I first heard about Aids in a magazine. I was nine years old and reading through things that many people thought my mother should not be letting me read.
City Press on Twitter
- Numsa disgusts our members – Popcru: http://t.co/WEXu1tH8FD 3 hours ago
- No evidence Dewani committed crime – lawyers: http://t.co/fJ599TaiOF 3 hours ago
- LETTER: Why are white professors silent on lack of black scholars? http://t.co/tj3PugkLo9 3 hours ago
- Zim vice-president ready to fight treason accusations: http://t.co/v6XPVr9sv2 4 hours ago
- MOST READ: The R1.7bn profit pie: http://t.co/txopR6e5Gr 4 hours ago
Tuesday. I’m catching up on some reading after a week of higher learning. A pretty damned fine gig. Hanging around Wits, learning shit from cats not much older than my offspring, Small James and Big James.
The silence is about protecting white male privilege, which is under scrutiny in South Africa’s university system.
The ANC has lost moral authority. The public, even its voting public, no longer believes the party will do the right thing.