Geared in her training kit, the Spar Women’s 10km Challenge road race champion Mapaseka Makhanya gracefully makes her way into the University of Johannesburg’s Kingsway Stadium for a workout.
Throughout its 800 years, Timbuktu city has witnessed invasions, pillage, famine, soaring prices, plagues, the effects of a devastating earthquake in 1755, marauding, political instability, internecine fighting over power, the destruction and theft of manuscripts, colonial rule and civil war.
City Press on Twitter
- MT @Njahbu: Then what's the use of buying that nuclear from Russia if we will struggle another 2 years? #talkingpoint 7 hours ago
- SABC takes women seriously – Hlaudi Motsoeneng: http://t.co/q7pv2dfiJk 7 hours ago
- MT @BulelaniMfaco: Experts warned of energy problem, government didn't listen, now we must suffer. Thank-you ANC voters. #talkingpoint 7 hours ago
- TALKING POINT: Public Enterprises Minister Lynne Brown says SA's power supply will be under pressure for the next two years. Have your say. 7 hours ago
- Ithuba gets licence to run national lottery: http://t.co/a0WouaxHhe 8 hours ago
Wednesday. I’m hungry. I’m thinking about Doctor Hunter S Thomson.
The recent behaviour displayed by our parliamentarians is disturbing, with the name-calling, shouting and refusal to obey the rules of the House.
There is nothing as sweet as a hard-earned victory. Ask Bafana Bafana. They should be over the moon at qualifying for next year’s Africa Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea.