SANDI MABASA (33) started her own clothing line while working full-time, then took a leap of faith and quit her day job
The case of two people accused of killing a man and leaving his body in the boot of a car at Montecasino, Johannesburg, has been postponed to March 26.
Taking the plunge took on new meaning when Liquideep threw caution to the wind and put their bodies where their name is. It’s Ziyon and Ryzor as you’ve never seen them before – and it’s proof they’re chilled in every possible way!
Lucknow – A tiger prowling for food has killed seven people in northern India in the past two weeks, forcing thousands of terrified villagers to stay inside while hunters try to kill the animal.
Los Angeles – Detectives searching pop singer Justin Bieber’s mansion in Los Angeles over an egg-throwing attack seized cocaine and arrested one of the singer’s associates.
Police Minister Nathi Mthethwa visited Brits in the North West today after two people were killed and two more injured in a stand-off between protesters and police during a protest over water on Monday.
Workers should think about how to politically organise themselves so that they are represented in the government, suspended Cosatu general secretary Zwelinzima Vavi has said.
A man accused of murdering three of his relatives and trying to kill two others wants to admit guilt, the Vereeniging Regional Court has heard.
A woman accused of seriously hurting her two-year-old girl needs psychological evaluation before applying for bail, the Pretoria Magistrates’ Court has ruled.
There are no substantive grounds for President Jacob Zuma to institute disciplinary measures against Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Minister Tina Joemat-Pettersson, her department has said.
Two members of the ANC died on their way to its anniversary celebrations and elections manifesto launch in Nelspruit at the weekend.
City Press on Twitter
- MT @ferialhaffajee: SA livid at Nigeria's response to attacks. "When our people died (at T B Joshua's church), we didn't respond like this." 12 hours ago
- RT @ferialhaffajee: .@City_Press "You don't steal our jobs. South Africa has no jobs," @Julius_S_Malema at a camp in Durban. (Quote-master) 12 hours ago
- RT @ferialhaffajee: .@City_Press on Sunday On Freedom Day, we look backward, not forward. Why? I try to answer. 12 hours ago
- RT @ferialhaffajee: .@City_Press Oldies, it's time to say goodbye, says Mondli Makhanya. 12 hours ago
- MT @ferialhaffajee: .@City_Press on Sunday How government will fight xenophobia: repatriate non-nationals without papers and special courts 12 hours ago
I’m busy working on Saturday’s babalaas when I get an SMS from a government spin doctor: “King Goodwill Zwelithini is going to talk about the xenophobia at KwaHlongwa near Maphumulo in a couple of hours’ time.”
It’s almost as if you need never ask about the origins of Africa; there never was a time when Africa was not here.
The rest of Africa is Simply, Better, Faster than South Africa, to borrow a phrase from Standard Bank, one of the big four banks that are minting it on our continent.