In the villages of Umhlabuyalingana local municipality, rape survivors’ families have given up on the police – instead, they accept cattle as restitution for the crime.
“As a doctor, your role is to save lives. You tend to remember those you failed to save, especially if it was under traumatic circumstances.”
Teaching and learning is expected to resume tomorrow at Lihlithemba Technical School in Ndwedwe, north of Durban, following disruptions since Monday over the principal’s suspension.
The KwaZulu-Natal department of education plans to bring charges against 22 teachers of a school in Ndwedwe, northwest of Tongaat, for bringing the department into disrepute after failing to attend classes yesterday.
Last Sunday was a very special day for Zoleka Mandela.
Julius Malema’s Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) in KwaZulu-Natal plans to campaign in every nook and cranny of the province – including Nkandla and despite possible violence.
A lecture by Agang leader Mamphela Ramphele went ahead peacefully in Pietermaritzburg last night despite threats of disruption from an ANC-aligned student body.
Lightning strikes the Drakensberg about 100 times a year and the wind is so fierce that Lesotho is reportedly considering building wind farms.
Zoleka Mandela spoke out at a road safety event in KwaZulu-Natal yesterday about the pain of losing her 13-year-old child, Zenani, in a car accident.
Table Mountain’s famous cableway may soon have a rival in KwaZulu-Natal.
King Zwelithini’s baby-making days seemed to end in 2005.
Painting “Mandela Day” on his Mercedes-Benz was to remind young lawyers that the profession was not about making money, says Durban attorney Comfort Ngidi.
City Press on Twitter
- The state has a weak case against Sindisiwe Manqele, says her lawyer. #Flabba @Ntombi_Makhoba 3 hours ago
- "I haven’t climaxed in 10 years": #Trending’s resident sex coach, @JadeZwane, answers some of your burning questions: http://t.co/luulaL260T 3 hours ago
- MOST READ: Zille opened Leeuwenhof to market without following due process “because red tape would have delayed it”: http://t.co/kkO5cXiFc2 3 hours ago
- Sindisiwe Manqele granted R10 000 bail in the Nkululeko "Flabba" Habedi murder trial. More to follow from @Ntombi_Makhoba 3 hours ago
- MOST READ: Blade Nzimande to start government’s audit of academic qualifications in his own department: http://t.co/amsitQe2GJ 3 hours ago
Wednesday. The Croc (photographer Khaya Ngwenya) andI are hanging out with Riyana Bujram. Riyana’s this fearless, in charge-of-the world three-year-old.
The debate on the role of intellectuals in post-apartheid South Africa is uninspiring and boring.
The debate in Parliament this week revealed a remarkable generational and political shift in South Africa. Two young political leaders, Julius Malema, leader of the Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF), and the leader of the opposition DA in Parliament, Mmusi Maimane, extracted an unprecedented level of accountability from President Jacob Zuma.