Caretaker coach Eric Tinkler has already endeared himself to Orlando Pirates’ supporters.
Kaizer Chiefs still command a 10-point lead at the top of the Absa Premiership table, but their character will be tested in the coming week.
This week’s 2-0 loss to SuperSport United had all the hallmarks of how Kaizer Chiefs lost their grip on the Absa Premiership last season.
Some have dubbed today’s Nedbank Cup last-32 clash between Bloemfontein Celtic and Roses United a father-and-son battle or “Celtic vs Celtic”.
Safa’s Waterberg leadership has been accused of maladministration by three of its affiliates.
The glaring salary gap between what women in South African sport earn compared with their male counterparts could soon be a thing of the past.
The joint top scorers at the Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) – André Ayew (Ghana), Ahmed Akaïchi (Tunisia) and Thievy Bifouma (Congo) – have just two goals each so far.
Bafana Bafana’s Africa Cup of Nations woes continued off the field as they were grounded in Mongomo for another night or two after their chartered flight failed to arrive.
Bafana Bafana have been knocked out of the Africa Cup of Nations after going down 2-1 to Ghana.
Bafana Bafana could be without two defenders in their deciding Africa Cup of Nations match against Ghana.
Ghana captain and goal hero Asamoah Gyan is after Bafana Bafana’s scalp.
Sports Minister Fikile Mbalula has thrown his weight behind Bafana Bafana, saying he believes they will bounce back and qualify for the next round of the Africa Cup of Nations.
City Press on Twitter
- Suspended EFF MPs head to court, demand elective congress nullified: http://t.co/8mZLiBeM3E 7 hours ago
- Win Adidas #ThereWillBeHaters soccer boots: http://t.co/Ko7wFoeypK 8 hours ago
- Army vehicles that could have brought in about R250m on auction are literally sprouting trees and losing value: http://t.co/dkksC5yWuz 9 hours ago
- LIVE: Ramaphosa answers questions in Parliament: http://t.co/rr8GEwjvaX 9 hours ago
- GALLERY: Hybrids, convertibles and a whole lot of muscle at the Geneva motor show: http://t.co/pHAA1Crtpj 10 hours ago
The part of Nhlanhla Nene’s budget that’s getting to me is the fact that he’s upped personal income tax while leaving the corporates alone. That’s not cool.
The article, “Agang SA founder Mamphela Ramphele moves on” by Biénne Huisman (City Press, February 22 2015), contains some serious inaccuracies. In particular, I point to the claim that “The money owed to former staff members ranges from R10 000 to R30 000 for the months of July and August”.
This week we report that banks repossessed almost 5 000 cars from the country’s middle class in the Western Cape and Gauteng provinces.