Rising food costs are the reason Venesha Sukai has reduced her trips to the grocery store.
Residents of the Dalton Hostel in Durban will march to city hall on Saturday because they claim metro police officers had helped themselves to their valuables – including R15 000 lobola money – during a raid.
Thirty-three parents – mostly well-dressed women with fancy hairstyles – appeared in court today on charges that they had neglected their minor children by dumping them at an illegal shelter.
What a prospective recruit had to run in 30 minutes on the day, today took those involved in the Road Traffic Inspectorate Commission of Inquiry two hours to walk.
- Traffic cops ‘only worried about overtime’, commission hears
- Traffic cops' mean words ... as people collapsed
- Accusations of ‘dilly-dallying’ in setting up traffic-trainee deaths commission
- Fitness test deaths: ‘still too painful for forgiveness’
- Inquiry needed for aspirant traffic officers’ deaths – SACP
Traffic cops who were involved with a Road Traffic Inspectorate (RTI) fitness test that resulted in eight deaths have been accused of causing delays in order to be paid overtime, the Road Traffic Inspectorate Recruitment Commission of Inquiry heard today.
Traffic officers at the helm of a Road Traffic Inspectorate fitness test that resulted in the death of eight people in KwaZulu-Natal last year made snide comments while people were collapsing around them.
A wrong turn while house hunting in Chatsworth is why Logan Moodley and his family moved into an all-white neighbourhood before the Group Areas Act was repealed.
‘In my first week in Durban, I had a bad experience. I was approached by this guy who just asked for my phone.
Two school boys are in hospital following a stabbing at a Thornville high school near Pietermaritzburg.
Struggling to pay your municipal bill because it hasn’t arrived in the post after the Post Office strike?
The 25-year-old man arrested for the murder of KwaZulu-Natal businessman Nhlanhla Gasa is now working with police to reconstruct the brutal attack, which occurred last month.
A 37-year-old suspect has been arrested after a woman in her fifties and two security guards were killed in Lindelani, north of Durban, during a cash heist by an eight-member gang of robbers at a pension pay point.
City Press on Twitter
- @City_Press: Mbuli died of pulmonary embolism: http://t.co/pTxPC679bA
- @City_Press: Visas for British tourists ‘bad for SA economy’: http://t.co/jyAY6l2Jwy
- @City_Press: Zuma outraged at initiation deaths: http://t.co/SqaAyxVZSf
- @City_Press: Auction may be called off because the matter has been settled, our reporter has heard #Winnieauction
- @City_Press: Zinzi has arrived in a white Polo #Winnieauction