Geared in her training kit, the Spar Women’s 10km Challenge road race champion Mapaseka Makhanya gracefully makes her way into the University of Johannesburg’s Kingsway Stadium for a workout.
Throughout its 800 years, Timbuktu city has witnessed invasions, pillage, famine, soaring prices, plagues, the effects of a devastating earthquake in 1755, marauding, political instability, internecine fighting over power, the destruction and theft of manuscripts, colonial rule and civil war.
City Press on Twitter
- Sixth Gauteng mall hit by robbers in 2 months: http://t.co/q4MMcm6QIC 2 hours ago
- Protesters’ anger is being misdirected at police – Riah Phiyega: http://t.co/gIshLMu4jw 3 hours ago
- Pansy Tlakula’s resignation was ‘in the interests of democracy’: http://t.co/GvIa76YpAz 3 hours ago
- We deserve the president we have because we made this mess by doing nothing, writes Vuyani Ngalwana: http://t.co/F2QTDcwPhZ 4 hours ago
- MT @THEREALLUCKY5: Public Protector found Zuma guilty of corruption. When will he resign just like Tlakula? He's not special. #talkingpoint 15 hours ago
If I was the colour red, I’d sue Valentine’s Day for defamation. There’s so much more to red than roses and silly balloons.
Readers react to the EFF’s parliamentary behaviour with more favour than scorn.
Rock out to music with local and international musicians