Just how permanent is a coaching job?
They don’t come much bigger than the Soweto derby spectacular.
In sharing some pearls of wisdom, Stanley “Screamer” Tshabalala once revealed some important aspects on how he had built the all-conquering Mamelodi Sundowns of the 1980s.
South Africans have a tendency to go overboard when doing things.
It is 11 years ago now that Bafana Bafana returned from Tunisia with their tails between their legs like a canine that had been caught stealing.
New kid on the block Siyaya TV recently successful broadcasted the Bafana Bafana Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) warm-up match against Zambia at Orlando Stadium.
The year could not have started better for the 10-year-old Khayelitsha-based Velokhaya Life Cycling Academy.
Besides setting the tone for the tennis year that is to be, the Australian Open has often been the site of record-breaking feats.
The year 2015 promises to be a boon for South African sport.
The SA Under-17 and Under-20 national soccer teams will gather in Joburg on January 4 and 5 to begin preparations for their respective African Championships.
The 23 players Shakes Mashaba names in his 2015 Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) squad on Tuesday must not be intimidated by the fact that Bafana Bafana are the lowest-ranked side in their group.
I find it quite disturbing that no one has come out to deny a report that appeared in City Press’ sister publication Sunday Sun on November 23 under the headline “Senzo a soccer cheat!”
- Pressing Issues: VV’s fate was written in the stars, then rewritten
- Pressing Issues: Ghosts of the past still haunt local soccer
- Pressing Issues: There should be no discrimination in sport
- Pressing Issues: Goalkeepers pull off great saves for SA football
- Pressing Issues: Pauw has to explain Banyana’s failure
City Press on Twitter
- Heritage: A new treasure trove of the liberation http://t.co/kt3XadR2yN #Trending by @Garrethdavid 3 hours ago
- Today's cartoon http://t.co/cIPXS12327 3 hours ago
- Popcorn War: Beneath the rough edges, there are some truly epic cinematic moments in #Chappie, says @the_rantingpony: http://t.co/WkL397CZSZ 3 hours ago
- Popcorn War: #Chappie is a mixed bag of confusing accents and insulting representations of Joburg, says @the_sthem92: http://t.co/6Yu7fazE5I 3 hours ago
- VIDEO: Guardians share concerns after spate of food poisonings at Limpopo schools: http://t.co/KwtRTYNzkD 4 hours ago
Wednesday. The Croc (photographer Khaya Ngwenya) andI are hanging out with Riyana Bujram. Riyana’s this fearless, in charge-of-the world three-year-old.
The debate on the role of intellectuals in post-apartheid South Africa is uninspiring and boring.
The debate in Parliament this week revealed a remarkable generational and political shift in South Africa. Two young political leaders, Julius Malema, leader of the Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF), and the leader of the opposition DA in Parliament, Mmusi Maimane, extracted an unprecedented level of accountability from President Jacob Zuma.