Free government houses are sprouting up in Thembalethu, east of the Mpumalanga town of Balfour, turning what was once a squatter camp into a township.
Sizwe sama Yende
Regional ANC leaders in Mpumalanga have attacked secretary-general Gwede Mantashe in an apparent attempt to derail a probe that might lead to the Ehlanzeni top structure’s disbandment.
A municipal manager embroiled in a jobs-for-ANC members scandal is now completely off the hook after an internal probe vindicated him.
A R160 million government building in Mpumalanga that was meant to store crucial documents has now been virtually abandoned.
An Mpumalanga parastatal boss who bagged a R4.4 million golden handshake and resigned to escape a shake-up and possibly being brought to account on corruption has finally been exposed – but it remains unclear if any action will be taken against him.
Mpumalanga ANC members must shut up or face expulsion for taking their frustrations to social and mainstream media.
- Watch – Uproar in the Mpumalanga legislature over a dress
- Prostitute? I never called anyone a prostitute, says Mpumalanga politician
- Mpumalanga ANC fumes over anti-Mabuza faction’s tactics
- Battle lines drawn as Mpumalanga’s Mabuza fights for another term
- ANC may lose Mpuma ward after ‘forgetting’ to register candidate
Mpumalanga ANC politician, Victor Windvoël, has denied naming anyone when he made a comment about a female legislature member dressed as a prostitute.
Mpumalanga Premier David Mabuza’s campaign to become part of the ANC’s top six began in earnest this weekend when delegates resolved to keep him as provincial chairperson for a third term.
Mbombela Mayor Sibusiso Mathonsi has shut out 78 councillors from handling a disciplinary matter against a manager who allegedly broke the rules to hire 30 ANC members.
The ANC in Mpumalanga has urged a disgruntled faction to raise its concerns in the branches.
After years of alleged rigging and irregularities to keep Mpumalanga Premier David Mabuza in power, the gauntlet has finally been thrown down by ANC members who say they have had enough.
ANC veteran Mathews Phosa has won the second case in a legal wrangle against his former employee.
City Press on Twitter
- “He would cheat on me and when I confronted him, he would first deny and eventually he would admit it and apologise” http://t.co/2VnKAr4KrI 6 hours ago
- Inside the angry xenophobic mob: A royal decree that the amakwerekwere should pack and go had been issued: http://t.co/Fo6ykvvKpq 7 hours ago
- MT @Madlazitha: @mhlengigasela Mondli Makhanya has no respect at all, whether our President or our King and he is a Zulu. #talkingpoint 7 hours ago
- MT @Tamsai266: Please remember over 18m people respect him even if you don't. Think of them too, unless we all stupid to you. #talkingpoint 7 hours ago
- MT @ndu_mdu: I can wait for Dr Mangosuthu Buthelezi to respond, and the King himself must respond to all these allegations against him . 7 hours ago
I’m busy working on Saturday’s babalaas when I get an SMS from a government spin doctor: “King Goodwill Zwelithini is going to talk about the xenophobia at KwaHlongwa near Maphumulo in a couple of hours’ time.”
Zulu king Goodwill Zwelithini is out of order when he rages and points fingers at the media, accusing it of twisting his words when he said foreigners must leave South Africa and go back to their countries.
The rest of Africa is Simply, Better, Faster than South Africa, to borrow a phrase from Standard Bank, one of the big four banks that are minting it on our continent.