Geared in her training kit, the Spar Women’s 10km Challenge road race champion Mapaseka Makhanya gracefully makes her way into the University of Johannesburg’s Kingsway Stadium for a workout.
Throughout its 800 years, Timbuktu city has witnessed invasions, pillage, famine, soaring prices, plagues, the effects of a devastating earthquake in 1755, marauding, political instability, internecine fighting over power, the destruction and theft of manuscripts, colonial rule and civil war.
City Press on Twitter
- Tomorrow's front page: http://t.co/P3dLKHBAfq 10 hours ago
- Tomorrow's Sport front page: http://t.co/4NZCy1nIRX 10 hours ago
- Tomorrow's Business front page: http://t.co/h282ZzepEc 10 hours ago
- RT @ferialhaffajee: @City_Press on Sunday Beauty galore: Ms World, Queen B and the smashing ####! 14 hours ago
- RT @ferialhaffajee: @City_Press on Sunday 10 pot-holes in the report that's rocking #Sars. 14 hours ago
I run because I run, and lately it feels like I’ve been running for my life.
Ordinary people are adversely affected by load shedding, and there may well be disastrous consequences for jobs, livelihoods and our sinking economy.
We hear it all the time, especially during the festive season. Many of South Africa’s taxis are death traps.