Media coverage of Oscar Pistorius and the slain Reeva Steenkamp has reflected deeply racialised and gendered attitudes to sexual violence, especially when compared to the coverage of Anene Booysen’s rape, mutilation and murder a few weeks ago.
City Press on Twitter
- PSL confirms Caf participants: http://t.co/CwszxlXqxP 2 hours ago
- 6 charged over R14 billion drug bust in Australia: http://t.co/kMD8Le2tlg 2 hours ago
- Blasts at mosque in Nigeria kill 35 people: http://t.co/fbsiIaTl1E 2 hours ago
- Limpopo textbook delivery ‘progressing well’: http://t.co/70O17ht71e 3 hours ago
- EFF’s Julius Mdluli ‘manhandled in legislature’: http://t.co/JceU71nk0e 15 hours ago
Wednesday. I’m hungry. I’m thinking about Doctor Hunter S Thomson.
The recent behaviour displayed by our parliamentarians is disturbing, with the name-calling, shouting and refusal to obey the rules of the House.
There is nothing as sweet as a hard-earned victory. Ask Bafana Bafana. They should be over the moon at qualifying for next year’s Africa Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea.