ANC MP Jackson Mthembu was shot last night when thugs tried to rob him at a Mpumalanga ATM.
Sizwe sama Yende
A Mpumalanga man who assaulted his father’s employee and called him a “k****r” has opted to settle out of court instead of answering to charges of common assault and human rights violation.
The Mbombela municipality won a court battle to rechristen Mpumalanga’s capital city – but now it doesn’t have money to go ahead with the renaming.
- Full municipal control to man who spent R20m on bodyguards
- Gordhan slams municipalities for underspending
- Municipal workers to resume strike after ‘issues remain unresolved’
- Protesters burn down Eastern Cape municipal building
- Municipal employees applaud Pravin Gordhan’s threat to seize assets and sue
Mpumalanga’s Cefups Academy has been shut down following an investigation that found that the upmarket school’s staff members have been using corporal punishment, which has been outlawed.
Mpumalanga’s cabinet has extended the contract of the Emalahleni administrator and given him total control of the municipality even though he splurged millions on bodyguards.
Alfred Ngwenya was meant to testify this week against two men he accused of assaulting and shooting him in a racially motivated attack five years ago. Instead, the 44-year-old was shot again just ten days before taking the stand – this time fatally. Ngwenya was shot dead in the street in Piet Retief, Mpumalanga. Eyewitnesses saw […]
A Mpumalanga ANC member was allegedly assaulted when he was refused entrance at a regional elective conference at the weekend.
National police commissioner Riah Phiyega has not responded to the South African Communist Party’s request to release an investigation report into Mpumalanga political killings 15 months since she was given a memorandum.
Mpumalanga had a mixed bag of results when it came to its latest crime statistics. Many crimes have decreased, but Mpumalanga’s murder rate rose by 16.4% according to the statistics, which are from April 2013 to March 2014.
Four men accused of circumcision-related deaths in Mpumalanga have appeared in the KwaMhlanga Magistrates’ Court, and more people will stand trial in the weeks to come.
With chairs flying and guns drawn, the Mpumalanga ANC’s regional conferences are under threat as factions are trying to sway the vote in their favour ahead of the party’s 2016 provincial conference.
A Mpumalanga private school known for its severe beating of pupils has now been accused of animal cruelty.
City Press on Twitter
- MT @neoraselabe: Our African leaders are concerned with filling their pockets with money and power. #talkingpoint 10 hours ago
- Champions League round-up: Real outclass Liverpool, Arsenal pull off late comeback: http://t.co/h35kk8ZnNT 10 hours ago
- RT @IamMfanelo: No its a "Pause". "@City_Press: Chiefs’ winning run comes to an end: http://t.co/3lbvqo3GSU" 10 hours ago
- RT @Bonga_Hugo: "@City_Press: Chiefs’ winning run comes to an end: http://t.co/3lbvqo3GSU" unbeaten run continues! 10 hours ago
- Chiefs’ winning run comes to an end: http://t.co/3lbvqo3GSU 10 hours ago
Milisuthando Bongela asks where the underprivileged black woman is in the midst of all this trendy feminism.
It should be increasingly difficult for South Africa’s top executives to justify their enormous pay packages, given the furore over excessive pay, the country’s high level of unemployment, and the huge disparity between the highest- and lowest-paid employees at companies.