Log leaders Mamelodi Sundowns are hoping to open a five-point gap at the top of the Absa Premiership table when they visit Mpumalanga Black Aces at Mbombela Stadium in Nelspruit this evening. Kickoff is at 7.30pm.
About 600 Premier Soccer League (PSL) and National First Division players could be left stranded as the SA Football Players Union (Safpu), to which they belong, is falling apart.
Orlando Pirates will be aiming for revenge and making their third consecutive final count while Platinum Stars would want to make it two in a row when the sides contest the Telkom Knockout final in Mbombela on Saturday evening.
Gauteng and Free State will battle it out this weekend as Kaizer Chiefs and Orlando Pirates take on Free State Stars and Bloemfontein Celtic respectively.
The South African Football Association (Safa) has welcomed world football governing body Fifa’s decision to classify Bafana Bafana’s 1-0 win over Spain an “A” international friendly.
Kaizer Chiefs will be looking to bounce back from their shock 1-0 defeat at the weekend when they host Polokwane City at the FNB Stadium this evening at 7.30pm.
After being dropped from Bafana Bafana, the question on every football lover’s mind is: Is this the end of goalkeeper Wayne Sandilands’ international career?
Coach Gordon Igesund will have a good excuse if he does not win the African Nations Championship, writes Timothy Molobi
Has R50 million gone down the drain?
The courtroom has become the pitch in a legal battle between the Premier Soccer League (PSL) and National Lottery distributor Gidani.
It’s the world’s number one ranked team since 2008 against the pride of the nation, Bafana Bafana.
Sport Minister Fikile Mbalula has ruled Fifa offside. This after the world football organisation’s secretary-general Jerome Valcke said Fifa would investigate allegations of match-fixing involving Bafana Bafana’s pre-World Cup matches.
City Press on Twitter
- 9 ways in which you can pay tribute to Madiba in the next 9 days: http://t.co/TxEMaZoAbe by @carienduplessis #RIPNelsonMandela 10 hours ago
- RT @athi_saba: The crowd starts to disperse but songs can still be heard #RIPNelsonMandela 11 hours ago
- MT @athi_saba: #RIPNelsonMandela: "Imagine being a nation without hope and faith" says the preacher 11 hours ago
- RT @athi_saba: The ANC truck is turned into a stage, mega speakers and all #RIPNelsonMandela 11 hours ago
- MT @athi_saba: #RIPNelsonMandela Little girls going round offering cake to the crowd at the Houghton home. So sweet... 11 hours ago