South Africa will host the inaugural Global Watch: Say No To Racism conference at Emperors Palace, east of Joburg, on Thursday and Friday.
There was a time when South African football suffered from a dearth of good goalkeepers.
A total of 32 000 cyclists will be confronted with a new route when they tackle this year’s Momentum 947 Cycle Challenge on Sunday.
Rest in peace Mbulaeni Mulaudzi, Senzo Meyiwa and Phindile Mwelase.
South African wheelchair racer and handcyclist Ernst Francois van Dyk was this week “very” surprised to be nominated as Sports Star of the Year for the SA Sport Awards.
I’m always fascinated by the narrators of the various wildlife television programmes.
The expulsion of Chief Mwelo Nonkonyana as SA Football Association (Safa) vice-president yesterday has left more questions than answers.
South Africans must start supporting all national teams and not only the rugby and football teams.
Every four years, the SA Football Association (Safa) elective congress provides fireworks.
After shocking people by boldly selecting a mostly young and untested team for the Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Sudan and Nigeria, Mashaba this week bolstered the squad with a few experienced players.
- Bafana’s lack of goals is a national crisis – Shakes Mashaba
- Shakes Mashaba has changed Bafana’s attitude – Sibusiso Vilakazi
- Bafana win puts spring in Shakes Mashaba’s Afcon step
- Senzo Meyiwa most deserving player to lead Bafana – Shakes Mashaba
- Ayanda Patosi cried after missing flight to Bafana – Shakes Mashaba
Next Sunday, the SA Football Association (Safa) leadership will mark its first year in office.
- Pressing Issues: Soweto Derby brings everything to a standstill
- Pressing Issues: Ticktock for struggling PSL coaches
- Pressing Issues: Let’s hope Motsepe’s democratic posturing pays off for players
- Pressing issues: TV wars good for SA football, or are they?
- Pressing Issues: CAF honchos should hang their heads in shame
Ever since Kaizer Motaung led a bunch of rebel players and officials from Pirates to form Kaizer Chiefs (first known as Kaizer XI) in 1970, South Africa has come to a standstill when the Soweto Derby comes around.
City Press on Twitter
- India girl dies after being set alight for resisting molestation: http://t.co/GUeoFoITly 3 hours ago
- Employees’ ‘cyber heist’ could have cost Eskom billions: http://t.co/TdDCrfJVze 5 hours ago
- Zim Vice-President Joice Mujuru ousted from Zanu-PF central committee: http://t.co/VR9RRE6Lmv 5 hours ago
- Blacks say racism is a fact of life in #Ferguson: http://t.co/zWEdQmYMeT 6 hours ago
- Obesity to blame for half a million getting cancer each year: http://t.co/r7tzNTgZha 6 hours ago
Wednesday. I’m hungry. I’m thinking about Doctor Hunter S Thomson.
The recent behaviour displayed by our parliamentarians is disturbing, with the name-calling, shouting and refusal to obey the rules of the House.
There is nothing as sweet as a hard-earned victory. Ask Bafana Bafana. They should be over the moon at qualifying for next year’s Africa Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea.