Kaizer Chiefs captain Itumeleng Khune has promised the team’s supporters this will be their last season without silverware. So confident is Khune that he has promised to deliver all the trophies on offer.
Orlando Pirates want to pick up where they left off last season and win this year’s MTN8 tournament.
- Orlando Pirates and Blue Bulls team up to do their bit for Madiba
- Nude shower image could land Orlando Pirates players in hot water
- Eric Tinkler calls for unity as Orlando Pirates continue climb
- Watch – ‘We love Orlando Pirates and we want to make it a government’
- History has chosen Orlando Pirates – Mbalula
The Premier Soccer League (PSL) has been rocked by the immediate resignation of long-serving executive member Mike Mokoena.
Orlando Pirates chairman Irvin Khoza will not get involved in what he calls bidding wars for players. Instead, the Iron Duke has warned his players to “guard against psychological warfare”.
The darling of Orlando Pirates supporters, Oupa Manyisa, has assured the club’s followers that he will stay put at the Buccaneers – unless an overseas contract comes his way.
Kaizer Chiefs coach Stuart Baxter has not ruled out the possibility of joining the South African Football Association (Safa) as its technical director.
Kaizer Chiefs has unveiled five new players who may get a chance to play in the Carling Black Label Cup against Pirates on Saturday.
- Amakhosi ready to win back league title – Kaizer Motaung Jr
- Kaizer Chiefs, Moroka Swallows in big transfer deal
- Amateurs FC Buffalo confident of knocking Kaizer Chiefs out of Nedbank Cup
- I also want to taste Carling’s flavour – Khune
- Win tickets: Pirates Champions League, Carling Cup and Manchester City
There won’t be any surprises in the line-up for the first of the three guaranteed Soweto derbies of the season between Kaizer Chiefs and Orlando Pirates on Saturday.
As the dust settles after a memorable World Cup in Brazil, with Germany still basking in the glory after lifting their fourth title, the focus shifts to Russia.
Bafana Bafana will have a new coach to replace the outgoing Gordon Igesund next Saturday.
Spain’s early exit from the tournament has somehow made it easier to leave their flops out of the best XI.
It is a known fact that when Sundowns come knocking, many players don’t hesitate to sign.
City Press on Twitter
- Weird food: Corpse cakes and eerie eats: http://t.co/9NbYjudlqN #Trending 7 hours ago
- Vet investigating Thandi Modise farm case ‘gets threats’: http://t.co/N518jN9mQp 9 hours ago
- R10 makes terminally ill children’s dreams come true: http://t.co/CAy4XZiFZS by @Thuls11 10 hours ago
- POLL: 51% say politics and property rights don't mix, while 10% say land reform is no issue for investors. Vote: http://t.co/Xx8pgPDVfQ 11 hours ago
- Jacob Zuma ‘plans’ to suspend Mxolisi Nxasana with full pay: http://t.co/NpVjUuCDxy 12 hours ago
In the wake of Mandela Day, Milisithando Bongela questions what the pervasive image of Madiba and the narrative of ‘reconciliation’ really means.
Readers react cynically to the news that Public Works Minister Thulas Nxesi is cracking the whip over Nkandla spending
The era of having your cake and eating it seems to be coming to an end for government officials suspended on full pay. That’s if Public Service and Administration Minister Collins Chabane gets his way.