Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions. French thinker Blaise Pascal said this at the height of his power in the 1600s.
There probably could not have been a better time for the Stevenson Gallery to hang an exhibition of Jane Alexander’s work at their Joburg premises.
Leon Schuster is back on the cinema circuit with yet another prank-filled movie. This one’s titled Schuks! Your Country Needs You.
The ANC’s regular gala dinners are fast becoming a barometer for the amount of kitsch the ruling party can sell to itself.
Reggie September, who died this week at his Cape Town home, would be remembered as one of the great veterans of our struggle, Essop Pahad said yesterday.
Is it just me, or is it becoming increasingly difficult to celebrate masculinity in public these days?
South African comedian Trevor Noah has hit the US jackpot: he’s tipped to star in his own TV show to be aired on the Fox network.
Social networks were abuzz with defiant tweets and Facebook posts of President Jacob Zuma’s Nkandla home this week.
The idea of a white president in South Africa works on the battered souls of the formerly oppressed like a return to apartheid. Cyril Ramaphosa and his bros at Luthuli House understand this.
Magazine editor-turned-crooner and songwriter talks to Percy Mabandu about his not-so-easy road to success
Why are arts and culture important?
The last of businessman Brett Kebble’s art bounty recently went on auction at Bonhams in London for R2.8m in a bid to repay the slain mogul’s debts. Percy Mabandu looks at the art-auction phenomenon locally and abroad.
City Press on Twitter
- RT @ferialhaffajee: .@City_Press on Sunday And there's not a word about Nkandla. 4 hours ago
- RT @ferialhaffajee: .@City_Press Our tribute edition's a keeper, even if I say so myself. On Sunday and Simply beautiful in its honour. 4 hours ago
- RT @ferialhaffajee: .@City_Press on Sunday Graca, there until the very end. A pillar, a rock, a friend, a lover. #Madiba 4 hours ago
- RT @ferialhaffajee: .@City_Press on Sunday. Madiba: his final hours, by Debora Patta. 4 hours ago
- MT @carienduplessis: Just read @Debora_Patta's story on Madiba on p3 of tomorrow's @City_Press. You'll do yourself a disservice if you don't 4 hours ago