Media coverage of Oscar Pistorius and the slain Reeva Steenkamp has reflected deeply racialised and gendered attitudes to sexual violence, especially when compared to the coverage of Anene Booysen’s rape, mutilation and murder a few weeks ago.
City Press on Twitter
- Alicia Keys shows off baby bump on fourth anniversary: http://t.co/ouYSnd1U4f 3 hours ago
- Commonwealth athlete tests negative for Ebola: http://t.co/OovSIPVpSC 3 hours ago
- Team SA intensifies chase for 43-medal target: http://t.co/fjJeRkKMgK by @daniemothowagae 4 hours ago
- Thabo Mbeki: Africa rises, problems persist, intellectuals needed: http://t.co/Mnuf9T2LGp 5 hours ago
- Mxolisi Nxasana was not asked to vacate his office – NPA: http://t.co/EiZ1W8KAbk 5 hours ago
In the wake of Mandela Day, Milisithando Bongela questions what the pervasive image of Madiba and the narrative of ‘reconciliation’ really means.
Readers react cynically to the news that Public Works Minister Thulas Nxesi is cracking the whip over Nkandla spending
The era of having your cake and eating it seems to be coming to an end for government officials suspended on full pay. That’s if Public Service and Administration Minister Collins Chabane gets his way.