A serial rapist left his cellphone number with one of the women he attacked. This is what police detective Lieutenant Wayne Olifant used to bust him.
Sizwe sama Yende
The chief executive officer of a Mpumalanga parastatal has scored a R4.4 million golden handshake following his sudden resignation under a cloud of irregularities.
Two men who were allegedly assaulted by a group of school pupils for snatching a woman’s bag have died of their injuries in hospital.
A mayor forced out of his job two months ago has returned to rally his region to support Mpumalanga Premier David Mabuza to retain the provincial ANC chairpersonship for a third term.
The matric girl allegedly beaten to death at a controversial Mpumalanga private school was the niece of Arts and Culture Deputy Minister Rejoice Mabudafhasi.
The Mpumalanga Cabinet claims it has not discussed incidents of corporal punishment at Cefups Academy near Nelspruit, where a pupil died three weeks ago.
Mpumalanga’s Cabinet has extended the term of a municipal administrator who’s spent millions of rands on bodyguards for himself and senior officials.
Paballo Seane was so brutally sjambokked – allegedly because she did badly in a test – that she died in hospital last week.
The Mpumalanga education department is set to close down a private school notorious for allegedly administering corporal punishment unless it provides a good explanation.
Nearly 300 Mpumalanga pupils have been shut out of their classrooms for more than a week because of a fight over money between the education department and a farmer.
Mpumalanga police have denied reports that Emalahleni’s mayor was held hostage by young protesters at a local radio station yesterday.
Mpumalanga Premier David Mabuza’s state of the province speech notably left out some of the province’s most pressing issues like the collapsing state of municipalities and the plan to reduce traditional circumcision deaths.
- Inclusion of SACP chair in David Mabuza cabinet doesn't mend relations with ANC
- Expect radical approach in Mpumalanga – David Mabuza
- 5 things for David Mabuza’s to-do list
- David Mabuza ‘worried’ about explaining provincial ANC vote drop to Jacob Zuma
- We want one-man show David Mabuza out, say angry ANC members
City Press on Twitter
- Yolanda Cuba takes strategic post at Vodacom: http://t.co/54gvTNZ5Gs by Marcia Klein 3 hours ago
- There goes the neighbourhood: Sacha Baron Cohen’s latest comedy offensive leads all the way to Cape Town: http://t.co/m7h14zbHDY 4 hours ago
- From clever blacks to Jesus: Jacob Zuma in quotes: http://t.co/OaPO8LA8wu 5 hours ago
- Barring public from parly meetings is censorship – DA: http://t.co/aBN5VAR7lZ 5 hours ago
- MT @sandile1973: Jesus is not going to make inkandla scandal to go. He must pay the money #talkingpoint 5 hours ago
If I was the colour red, I’d sue Valentine’s Day for defamation. There’s so much more to red than roses and silly balloons.
Readers react to the EFF’s parliamentary behaviour with more favour than scorn.
Rock out to music with local and international musicians