Cape Town mayor and former Pan Africanist Congress MP Patricia de Lille today questioned why former president Thabo Mbeki told the nation that there was no prima facie evidence in relation to the arms deal.
An empty six-storey office block in Pretoria, a shopping centre in Heidelberg that contains no government agencies, and a strip mall in Lenasia that houses a supermarket, a grocer, and a car sound business.
Former President Thabo Mbeki has angrily hit out at anti-arms deal crusader Terry Crawford-Browne’s legal representative Paul Hoffman for referring to his former cabinet colleagues as “minions”.
Hlaudi Motsoeneng is on a mission to save South African journalism from itself.
- Watch – Hlaudi Motsoeneng: Matric scandal doesn’t bother me
- Public Protector to begin new probe into Hlaudi Motsoeneng
- Editors opposing licensing of journos ‘not doing their job’ – Hlaudi Motsoeneng
- ‘Credible law firm’ cleared Hlaudi Motsoeneng of wrongdoing – minister
- Full statement – Vhavenda king condemns Hlaudi Motsoeneng’s ‘wife gift’
South Africa reaped massive economic benefits from its four-year partnership with Brics member countries – Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa – International Relations and Cooperation Minister Maite Nkoana-Mashabane has said.
The caseload in the Office of the Public Protector keeps rising – but the number of investigators remains unchanged.
The State Security Agency has been roped in to investigate the upsurge of power outages in the City of Tshwane as a result of cable theft, which has cost businesses huge amounts of money.
Many building plans were passed but did not materialise due to the 2009 recession, Statistics SA has said.
It’s a case of commissioners versus the chief electoral officer as Pansy Tlakula’s fight to keep her job deepens tensions at the Independent Electoral Commission (IEC).
If details of Independent Electoral Commission chairperson Pansy Tlakula’s misconduct had emerged before she was interviewed for the position, it would likely have affected the decision to appoint her, Electoral Court Judge Lotter Wepener has said.
Independent Electoral Commission chairperson Pansy Tlakula should be removed from her job by Parliament for committing “misconduct” for her role in the R320 million lease saga, the Electoral Court has ruled.
Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) chairperson Pansy Tlakula has given two different reasons to explain her conduct in the R320 million lease saga, but the court should not take either of these into account in its judgment.
City Press on Twitter
- TV review – House of Cards: The best series on TV right now: http://t.co/TFyaPBNX10 #Trending 3 hours ago
- GALLERY: Mercedes-Benz Cape Town Fashion Week opens on high note: http://t.co/zPJltve7Nh 4 hours ago
- AmaXhosa king sick in East London hospital: http://t.co/HKjM42rmWL by @LubabaloNgcukan 4 hours ago
- Appropriation Bill ‘will burden future generations with debt’ – opposition parties: http://t.co/e2rPGU5uzC 4 hours ago
- No South Africans in Air Algerie plane crash: http://t.co/skUkSEO8xg 4 hours ago
Saturday. The Croc and I are up bright and early. Impolitely so, if you ask me, but we don’t have a choice. The Commander in Chief is in town so that’s that.
Honestly, do we really need the department of public works? Has it brought us anything but embarrassment and scandal?