If I didn’t know better, I would think the common image of a good-natured, warm and ever-smiling revolutionary was no more than publicity for the victorious.
As a child, I was crestfallen to discover that one of my uncles had simply vanished overnight and couldn’t make good on his promise to take me on an outing for my birthday.
Many years ago, two struggle figureheads were flying over Mthatha on their way to visit Madiba.
Driving down one of the town’s main roads into the morning brightness, I felt as if I had taken somewhat of a step back into time.
“Well you came and you gave without taking . . . ” – Mandy, by Barry Manilow.
Years ago, I walked into my boarding school dormitory a naive, fat-cheeked boy with a ton of goodies. One was a trendy electronic diary my uncle had given me.It could store 250 addresses, 100 events and impressed the nerds more than it did the girls.
City Press on Twitter
- @City_Press: Zoo worker mauled to death by tiger: http://t.co/5EApKPM0QS
- @City_Press: Man United assistant manager Phelan leaves club: http://t.co/LsvghlW9Gw
- @City_Press: NUM can’t be held responsible for violence – Shabangu: http://t.co/VnHNg0y8Lj
- @City_Press: 93 held for looting, vandalism in Joburg south protest: http://t.co/5oVSjlVAdF
- @City_Press: ANC wants reliable cadres, says Mantashe: http://t.co/Xr0MFbbkSa
- Cpt: 13 - 20°C
- Pta: 8 - 23°C
- Jhb: 8 - 19°C
- Bloem: 7 - 23°C
- Dbn: 16 - 27°C
- PE: 12 - 24°C