While Bafana Bafana coach Shakes Mashaba has accepted being in the tough group, the doubt around leading striker Tokelo Rantie’s availability might cause him sleepless nights ahead of the Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) finals next month.
As long as Mamelodi Sundowns fail to get maximum points, they hand an advantage to log leaders Kaizer Chiefs who can afford to slip up at the top.
Be careful what you wish for – you might just get it and it might be very unpleasant, and you’ll find you really don’t want it!
At the rate Kaizer Chiefs are going, it will not be surprising if bookmakers started to pay out their customers who are betting that Amakhosi will run away with the league title this season.
Bafana Bafana could find themselves in a group of death when the Confederation of African Football (CAF) conducts the draw for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) on Wednesday.
The SA Football Association (Safa) appears to have scored an own goal by forgetting to bid for two Fifa Women’s World Cups.
The old adage that justice delayed is justice denied could come into play in the SA Football Association (Safa) match-fixing scandal regarding Bafana Bafana’s 2010 World Cup warm-up matches.
The postponement of the Soweto Derby due to the untimely death of Bafana captain Senzo Meyiwa has left the Orlando Pirates boss Vladimir Vermezović and Kaizer Chiefs coach Stuart Baxter with tough selection calls.
This is how cup finals should go – goals, cards, penalties and missed penalties!
Having just booked a ticket to next year’s Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) finals, Bafana Bafana coach Shakes Mashaba could be without most of his triumphant squad for next weekend’s Nelson Mandela Challenge.
SA Football Association (Safa) president Danny Jordaan allegedly manipulated the match-fixing investigation to advance his presidential ambitions.
Who was the last South African coach to guide Bafana to the Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) finals? Shakes Mashaba in 2003. Who is the latest coach to qualify Bafana for the Afcon finals? Shakes Mashaba.
City Press on Twitter
- MT @tashjoeza: Ellen #Tshabalala tells @garrethdavid: "I'm in a meeting. Please talk to my lawyer," after news of her resignation breaks. 2 hours ago
- RT @tashjoeza: Here's how @City_Press broke the story of Ellen Tshabalala's big fat lie to Parliament: http://t.co/ivLkVtHytr 2 hours ago
- RT @tashjoeza: Professor Mbulaheni Obert Maguvhe is now the acting chairperson of the board (he's the deputy, so this is an automatic move). 2 hours ago
- MT @tashjoeza: "(Zuma) thanks Ms Tshabalala for her contribution to the (SABC) and wishes her all the best in her future endeavours." 2 hours ago
- RT @tashjoeza: News of Tshabalala's resignation is contained in a statement from the Presidency which just hit my inbox. 2 hours ago
I run because I run, and lately it feels like I’ve been running for my life.
Ordinary people are adversely affected by load shedding, and there may well be disastrous consequences for jobs, livelihoods and our sinking economy.
We hear it all the time, especially during the festive season. Many of South Africa’s taxis are death traps.