Win R100 000 cash and other cool prizes17 February 2013 14:07
GRAND PRIZE: WIN R100 000 CASH
1. Complete the entry form publish in City Press on Sundays and post to City Press Competitions, PO Box 3413, Johannesburg 2000.
2. Keep your entry forms in a safe place and once you have collected all 10 entry forms post all of them at once.
3. The closing date for posted entries is April 29 2013. One winner will be drawn on April 30 and announced in City Press on May 4 2013.
DAILY PRIZES: WIN R1 000 CASH EVERY DAY
1. Starting today, simply SMS the answer to the daily question from the stipulated date and you could win R1 000 cash.
2. All the entries with correct answers will be entered into an electronic draw and one reader will win R1 000 a day for 10 weeks!
3. A new set of questions and this week’s winners will be published in City Press on Sunday and on www.citypress.co.za each weekday.
Monday (March 18): How much money did a Lenasia man accidentally pay the City of Joburg last year for his rates bill?
A) R1 million B) R200 000 C) R50 000
Tuesday: Which Spanish football team scored four goals against AC Milan (last) week in the Champions League?
A) Barcelona B) Atletico Madrid C) Real Madrid
Wednesday: The term LBW is associated with which of the following games?
A) Hockey B) Tennis C) Cricket
Thursday: The Olympic games are normally held at intervals of …
A) 4 years B) 2 years C) 10 years
Friday: What weather event caused widespread air travel disruptions in Europe (last) week?
A) A hurricane B) A volcanic eruption C) A major snowstorm
SMS: Daily / Your answer (A, B or C) / Your province to 42987
All SMS’s charged at R1.50. Lines close at 5pm daily (Mon – Thurs) and 10am on Friday each week.
CONGRATULATIONS TO LAST WEEK’S R1 000 CASH WINNERS:
Friday, March 8 – Thoko Mavuso, Mpumalanga
Monday, March 11 – Anna Mbizela, Easter Cape
Tuesday, March 12 – Jacob Mogashoa, Limpopo
Wednesday, March 13 – Christine Jacobs, Pretoria
Thursday, March 14 – Elizabeth Magida, Gauteng
Win R10 000 to pay your debts, go on holiday or simply donate it to your favourite charity!
1. Starting today by simply SMSing the prize code next to the R10 000 prize you wish to win.
2. All the entries will be entered into an electronic draw and one reader will win one of these prizes valued at R10 000 each.
3. One winner will be drawn each week and published in City Press the following Sunday.
SMS: Weekly/ Your prize code/ Your province to 42987
R10 000 – GROCERY VOUCHER
Prize Code: 6011
R10 000 – CASH TO PAY DEBTS
Prize Code: 6012
R10 000 – SCHOOL FEES
Prize Code: 6013
R10 000 – PETROL VOUCHER
Prize Code: 6014
R10 000 – YUPPIE CHEF VOUCHER
Prize Code: 6015
5 prizes still up for grabs!
R10 000 winner – Moeketsi Sefatsa, Johannesburg – winner of R10 000 towards Gadgets
CONGRATULATIONS TO LAST
WEEK’S R1 000 CASH WINNERS:
Fri, 22 Feb: Thandikhaya Rudhue, EC
Mon, 25 Feb: Edwin Moemi, NW
Tues, 26 Feb : Zanele Mkangeni, Mpumalanga
Wed: 27 Feb: Mkhululi Boyce, EC
Thur, 28 Feb : Margaret David, KZN
1. The competition will run for 10 weeks from 10 Feb – 29 April 2013 and is open to all South African residents, 18 years or older, with a valid ID or passport.
2. Only the correct SMS entries received will be accepted for the electronic draw.
3. Winners will be notified telephonically & City Press reserves the right to publish their details and photographs for promotional purposes.
4. The decision of the City Press editor is final in all matters relating to the competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. The prizes are non-transferable.
7. Winners are required to have a valid South African bank account and must allow a minimum of 6-8 weeks for their winnings to be paid into their account.
8. All persons who are directors, members, partners, employees or agents of or consultants to Media24, City Press, sponsors/partners or their spouses, life partners, parents, children, brothers, sisters, business partners or associate employees may not participate in this competition.
9. Should legislation require that the competition be cancelled, Media24 & City Press will not be responsible for the fulfillment of prizes and or SMS/ postage entry costs.
10. Participation in this promotion implies full knowledge and acceptance of all the rules and regulations of the competition. Competition enquiries, contact 011 713 9529 from Mon – Fri (9:00 – 15:00).
Send us a tip Suggest a correction