Throughout its 800 years, Timbuktu city has witnessed invasions, pillage, famine, soaring prices, plagues, the effects of a devastating earthquake in 1755, marauding, political instability, internecine fighting over power, the destruction and theft of manuscripts, colonial rule and civil war.
City Press on Twitter
- @City_Press: Arsenal win race for fourth, Fergie bows out with 10-goal thriller at West Brom: http://t.co/vQiAUJ6mVz
- @City_Press: OPINION: Nigeria and SA are more alike than we think, writes @toluogunlesi: http://t.co/kkSR4f2nmX
- @City_Press: The weird world of politics: Double-0 Gupta: http://t.co/yGYddbY9Jb
- @City_Press: The doccie the SABC doesn’t want Franschhoek to see: http://t.co/tu0QY2mW4j
- @City_Press: Interview: Jonathan Roxmouth, SA musical theatre’s hottest property: http://t.co/U0W2rVWGwR