Media coverage of Oscar Pistorius and the slain Reeva Steenkamp has reflected deeply racialised and gendered attitudes to sexual violence, especially when compared to the coverage of Anene Booysen’s rape, mutilation and murder a few weeks ago.
City Press on Twitter
- VIDEO: Hezekiél Sepeng: Mbulaeni Mulaudzi used to call me old man: http://t.co/pzFdhtTWSV by @Thuls11 3 hours ago
- Nigeria avoids Fifa ban: http://t.co/w1Vtj59M78 3 hours ago
- ANC denies it’s facing bankruptcy: http://t.co/mhqAPRiPSL 3 hours ago
- MOST READ: You can run but you can’t hide – Mbalula to Meyiwa killers: http://t.co/nY5EMHACHg 3 hours ago
- MOST READ: Infighting will kill Cosatu – Vavi: http://t.co/WxsH2G8kHh 3 hours ago
With back-to-back fashion weeks in Johannesburg, Malibongwe Tyilo maps out the treacherous fashion week ecosystem and its various species
Please stop telling me about respect because you only have oppression, corruption and ageism to give in return. Do not hide your incapacity, insecurity and unintelligibility with age – it’s stale and it’s embarrassing.
Yes, there is good news on Ebola. Nigeria and Senegal have been declared Ebola-free. This is a reflection of good governance. Nigeria learnt from a previous polio outbreak to lock down a breakout to prevent a pandemic.