I ran into the famously jazz-crazy artist Sam Nhlengethwa at the hanging of his latest show at the Goodman Gallery in Joburg last week.
Standard Bank Joy of Jazz is upon us and offers three particularly strong streams of talent: trumpeters, vocalist and pianists.
‘When words leave off, music begins,” wrote German poet Heinrich Heine.
The Sea Point promenade in Cape Town now sports its very own rhinoceros.
The current political dispensation was inaugurated on the back of kangas, postcoital showers and accusations of forced or violent sexual encounters.
The Goodman Gallery is collaborating with global nongovernmental organisation Orange Babies in a creative project that mixes art and philanthropy.
Electronic music lovers have just been treated to perhaps the most highly anticipated release in almost a decade – Felix Laband has just produced three hot new tunes.
For a rising number of the so-called nouveau riche blacks, the new plateau brings with it a fascinating kind of existential crisis.
There’s a new Muslim comic star on the rise. His name is YaaseenBarnes.Percy Mabandu gives him a ring
2Bop is, without question, starting to own the high end of South Africa’s rising streetwear market.
There’s something about times of great excitement that make fundamental change in the world possible.
Anyone attempting to tell the terrible story of the Marikana massacre through musical theatre faces an impossible task.
City Press on Twitter
- Zuma cancels state visit to focus on govt response to xenophobic attacks: http://t.co/MN29viNTmE by @mbanjwax 4 hours ago
- MOST READ: King Zwelithini calls imbizo against xenophobia: http://t.co/WODmId2m8y 6 hours ago
- MOST READ: Parents planned to burn down school – Lesufi: http://t.co/UhPUNwhJE0 6 hours ago
- MOST READ: Teacher suspended after he is filmed slapping, insulting pupils: http://t.co/4w4FNz8NPe 6 hours ago
- “Words can’t describe how I feel at the moment. I never expected this,” says long jumper Ruswahl Samaai: http://t.co/tLBYyPNqVe 7 hours ago
Rhodes was a nasty piece of work. The statue should have been pulled down and given to the Apartheid Museum in about May 1994.
Cosatu spin doctor Patrick Craven will be remembered as one of the best propagandists who marshaled the federation in supporting Jacob Zuma’s march to power.
One of South Africa’s most exciting soccer stars, Jabu Mahlangu, once opened up about his alcohol addiction, saying that things got so bad, there were times he was drunk when he took to the pitch.