Saturday. The Croc and I are in Ulundi. Again. We’re waiting, but not for the Commander in Chief. This time. The CiC’s here, but he’s not the reason why we’re waiting.
‘Anyone who has planned that they are going to fight Sadtu must know we will fight back.”
He may be turning 86 next month but Mangosuthu Buthelezi sure knows how to dance.
King Goodwill Zwelithini has tied the knot with his sixth wife, Queen Zola Mafu, at a massive traditional ceremony in Ulundi.
People are trickling into Ulundi’s football stadium ahead of the wedding by custom and tradition later today of King Goodwill Zwelithini and his sixth wife, Queen Zola Mafu.
Saturday. The Croc and I are up bright and early. Impolitely so, if you ask me, but we don’t have a choice. The Commander in Chief is in town so that’s that.
AmaHlubi King Mthimkhulu III wants to claim most of South Africa’s eastern seaboard on behalf of his people.
Deputy President Cyril Ramaphosa has called on all ANC members and South Africans to emulate Nelson Mandela’s progressive thoughts and actions in their daily lives.
Residents of Pongola’s Ncotshane township are uneasy ahead of the funeral on Saturday of murdered four-year-old Lungisani “Kiki’’ Ntuli, whose dismembered body was found in a bag in a building at a local church two weeks ago.
Monday. The World Cup’s over. Done. Dead. Just like that the dreaded annual pre-season football drought is here. Bad times are upon us again.
Workers laying a water pipeline behind the house of a priest this week made a horrifying discovery at the edge of the Pongola property: a pile of partially burnt bones, which they believe are human.
Thursday. The Croc and I are hanging in Ulundi. Ulundi’s a weird place. I should know. I lived there for a year back when the Grumpy Prince was running the place.
City Press on Twitter
- Metal sector wage deal ‘a product of sweat and bitter struggles’: http://t.co/vSVhzWmN2P 8 hours ago
- Happy Feet: Snoop Dogg is now making socks: http://t.co/nUHZIr4ch4 10 hours ago
- MT @cousinNorman: No. And they won't have the money either. "Will government have enough time to process all the #land claims?" 10 hours ago
- MT @RyanPaulJames89: Can they show us the success stories from the first phase? "Will govt have enough time to process all #land claims?" 10 hours ago
- MT @mariahorton14: Like with all other issues, maybe appoint&pay consultants!?? "Will govt have enough time to process all #land claims?" 10 hours ago
- Cpt: 11 - 19°C
- Pta: 8 - 19°C
- Jhb: 6 - 14°C
- Bloem: 3 - 18°C
- Dbn: 11 - 22°C
- PE: 9 - 22°C
In the wake of Mandela Day, Milisithando Bongela questions what the pervasive image of Madiba and the narrative of ‘reconciliation’ really means.
Readers react cynically to the news that Public Works Minister Thulas Nxesi is cracking the whip over Nkandla spending
The era of having your cake and eating it seems to be coming to an end for government officials suspended on full pay. That’s if Public Service and Administration Minister Collins Chabane gets his way.