I first heard about Aids in a magazine. I was nine years old and reading through things that many people thought my mother should not be letting me read.
City Press on Twitter
- RT @PolokoTau: Limpopo police confirms man sought for shooting Boy Mamabolo handed himself over this morning; due to appear in court. 3 hours ago
- Ministerial overload: @ferialhaffajee wonders what’s the point of having so many deputy ministers: http://t.co/yyzH4pGtTF 4 hours ago
- Jeff Radebe overlooked white candidate for promotion – Solidarity: http://t.co/Lj8F85B6FJ 15 hours ago
- Lessons from the sex auntie: http://t.co/AVwnotRjnR #Trending 16 hours ago
- R102m seized at Lanseria raises questions – NPA: http://t.co/ivtktghvX5 17 hours ago
Friday. We’re at King Goodwill Zwelithini’s eNyokeni Palace at Nongoma for the annual Reed Dance.
I heard with shock when insults were elevated to another level by Kebby Maphatsoe, a leader of government who audaciously called Public Protector Thuli Madonsela a CIA spy and accused her of undermining the ANC.
The decision by the Northern Cape education department to close down schools in Kuruman for the rest of the year is a tragic and regrettable one.