Black people in SA are crippled and powerless because of feckless leadership.
I could be wrong on this but I doubt it: black South Africans hold the record for fighting so long for freedom and frittering its gains so soon.
Political analyst Richard Calland caused a storm in a teacup when he suggested that President Jacob Zuma does not read. And now he seems to be doing some creative footwork to explain himself.
I watched with a mix of horror and vindication as an ANC mob howled down former ANC leader Smuts Ngonyama at the heritage celebrations in Mdantsane on Heritage Day.
Xolela Mangcu bemoans the state of black unconsciousness today
How did a concept of such deeply European origins come to be jealously guarded and fiercely defended by those who call themselves African traditionalists?
For a long time, the struggle against apartheid put us on a higher moral pedestal than most other countries in the world.
Some people are beginning to resort to foul tactics to fight for the basic rights they were promised.
I read with great interest Frans Cronje’s article, “W(h)ither the Whites?” (City Press, May 19 2013).
One of my childhood heroes and co-founder of the black consciousness movement, Barney Pityana, was pilloried by government apologists when he wrote an open letter asking President Jacob Zuma to resign.
There has been much speculation lately about whether Mamphela Ramphele will enter the political fray. Isn’t it time we had a leader who has no fear?
On February 11 1908, the poet SEK Mqhayi wrote u-Mbambushe – Induna Enkulu ka Lagwanda (Mbambushe – Chief Ngqika’s chief headman).
City Press on Twitter
- MT @lubabalongcukan: #Mandela Lindiwe Sisulu and Gugile Nkwinti at Bumbane Great Place to meet king Dalindyebo ahead of Madiba's funeral 3 hours ago
- Premier says Limpopo will root out corruption in honour of #Mandela: http://t.co/boKTxaH7en by @PolokoTau 3 hours ago
- GALLERY: Cape Town does #Mandela jive: http://t.co/IVEUCNHKEI 4 hours ago
- Pinetown truck accident tops YouTube’s most watched list: http://t.co/snXuKPkM91 by Mamello Masote 4 hours ago
- Reconciliation did not die with Madiba, says Thabo #Mbeki: http://t.co/IAD2gbc193 by @Bhintsintsi 5 hours ago
- Cpt: 19 - 24°C
- Pta: 15 - 28°C
- Jhb: 13 - 24°C
- Bloem: 14 - 27°C
- Dbn: 15 - 25°C
- PE: 17 - 25°C