In the villages of Umhlabuyalingana local municipality, rape survivors’ families have given up on the police – instead, they accept cattle as restitution for the crime.
“As a doctor, your role is to save lives. You tend to remember those you failed to save, especially if it was under traumatic circumstances.”
Teaching and learning is expected to resume tomorrow at Lihlithemba Technical School in Ndwedwe, north of Durban, following disruptions since Monday over the principal’s suspension.
The KwaZulu-Natal department of education plans to bring charges against 22 teachers of a school in Ndwedwe, northwest of Tongaat, for bringing the department into disrepute after failing to attend classes yesterday.
Last Sunday was a very special day for Zoleka Mandela.
Julius Malema’s Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) in KwaZulu-Natal plans to campaign in every nook and cranny of the province – including Nkandla and despite possible violence.
A lecture by Agang leader Mamphela Ramphele went ahead peacefully in Pietermaritzburg last night despite threats of disruption from an ANC-aligned student body.
Lightning strikes the Drakensberg about 100 times a year and the wind is so fierce that Lesotho is reportedly considering building wind farms.
Zoleka Mandela spoke out at a road safety event in KwaZulu-Natal yesterday about the pain of losing her 13-year-old child, Zenani, in a car accident.
Table Mountain’s famous cableway may soon have a rival in KwaZulu-Natal.
King Zwelithini’s baby-making days seemed to end in 2005.
Painting “Mandela Day” on his Mercedes-Benz was to remind young lawyers that the profession was not about making money, says Durban attorney Comfort Ngidi.
City Press on Twitter
- MT @Dumza44144: thts its forward EFF forward "EFF is a ‘government-in-waiting’, Malema tells Parliament" 11 hours ago
- MT @Svidge101: EFF is a disaster in waiting "EFF is a ‘government-in-waiting’, Malema tells Parliament" 11 hours ago
- MT @theodorecrav: A nursery school has more discipline than that lot. "EFF is a ‘government-in-waiting’, Malema tells Parliament" 11 hours ago
- #Trending's motoring guru says the new Renault Duster might just be the 4x4 for you and your budget: http://t.co/i54vPoiaKK 11 hours ago
- Nigeria market bomb targeted opposition leader: http://t.co/mK3jcSD4Y8 11 hours ago
- How Hlaudi Motsoeneng lied in SABC application: 4 E’s and an F in ‘matric’
- 40 000 join Cape Town protest against Israeli attacks
- Transnet faces biggest class action in SA history over stripping of pension fund assets
- Why SA men have far less sex than the global average
- 10 steps to develop black professors
Saturday. The Croc and I are up bright and early. Impolitely so, if you ask me, but we don’t have a choice. The Commander in Chief is in town so that’s that.
Honestly, do we really need the department of public works? Has it brought us anything but embarrassment and scandal?