Geared in her training kit, the Spar Women’s 10km Challenge road race champion Mapaseka Makhanya gracefully makes her way into the University of Johannesburg’s Kingsway Stadium for a workout.
Throughout its 800 years, Timbuktu city has witnessed invasions, pillage, famine, soaring prices, plagues, the effects of a devastating earthquake in 1755, marauding, political instability, internecine fighting over power, the destruction and theft of manuscripts, colonial rule and civil war.
City Press on Twitter
- Tomorrow's #trending front page http://t.co/Iyqeielepv 3 hours ago
- RT @ferialhaffajee: .@City_Press on Sunday After *that* amazing transplant, now SA searches for penis donors. 5 hours ago
- RT @ferialhaffajee: .@City_Press on Sunday Black business outraged at Eskom axings. 5 hours ago
- RT @ferialhaffajee: .@City_Press on Sunday Now this. Round 2 of Cop minister vs Robert McBride. 5 hours ago
- RT @ferialhaffajee: .@City_Press on Sunday Hitler. Really. Why are so many Alliance leaders calling Julius Malema a neo-Nazi? 5 hours ago
Wednesday. The Croc (photographer Khaya Ngwenya) andI are hanging out with Riyana Bujram. Riyana’s this fearless, in charge-of-the world three-year-old.
South Africa is easily spooked by bogus intelligence reports. It is easy to lose count of the number of so-called intelligence reports that have been used in factional wars throughout our democratic era.