Media coverage of Oscar Pistorius and the slain Reeva Steenkamp has reflected deeply racialised and gendered attitudes to sexual violence, especially when compared to the coverage of Anene Booysen’s rape, mutilation and murder a few weeks ago.
City Press on Twitter
- UN says one in three children have no birth certificate: http://t.co/tLZiRmZtxq 3 hours ago
- ANC wins all six wards in Tlokwe by-elections: http://t.co/4uE0RKrObX 3 hours ago
- ‘Fake’ interpreter: I am a champion of sign language: http://t.co/CnKHLrzteA by @sa_poptart 3 hours ago
- Capetonians show world how to ‘jol’ in memory of Madiba: http://t.co/ufGncjYCOs 4 hours ago
- Dortmund leave it late, Arsenal stagger into last 16: http://t.co/jqnYIYEybs 4 hours ago