Geared in her training kit, the Spar Women’s 10km Challenge road race champion Mapaseka Makhanya gracefully makes her way into the University of Johannesburg’s Kingsway Stadium for a workout.
Throughout its 800 years, Timbuktu city has witnessed invasions, pillage, famine, soaring prices, plagues, the effects of a devastating earthquake in 1755, marauding, political instability, internecine fighting over power, the destruction and theft of manuscripts, colonial rule and civil war.
City Press on Twitter
- #Tutu scolds the crowd. Then blesses them #MandelaMemorial 2 hours ago
- #Tutu: We promis(ed) God we're going to follow example of Nelson Mandela. I'm blessing you. Keep quiet #MandelaMemorial 2 hours ago
- #Tutu: You must show that world that we are disciplined. I want to hear a pin drop! #MandelaMemorial 2 hours ago
- #Tutu: Got this far by being disciplined. Not going to give you a blessing until all of you stand. I want to hear pin drop #MandelaMemorial 2 hours ago
- MT @tashbones: I'm at work in a hospital, tv's on but work carries on around it. Surprising how some people are not fazed #talkingpoint 2 hours ago