Last Thursday was a bad day in modern Arab history. The four leading Arab cities of recent eras – Baghdad, Damascus, Beirut and Cairo – were all
Rami G Khouri
I support the will of the Egyptian people because, in my book, any citizenry that once worshipped cats, and more recently removed two autocratic military and theocratic-thugocratic regimes, is a citizenry defined by wisdom and sensibility.
Since the late 1970s, Israeli society has been moving steadily to the right in three main trajectories: greater reliance on military force as a primary foreign policy tool; more policy making and social influence by religious Jews; and a growing nationalist commitment to a greater Israel concept that includes building new settlements and preventing the birth of a Palestinian state in the West Bank and Gaza.
City Press on Twitter
- RT @kaymorizm: Been an action packed two overs which saw the fall of 3 wickets. India 66/4 after 16 overs #SAvInd 3 hours ago
- Joburg hawkers’ lawyer arrested: http://t.co/JNhh3MuHoj by Dewald van Rensburg 3 hours ago
- Why @LesPersonas swept Joburg mayor Parks Tau's courtyard clean: http://t.co/kyW43WzX5g #cleansweep 3 hours ago
- MT @seri_rightssa: Nomzamo Zondo, attorney for SAITF & the #InformalTraders, has been arrested by the JMPD 3 hours ago
- BREAKING: Richard #Mdluli claims Glynnis Breytenbach, others want him dead: http://t.co/kgpYIjY3Zs 4 hours ago