‘When words leave off, music begins,” wrote German poet Heinrich Heine.
The Sea Point promenade in Cape Town now sports its very own rhinoceros.
The current political dispensation was inaugurated on the back of kangas, postcoital showers and accusations of forced or violent sexual encounters.
The Goodman Gallery is collaborating with global nongovernmental organisation Orange Babies in a creative project that mixes art and philanthropy.
Electronic music lovers have just been treated to perhaps the most highly anticipated release in almost a decade – Felix Laband has just produced three hot new tunes.
For a rising number of the so-called nouveau riche blacks, the new plateau brings with it a fascinating kind of existential crisis.
There’s a new Muslim comic star on the rise. His name is YaaseenBarnes.Percy Mabandu gives him a ring
2Bop is, without question, starting to own the high end of South Africa’s rising streetwear market.
There’s something about times of great excitement that make fundamental change in the world possible.
Anyone attempting to tell the terrible story of the Marikana massacre through musical theatre faces an impossible task.
Award-winning South African photographer Herman Verwey visited two abandoned buildings in the Tshwane CBD and came away with a disturbingly beautiful portrait of the city as a wasteland
With the expected Grahamstown cold still being held at bay, revellers at the National Arts Festival got a different kind of chill in their bones. Audiences found themselves in the ghostly rapture of Kyle Shepherd’s new music.
City Press on Twitter
- Jacob Lebogo remains in custody after Boy Mamabolo shooting: http://t.co/9iwyGYz4BR by @PolokoTau 3 hours ago
- A fresh season of entertainment comes to a TV near you: http://t.co/czAjJ0Jrqe by Siyabonga Sithole 4 hours ago
- SABC’s Ellen Tshabalala to be chopped from Transnet board: http://t.co/9pkbOgn3CV by @carienduplessis 4 hours ago
- MT @charlduplessc: #BalekaMbete Holomisa will write to ethics committee to ask this Speaker to explain her alleged role in Goldfields saga 4 hours ago
- RT @charlduplessc: Mbalula: To be rude and disrespectful has nothing to do with being revolutionary. #BalekaMbete 4 hours ago
Tuesday morning. The beginning of the working week for us Tuesday-to-Saturday punters.
I heard with shock when insults were elevated to another level by Kebby Maphatsoe, a leader of government who audaciously called Public Protector Thuli Madonsela a CIA spy and accused her of undermining the ANC.
The decision by the Northern Cape education department to close down schools in Kuruman for the rest of the year is a tragic and regrettable one.