Media coverage of Oscar Pistorius and the slain Reeva Steenkamp has reflected deeply racialised and gendered attitudes to sexual violence, especially when compared to the coverage of Anene Booysen’s rape, mutilation and murder a few weeks ago.
City Press on Twitter
- MT @Dumza44144: thts its forward EFF forward "EFF is a ‘government-in-waiting’, Malema tells Parliament" 7 hours ago
- MT @Svidge101: EFF is a disaster in waiting "EFF is a ‘government-in-waiting’, Malema tells Parliament" 7 hours ago
- MT @theodorecrav: A nursery school has more discipline than that lot. "EFF is a ‘government-in-waiting’, Malema tells Parliament" 7 hours ago
- #Trending's motoring guru says the new Renault Duster might just be the 4x4 for you and your budget: http://t.co/i54vPoiaKK 7 hours ago
- Nigeria market bomb targeted opposition leader: http://t.co/mK3jcSD4Y8 7 hours ago
- How Hlaudi Motsoeneng lied in SABC application: 4 E’s and an F in ‘matric’
- 40 000 join Cape Town protest against Israeli attacks
- Transnet faces biggest class action in SA history over stripping of pension fund assets
- Why SA men have far less sex than the global average
- 10 steps to develop black professors
Saturday. The Croc and I are up bright and early. Impolitely so, if you ask me, but we don’t have a choice. The Commander in Chief is in town so that’s that.
Honestly, do we really need the department of public works? Has it brought us anything but embarrassment and scandal?