“Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.”
‘Philandergate’ is a good opportunity for cricket’s governing body to revisit – and build on – its constructive transformation charter.
Just how permanent is a coaching job?
- Pressing Issues: It’s D-day for the two giants of SA soccer
- Pressing Issues: Coach on shaky ground with leaders and keepers
- Pressing Issues: No room for mediocrity on the international stage
- Pressing Issues: Mashaba’s confident charges are set to shake up Afcon
- Pressing Issues: A year full of sporting promise
They don’t come much bigger than the Soweto derby spectacular.
In sharing some pearls of wisdom, Stanley “Screamer” Tshabalala once revealed some important aspects on how he had built the all-conquering Mamelodi Sundowns of the 1980s.
South Africans have a tendency to go overboard when doing things.
It is 11 years ago now that Bafana Bafana returned from Tunisia with their tails between their legs like a canine that had been caught stealing.
New kid on the block Siyaya TV recently successful broadcasted the Bafana Bafana Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) warm-up match against Zambia at Orlando Stadium.
The year could not have started better for the 10-year-old Khayelitsha-based Velokhaya Life Cycling Academy.
Besides setting the tone for the tennis year that is to be, the Australian Open has often been the site of record-breaking feats.
The year 2015 promises to be a boon for South African sport.
The SA Under-17 and Under-20 national soccer teams will gather in Joburg on January 4 and 5 to begin preparations for their respective African Championships.
City Press on Twitter
- Edward Zuma told Max du Preez where to get off after he wrote a scathing column criticising King Goodwill Zwelithini http://t.co/hJIQIWmm4z 4 hours ago
- “I apologise on behalf of government about what happened here. It is not right for us to fight as Africans.” http://t.co/vY3nsv44PK 5 hours ago
- Bruce Jenner makes transgender history by identifying as a woman: http://t.co/R7vuinsvPO 5 hours ago
- Wilmot James on DA top job: “I have received overwhelming support from colleagues and friends across the party.” http://t.co/kCDkkwyx6P 5 hours ago
- The Judicial Conduct Committee dismissed claims that Judge Jeanette Traverso was biased during Shrien Dewani's trial: http://t.co/Gx6pk3GR5y 5 hours ago
I’m busy working on Saturday’s babalaas when I get an SMS from a government spin doctor: “King Goodwill Zwelithini is going to talk about the xenophobia at KwaHlongwa near Maphumulo in a couple of hours’ time.”
It’s almost as if you need never ask about the origins of Africa; there never was a time when Africa was not here.
The rest of Africa is Simply, Better, Faster than South Africa, to borrow a phrase from Standard Bank, one of the big four banks that are minting it on our continent.