The Economic Freedom Fighters have lambasted civil rights group AfriForum for defending “racists”.
Economic Freedom Fighters leader Julius Malema has been called a “bully” who thinks he is above the law after he allegedly assaulted a man in a Limpopo restaurant.
The Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) has turned to lawyers to find out how to recoup former chairperson Pansy Tlakula’s legal costs.
The government is considering freezing hundreds of thousands of unfilled public service jobs to curb runaway salary costs.
Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs Minister Pravin Gordhan has lashed out at municipalities for failing to spend over 20% of their budgets last year even as service delivery levels were not up to scratch.
Xolani Mbanjwa joins the faithful at Rabboni Centre Ministries in Ga-Rankuwa – and feels very uncomfortable yet strangely at home
Public works officials gear up to defend themselves against executive onslaught, saying they were simply following orders.
You can’t be “irresponsible”, fall victim to crime and then complain that the police aren’t doing their job, says Police Minister Nathi Nhleko.
Don’t flaunt your wealth, says the government.
Victims and relatives of the Nigeria building collapse deserve justice and government hopes an investigation into the cause of the tragedy will do just that, says Minister in the Presidency Jeff Radebe.
President Jacob Zuma has established a ministerial task team to help the families of the 67 South Africans who died when a church collapsed in Lagos, Nigeria, last week.
The government plans to seize assets and institute civil suits against any municipal official found guilty of corruption or fraud to recoup any money that is lost, says Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs Minister Pravin Gordhan.
City Press on Twitter
- RT @lubabalongcukan: Ramaphosa: OR Tambo is a leader we should emulate. 3 hours ago
- RT @lubabalongcukan: Ramaphosa: OR Tambo was a scholar, visionary and leader who sought only the best for his people. 3 hours ago
- RT @lubabalongcukan: Ramaphosa: NPD imagines our country in 20 years , where we live in a county we have remade. 3 hours ago
- RT @lubabalongcukan: Ramaphosa: We owe a lot to OR Tambo, he is the one who led us to the path to find solutions. 3 hours ago
- RT @lubabalongcukan: Ramaphosa: The NDP envisages an economy that is more diverse 3 hours ago
Thursday morning. The last day of Mampara Week. Where I come from, that’s the week before payday.
It should be increasingly difficult for South Africa’s top executives to justify their enormous pay packages, given the furore over excessive pay, the country’s high level of unemployment, and the huge disparity between the highest- and lowest-paid employees at companies.