Media coverage of Oscar Pistorius and the slain Reeva Steenkamp has reflected deeply racialised and gendered attitudes to sexual violence, especially when compared to the coverage of Anene Booysen’s rape, mutilation and murder a few weeks ago.
City Press on Twitter
- MT @eldrige4: I just hope this thing with Zuma and the KIng does not lead to Cultural divisions in SA #talkingpoint #dalindyebo 3 hours ago
- MT @_Oscar_lee: As much as #Dalindyebo came clean about DA, I don't think he's a good role model let alone Zuma. #talkingpoint 3 hours ago
- MT @nadinenade: The king has spoken, who are we to argue ;-) #talkingpoint #dalindyebo 3 hours ago
- MT @linkywells: An angry chief-cum politician could say so. He has to say for his own politics. #talkingpoint #dalindyebo 3 hours ago
- MT @Marco_Cahn: Zuma & the ANC r good at calling other people out but they never look at themselves. #talkingpoint #dalindyebo 3 hours ago
If I was the colour red, I’d sue Valentine’s Day for defamation. There’s so much more to red than roses and silly balloons.
Readers react to the EFF’s parliamentary behaviour with more favour than scorn.
Rock out to music with local and international musicians