It is an intellectually numbing experience to trawl through the public reaction to the recent High Court ruling that found sections of the Sexual Offences Act constitutionally invalid.
City Press on Twitter
- In @City_Press today: Gill Marcus – who will fill her shoes? 3 hours ago
- In @City_Press today: The 'delicate process' of getting President Jacob Zuma to #PayBackTheMoney 3 hours ago
- In @City_Press today: First it was the rain, now Eskom blames the heat for power outages 3 hours ago
- Axed 16 scripted out of new #Generations: http://t.co/PNh74UutAo 3 hours ago
- FRONT PAGE: R65m lost on failed festival: http://t.co/i8xe8afFdc 4 hours ago
Some images are etched in our DNA; somehow framed in our mind’s eye, just a few blinks or thoughts away.
I heard with shock when insults were elevated to another level by Kebby Maphatsoe, a leader of government who audaciously called Public Protector Thuli Madonsela a CIA spy and accused her of undermining the ANC.
The decision by the Northern Cape education department to close down schools in Kuruman for the rest of the year is a tragic and regrettable one.