Rural Development and Land Reform Minister Gugile Nkwinti is forging ahead with his controversial policy proposals to seize portions of farmland without compensation – despite not having a mandate from his party, the ANC.
A national fuel levy is likely to replace e-tolling as the ANC back-pedals on its controversial decision to toll Gauteng’s freeways to repay its R20 billion public infrastructure debt.
Gauteng Premier David Makhura has pledged to set up a panel to review the e-tolling of Gauteng’s freeways.
The government is looking to Malaysia to speed up the implementation of its National Development Plan (NDP).
There are changes afoot for the country’s deputy ministers: in future, their roles will be defined by President Jacob Zuma himself, rather than their own ministers.
- Inclusion of SACP chair in David Mabuza cabinet doesn't mend relations with ANC
- Bheki Cele still challenging his axing as police commissioner
- Jacob Zuma’s new Cabinet dare not disappoint – Gwede Mantashe
- Zuma’s juggling act: Why Cabinet looks the way it does
- Deputy minister promises pigs will get clean water
University of the Western Cape (UWC) researchers say ratepayers will have to wait until 2023 for municipalities to get clean audits as most failed to meet yesterday’s deadline for unqualified audits.
Communications Minister Faith Muthambi has her work cut for her in the reconfigured communications portfolio.
The Cosatu leadership meeting is walking on eggshells around sensitive issues affecting the labour federation, and has opted to give more time to the ANC task team to help get it out of the quagmire.
Africa was trending at President Jacob Zuma’s inauguration yesterday, both on the guest list and in the president’s speech.
New Gauteng Premier David Makhura says one of his administration’s most urgent orders of business will be to return to communities to deal with the problems they raised during the election campaign.
- Premier David Makhura appoints Gauteng executive council
- 5 things for David Mabuza’s to-do list
- Watch – David Makhura wins tough contest for Gauteng premiership
- David Mabuza ‘worried’ about explaining provincial ANC vote drop to Jacob Zuma
- We want one-man show David Mabuza out, say angry ANC members
The leadership of Cosatu sent an SOS to the ANC this week in a bid to stop dissident unions from continuing with their court action to force a special elective congress of the federation.
The National Union of Metalworkers of SA’s (Numsa’s) central committee meeting took a dim view of the ANC’s performance in the recent national elections, saying the party’s performance in Gauteng and in the Nelson Mandela metro showed that it needed “alternatives to the failed policies of the ANC”.
City Press on Twitter
- MT @MooipaLesetja: donate it to coward govt to build houses for people in Stjwetla, Alex & other squatters with no land."R205m for #Kyalami" 4 hours ago
- MT @MissTanyaVenter: Ensure that SA Motorsport's greatest asset continues to capture hearts of those who race. "R205m for #Kyalami" 4 hours ago
- TALKING POINT: Porsche SA has forked out R205m for the #Kyalami racetrack: http://t.co/SFTQcAAluS What should they do with it? 4 hours ago
- RT @mbanjwax: De Lille requests the #armsdeal commission to investigate these donations before making recommendations to Zuma. 4 hours ago
- MT @mbanjwax: De Lille says : ANC, Nelson Mandela Children's Fund & Community Development Foundation each received R500 000. #armsdeal 4 hours ago
- 40 000 join Cape Town protest against Israeli attacks
- How Hlaudi Motsoeneng lied in SABC application: 4 E’s and an F in ‘matric’
- Why SA men have far less sex than the global average
- Transnet faces biggest class action in SA history over stripping of pension fund assets
- 10 steps to develop black professors
Saturday. The Croc and I are up bright and early. Impolitely so, if you ask me, but we don’t have a choice. The Commander in Chief is in town so that’s that.
Honestly, do we really need the department of public works? Has it brought us anything but embarrassment and scandal?