Mpumalanga Premier David Mabuza has laid a criminal charge against his “brother” and “father” Mathews Phosa for alleging he was an apartheid spy.
Sizwe sama Yende
The SACP in Mpumalanga has named Premier David Mabuza as the instigator of the violence that disrupted its lecture on Sunday.
I had only heard about the blood-curdling nature of ANC and IFP members’ fights before our democracy in 1994.
Young residents in Mpumalanga are fed up because, they say, they aren’t getting jobs at the province’s mines, power stations, and in its steel and chemical industries.
ANC and SACP members in Mpumalanga traded blows and fired gunshots after clashing at KaNyamazane township outside Mbombela today.
The Mbombela city council has not decided what action to take against its municipal manager, who was charged with fraud and corruption on Friday.
Mpumalanga premier David Mabuza’s philanthropic efforts have come under attack after his foundation donated a house to a beauty queen and her family.
Mbombela city’s municipal manager, Noko Seanego, has appeared in court on fraud and corruption charges relating to the irregular hiring of ANC cadres.
The manager of Mpumalanga’s capital city has been taking in for questioning regarding a job-for-ANC-cadres scandal and could be charged today.
A four-year-old girl from Limpopo was kidnapped and held hostage in Zimbabwe for seven months – because her parents could not settle a R1 550 debt.
Mpumalanga is celebrating a steady improvement in its matric results since 2009, says the province’s education MEC, Reginah Mhaule.
Mpumalanga ANC bigwig Jacques Modipane was suspended this week – by the same parastatal that cost him his provincial cabinet job 16 years ago – for the theft of rhino horns.
City Press on Twitter
- Clive Derby-Lewis may face fraud charges: http://t.co/yYyYJScPgV by @mbanjwax 3 hours ago
- Court to decide if Anwa Dramat can return to work: http://t.co/U7ztsqyXsU by @abrammashego 3 hours ago
- RT @carienduplessis: Applause as AU chair Abdul Aziz commends dropping of ICC charges against Kenyatta, says African Court needed #AUsummit 4 hours ago
- RT @carienduplessis: AU chair Abdel Aziz thanks Africa's partners for interest shown in continent and starts on Ebola epidemic #AUsummit 4 hours ago
- RT @carienduplessis: AU chair: in 2014 many African countries recorded positive growth rate, due to good economic policies #AUsummit 4 hours ago
I run because I run, and lately it feels like I’ve been running for my life.
From the corridors of Parliament to the beautiful plains of Giyani, the notion of a rainbow nation is sung out as an obvious reality.
Former president Thabo Mbeki made a promise to the world in July 2008.