy and powerful people like to pretend they would never engage in, even though they may admit to knowing of “other people” who do them.
Whatever happened to Oprah? We know she’s got a network, but isn’t it strange that this once omnipresent woman has slipped from the forefront of our minds so quickly?
Growing up, there were few things that elicited more excitement and curiosity in the rural neighbourhood than the arrival of a furniture-store van to deliver goods.
Our pages have been filled with news and stories of statistics regarding gender-based violence and the abuse, assault and violation of women and girls. One that received great prominence was the case of Anene Booysens.
When the National Press Club made its announcement for Newsmaker of the Year 2012, black people seemingly lost out to animals yet again on the list of white people’s concerns. It should have been Marikana.
City Press on Twitter
- ‘One day a child will die’: http://t.co/FLBUWhpiRc 10 hours ago
- Sizwe Nxasana: CEOs shouldn’t be in position for more than 10 years: http://t.co/kDvw7UXLZS 11 hours ago
- Are African-Americans a displaced tribe? http://t.co/TyIULDPPaW #Trending by @the_rantingpony 11 hours ago
- How Czech fugitive Radovan Krejcir and the estate of slain Teazers boss Lolly Jackson finally lost their exotic cars: http://t.co/f6k5tZQtpL 11 hours ago
- ‘I loved him. I didn’t mean to kill him’ – Flabba's girlfriend, Sindisiwe Manqele: http://t.co/rImPHeCYI2 12 hours ago
Wednesday. The Croc (photographer Khaya Ngwenya) andI are hanging out with Riyana Bujram. Riyana’s this fearless, in charge-of-the world three-year-old.
The debate on the role of intellectuals in post-apartheid South Africa is uninspiring and boring.
The debate in Parliament this week revealed a remarkable generational and political shift in South Africa. Two young political leaders, Julius Malema, leader of the Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF), and the leader of the opposition DA in Parliament, Mmusi Maimane, extracted an unprecedented level of accountability from President Jacob Zuma.