It is an intellectually numbing experience to trawl through the public reaction to the recent High Court ruling that found sections of the Sexual Offences Act constitutionally invalid.
City Press on Twitter
- MT @DumisaneLubisi: SA team @Amajimbosu17 going for gold in continental final today. Read about this bunch of winners in @City_Press today 3 hours ago
- RT @DumisaneLubisi: Why Zindzi Mandela has not taken up her post as ambassador to Denmark yet. Read all about it in @City_Press today 3 hours ago
- Politicians play nice: http://t.co/9cYiBTMEmC 3 hours ago
- What Nhlanhla Nene doesn’t know: http://t.co/pqo3c3jd3E #Budget2015 4 hours ago
- MT @DumisaneLubisi: The middle class cash bomb debtoates. What's keeping this class under debt's dirty thumb. Get your copy of @City_Press 4 hours ago
So, let’s talk about Fifty Shades of Grey. Last weekend the movie raked in more than R2.7 billion; for those numerically disinclined (like me) that’s roughly two metric f**k-tons or many, many Nkandlas.
The municipal chaos in Malamulele is gaining momentum in many ways after the area was denied its own municipality by the Municipal Demarcation Board a few weeks ago.
South Africa ended a fragile week in better shape, highlighting its democratic resilience. That is a good sign.