In the villages of Umhlabuyalingana local municipality, rape survivors’ families have given up on the police – instead, they accept cattle as restitution for the crime.
“As a doctor, your role is to save lives. You tend to remember those you failed to save, especially if it was under traumatic circumstances.”
Teaching and learning is expected to resume tomorrow at Lihlithemba Technical School in Ndwedwe, north of Durban, following disruptions since Monday over the principal’s suspension.
The KwaZulu-Natal department of education plans to bring charges against 22 teachers of a school in Ndwedwe, northwest of Tongaat, for bringing the department into disrepute after failing to attend classes yesterday.
Last Sunday was a very special day for Zoleka Mandela.
Julius Malema’s Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) in KwaZulu-Natal plans to campaign in every nook and cranny of the province – including Nkandla and despite possible violence.
A lecture by Agang leader Mamphela Ramphele went ahead peacefully in Pietermaritzburg last night despite threats of disruption from an ANC-aligned student body.
Lightning strikes the Drakensberg about 100 times a year and the wind is so fierce that Lesotho is reportedly considering building wind farms.
Zoleka Mandela spoke out at a road safety event in KwaZulu-Natal yesterday about the pain of losing her 13-year-old child, Zenani, in a car accident.
Table Mountain’s famous cableway may soon have a rival in KwaZulu-Natal.
King Zwelithini’s baby-making days seemed to end in 2005.
Painting “Mandela Day” on his Mercedes-Benz was to remind young lawyers that the profession was not about making money, says Durban attorney Comfort Ngidi.
City Press on Twitter
- TALKING POINT: Public office bearers' salaries, including President Jacob Zuma and the Cabinet, are set to increase. Have your say. 3 hours ago
- Mabandla replaces Mbete on African peer monitoring body: http://t.co/eE8ukxGDxA by @carienduplessis 3 hours ago
- Jacob Zuma’s salary will increase to over R2.7m per annum and he'll receive over R100k in back payments: http://t.co/6Yp2o3zQZ1 by @verashni 4 hours ago
- Health facilities are not political play grounds – Motsoaledi: http://t.co/d8mWvZ1yrS 5 hours ago
- 5FM ‘fresh or vrot’ joke leaves bad taste in listeners' mouths: http://t.co/u2PTo2c2NO 5 hours ago
I run because I run, and lately it feels like I’ve been running for my life.
From the corridors of Parliament to the beautiful plains of Giyani, the notion of a rainbow nation is sung out as an obvious reality.
Former president Thabo Mbeki made a promise to the world in July 2008.