Bafana Bafana will get a chance to redeem themselves after the shameful scenes in October 2011 at Mbombela Stadium, when the players celebrated in the mistaken belief that a goalless draw against Sierra Leone was enough to guarantee them qualification for the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations finals.
A total of eight teams have failed to derail the Kaizer Chiefs train this season.
The South African Football Association bosses are noncommittal about stepping in as next year’s Africa Cup of Nations host.
Bafana Bafana lack game intelligence to get themselves out of tough situations.
Bafana Bafana coach Shakes Mashaba has challenged Congo-Brazzaville mentor Claude le Roy to produce evidence that he made an obscene gesture towards him.
Bafana Bafana missed a golden opportunity to book a place at next year’s Africa Cup of Nations finals after they were held to a goalless draw by Congo-Brazzaville.
Moroka Swallows should brace themselves after what befell Craig Rosslee at AmaZulu’s training ground last week.
Three more points and Bafana Bafana will secure a ticket to next year’s Africa Cup of Nations in Morocco.
Bafana Bafana coach Shakes Mashaba hopes that history will repeat itself when his team takes on Congo-Brazzaville tomorrow afternoon.
Immediately after touching down at Pointe-Noire International Airport in Congo after a four-hour flight from Johannesburg yesterday afternoon, Bafana Bafana were screened for Ebola.
Bafana Bafana hopes to qualify for Afcon for the first time since 2008, so the heat is on in Congo.
With Senzo Meyiwa and Brilliant Khuzwayo in top form, should Itumeleng Khune be worried, asks Timothy Molobi.
City Press on Twitter
- MT @neoraselabe: Our African leaders are concerned with filling their pockets with money and power. #talkingpoint 9 hours ago
- Champions League round-up: Real outclass Liverpool, Arsenal pull off late comeback: http://t.co/h35kk8ZnNT 10 hours ago
- RT @IamMfanelo: No its a "Pause". "@City_Press: Chiefs’ winning run comes to an end: http://t.co/3lbvqo3GSU" 10 hours ago
- RT @Bonga_Hugo: "@City_Press: Chiefs’ winning run comes to an end: http://t.co/3lbvqo3GSU" unbeaten run continues! 10 hours ago
- Chiefs’ winning run comes to an end: http://t.co/3lbvqo3GSU 10 hours ago
Milisuthando Bongela asks where the underprivileged black woman is in the midst of all this trendy feminism.
It should be increasingly difficult for South Africa’s top executives to justify their enormous pay packages, given the furore over excessive pay, the country’s high level of unemployment, and the huge disparity between the highest- and lowest-paid employees at companies.