Media coverage of Oscar Pistorius and the slain Reeva Steenkamp has reflected deeply racialised and gendered attitudes to sexual violence, especially when compared to the coverage of Anene Booysen’s rape, mutilation and murder a few weeks ago.
City Press on Twitter
- India beats Zimbabwe by 6 wickets to stay unbeaten: http://t.co/l8lAnqU71n 5 hours ago
- The spotlight will focus on Heidedal in Bloemfontein as the next hosts of the SAB League Football Festival: http://t.co/FmEdq97tp0 5 hours ago
- TALKING POINT: #SideChicks and #Makhwapheni – do you think we should judge them or live and let live? 6 hours ago
- The Record of the Year nominees for the #SAMAXXI were announced last night and here are the songs you can vote for http://t.co/ZjP1j7Pwj8 6 hours ago
- Penis transplant doctors: ‘We are very surprised’: http://t.co/p90SYChR2L 7 hours ago
Wednesday. The Croc (photographer Khaya Ngwenya) andI are hanging out with Riyana Bujram. Riyana’s this fearless, in charge-of-the world three-year-old.
South Africa is easily spooked by bogus intelligence reports. It is easy to lose count of the number of so-called intelligence reports that have been used in factional wars throughout our democratic era.