I ran into the famously jazz-crazy artist Sam Nhlengethwa at the hanging of his latest show at the Goodman Gallery in Joburg last week.
Standard Bank Joy of Jazz is upon us and offers three particularly strong streams of talent: trumpeters, vocalist and pianists.
‘When words leave off, music begins,” wrote German poet Heinrich Heine.
The Sea Point promenade in Cape Town now sports its very own rhinoceros.
The current political dispensation was inaugurated on the back of kangas, postcoital showers and accusations of forced or violent sexual encounters.
The Goodman Gallery is collaborating with global nongovernmental organisation Orange Babies in a creative project that mixes art and philanthropy.
Electronic music lovers have just been treated to perhaps the most highly anticipated release in almost a decade – Felix Laband has just produced three hot new tunes.
For a rising number of the so-called nouveau riche blacks, the new plateau brings with it a fascinating kind of existential crisis.
There’s a new Muslim comic star on the rise. His name is YaaseenBarnes.Percy Mabandu gives him a ring
2Bop is, without question, starting to own the high end of South Africa’s rising streetwear market.
There’s something about times of great excitement that make fundamental change in the world possible.
Anyone attempting to tell the terrible story of the Marikana massacre through musical theatre faces an impossible task.
City Press on Twitter
- Place your bets at the Met with our handy guide: http://t.co/F2d9tU2DlK 3 hours ago
- Bafana grounded in Mongomo after chartered flight fails to arrive: http://t.co/abOFk26niY by @TimSpiritMolobi #Afcon2015 4 hours ago
- Co-pilot was flying crashed AirAsia plane: http://t.co/TYq7fmty5m 4 hours ago
- Low risk of power cuts: Eskom: http://t.co/AJWtz4uOX4 4 hours ago
- School ‘sorts classes according to race’ : http://t.co/AbR9dAbQ04 5 hours ago
I run because I run, and lately it feels like I’ve been running for my life.
From the corridors of Parliament to the beautiful plains of Giyani, the notion of a rainbow nation is sung out as an obvious reality.
Former president Thabo Mbeki made a promise to the world in July 2008.