There won’t be any surprises in the line-up for the first of the three guaranteed Soweto derbies of the season between Kaizer Chiefs and Orlando Pirates on Saturday.
As the dust settles after a memorable World Cup in Brazil, with Germany still basking in the glory after lifting their fourth title, the focus shifts to Russia.
Bafana Bafana will have a new coach to replace the outgoing Gordon Igesund next Saturday.
Spain’s early exit from the tournament has somehow made it easier to leave their flops out of the best XI.
It is a known fact that when Sundowns come knocking, many players don’t hesitate to sign.
The SA Football Association (Safa) has earmarked Stuart Baxter for the technical director position.
Except for Iker Casillas, who conceded seven goals in two matches, this year’s World Cup has been a happy hunting ground for goalkeepers, writes Timothy Molobi
Statistics don’t lie and will show that the Netherlands were the top-scoring team in the three group matches, while Uruguay finished theirs with the most unwanted disciplinary record.
The rumoured sale of Bloemfontein Celtic to prominent Free State businessman Max Tshabalala is shrouded in secrecy.
This week, Italy supporters came to understand why Africans, Ghanaians in particular, have loathed Luis Suárez ever since the 2010 World Cup quarterfinal between Uruguay and Ghana.
In what’s turning out to be a thrilling and frantic World Cup, Timothy Molobi gathers the facts
From a distance, you’d think they don’t have lives.
City Press on Twitter
- R100 000 reward for information on Reiger Park hijacking: http://t.co/BnVrv72HC0 6 hours ago
- #EFF march to Gauteng legislature ends in chaos: http://t.co/AoSznDrgh7 by @TshepoLesole 7 hours ago
- Sanral gets tongue-lashing for Lwandle evictions: http://t.co/A3HKGvGPOc 8 hours ago
- MT @mandlakhuya: He shud have been expelled the day Israel started killing the innocent Palestinian people including children. #talkingpoint 8 hours ago
- MT @kwena65: I'm just asking (if) chasing someone away will make a problem go away? #talkingpoint 8 hours ago
Saturday. The Croc and I are up bright and early. Impolitely so, if you ask me, but we don’t have a choice. The Commander in Chief is in town so that’s that.
Honestly, do we really need the department of public works? Has it brought us anything but embarrassment and scandal?