An Algerian match official scheduled to referee the Bafana Bafana-Sudan Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in Durban last weekend was arrested on the morning of the game for allegedly attempting to rape a hotel cleaner.
Controversial Nkandlagate contractor Thandeka Nene, who was fingered by the Special Investigating Unit and the Public Protector for scooping a cool R78 million in inflated costs, has reinvented herself as a “mentor’’ for emerging construction companies wanting to make money out of government contracts.
Tuesday. I’m catching up on some reading after a week of higher learning. A pretty damned fine gig. Hanging around Wits, learning shit from cats not much older than my offspring, Small James and Big James.
When slain Orlando Pirates and Bafana Bafana captain Senzo Meyiwa was in his early teens, he came up against the first serious obstacle to achieving his dream of becoming a professional footballer.
Kelly Khumalo wasn’t at her partner Senzo Meyiwa’s funeral in Durban yesterday – and one incident early in the day suggested the crowd wouldn’t have welcomed her.
Hawks investigators have started interviewing potential witnesses in KwaZulu-Natal and other provinces as they probe allegations of misconduct against Deputy National Director of Public Prosecutions (NDPP), Advocate Nomgcobo Jiba.
KwaZulu-Natal’s powerful provincial South African Democratic Teachers Union (Sadtu) secretary, Mbuyiseni Mathonsi, has been appointed premier Senzo Mchunu’s chief of staff.
Afzul Rehman believes local government must be run as a business, with ratepayers receiving the maximum return on their investment.
The ANC leadership in KwaZulu-Natal has taken over the running of several of its 11 regional elective conferences to prevent infighting over posts and ensure that things run smoothly.
The police in KwaZulu-Natal are running out of cops to suspend.
City Press on Twitter
- Voting begins in Western Cape by-elections: http://t.co/FOSoRnh3eo 3 hours ago
- RT @mbanjwax: That's the end of the press briefing on #AGaudits after a lengthy Q&A session with Frolick & Makwetu. 3 hours ago
- MT @mbanjwax: Makwetu: You may have financial people in your dept but they don't know how to put a financial statement together. #AGaudits 3 hours ago
- MT @mbanjwax: Makwetu: Some CFOs in finance departments do not have basic skills & run around to consultants for assistance #AGaudits 3 hours ago
- MT @mbanjwax: Makwetu: Irregular expenditure is when officials are supposed to buy a truck for waste removal & they buy a Merc SLK #AGaudits 3 hours ago
Wednesday. I’m hungry. I’m thinking about Doctor Hunter S Thomson.
The recent behaviour displayed by our parliamentarians is disturbing, with the name-calling, shouting and refusal to obey the rules of the House.
There is nothing as sweet as a hard-earned victory. Ask Bafana Bafana. They should be over the moon at qualifying for next year’s Africa Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea.