The Gauteng City-Region Observatory’s biannual Quality of Life survey released this week showed how far the province’s residents had come – and how far they still had to go.
The University of KwaZulu Natal (UKZN) has appointed Dr Albert van Jaarsveld as its new vice-chancellor and principal.
The University of KwaZulu Natal will tomorrow appoint a new vice chancellor to replace Professor Malegapuru Makgoba.
Never mind reading, writing and arithmetic – members of the SA Democratic Teachers Union (Sadtu) in North West are allegedly more likely to be involved in bribery, intimidation and exchanging sex for jobs.
Three positions, six employees: that’s the predicament the North West education department is in – allegedly because of interference in three appointments.
Flamboyant businessman Robert Gumede has a simple motto in life: Go big or go home.
The matric pass mark won’t change much, but a task team appointed by Basic Education Minister Angie Motshekga has recommended that maths become a compulsory subject for all high school pupils.
Bring back our holidays, says the SA Democratic Teachers Union (Sadtu).
Section27 has joined 12 other international organisations in condemning the privatisation of education across the world, claiming that the trend has a negative impact on girls.
Two Sadtu leaders allegedly bribed a matric pupil and a local ANC Youth League leader with cheap vodka, food and “whatever you want” to disrupt one of Durban’s best township schools and oust its principal.
Media mogul Given Mkhari has poured cold water on suggestions that his Gauteng radio station Power FM is in financial distress, sinking fast and up for sale.
A senior official in Mpumalanga’s provincial education department has been collecting his R700 000 annual salary for almost five years for doing nothing more than pitching up to work “to loiter and read newspapers”.
City Press on Twitter
- RT @lubabalongcukan: Jafta tells court she signed contract at #Sizani office at the department of education. 3 hours ago
- MT @lubabalongcukan: #Sizani shakes her head and takes notes while listening to Jafta. 3 hours ago
- RT @lubabalongcukan: Jafta: I got my persal number from #Sizani over the phone when I wanted to open a Mr Price account. 3 hours ago
- MT @lubabalongcukan: Jafta: I still get monthly stipends from department until today. #Sizani 3 hours ago
- MT @lubabalongcukan: Jafta: I continued receiving monthly salaries as #Sizani promised while staying at home. 3 hours ago
If I was the colour red, I’d sue Valentine’s Day for defamation. There’s so much more to red than roses and silly balloons.
The actors and actresses of Generations, who are currently on strike, had their contracts terminated by the SABC. The big question is: how much does the show make?
There are many questions that arose after the chaotic scenes seen in Parliament this week.