Geared in her training kit, the Spar Women’s 10km Challenge road race champion Mapaseka Makhanya gracefully makes her way into the University of Johannesburg’s Kingsway Stadium for a workout.
Throughout its 800 years, Timbuktu city has witnessed invasions, pillage, famine, soaring prices, plagues, the effects of a devastating earthquake in 1755, marauding, political instability, internecine fighting over power, the destruction and theft of manuscripts, colonial rule and civil war.
City Press on Twitter
- Pics – Chris Hemsworth the sexiest man alive: http://t.co/lqjOYkWUMz #Sexiestmanalive 3 hours ago
- Mashaba shakes things up with 3 changes for Nigeria clash: http://t.co/IZ7FIQP8eM 4 hours ago
- ANC, EFF trade insults at Gauteng legislature: http://t.co/sRZbofhpPM 5 hours ago
- Chris Hemsworth named ‘sexiest man alive’: http://t.co/I8nWeJCZdX 5 hours ago
- Mother sues after child is vaccinated at school without consent: http://t.co/J1qzMr29FL 5 hours ago
Tuesday. I’m catching up on some reading after a week of higher learning. A pretty damned fine gig. Hanging around Wits, learning shit from cats not much older than my offspring, Small James and Big James.
The silence is about protecting white male privilege, which is under scrutiny in South Africa’s university system.
The ANC has lost moral authority. The public, even its voting public, no longer believes the party will do the right thing.